A Heart of Gold

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
...... Hmmm, got thrown off by something in this last chapter. When Kermit was talking to Fozzie and Rowlf about the little thing in his vanity's drawers... Thought it was the three of them at the MBH, still part of the same night when Kermit was tucking Piggy in bed at the beginning of the chapter. The conversation between the guys was good, made even more awesomer by Robin. Rully looking forward to the show with all it's hinted surprises. Now get back in here and post more! Shaa! Please! Shaa!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Indeed. "Sha" is the word of the Prawn. "Oy" is the word of the Toga. "Lousy lovable <insert species here>" is the phrase of the Protege. "Fantasticabulous" is copyrighted.

These are the words of the incomprehensible fraction.

We have more, of course, but there's a dictionary in the works for that.:halo:

"Applause" is the word of Zany.

"More please" is the demand of the general public.

...I suppose I should work on that demand. Oh Leyla, dear!!!!!!!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Yup, "Fantasticabulous" is a registered trademark of Prawnie/Toga Enterprises, Inc. The use of "Fantasticabulous" or any characters there of is strictly prohibited and punishable by pelting of a thousand penguins. Any illegal copy or transcription of "Fantasticabulous" is also strictly prohibited and will be dealt with by withholding of fan-fiction updates. (Which, ironically, is also punishable by pelting with a thousand penguins.)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score

Your words huh? Like the weirdo said somewhere else... Says you! *Pelts Prawny and Lisa with a thousand penguins and then leaves under the cover of darkness to reload cannons for bombardment anewed in order to get more fanfiction posted.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Chapter Forty-Four

Kermit scurried off the stage from yet another introduction and found himself wrapped in Miss Piggy's arms.

"Oh!" He looked at her. "Hi-ho."

"Hi Kermie," she said softly with a sweet smile, pretending her eyes weren't plunging deep into his and trying to measure just what, exactly, was going through his sweet froggy mind.

Uh-oh. He gulped. "Um- you're on next, you know."

"Mm-hm," she said. She made no move to release him, or to stop measuring his eyes.

Oh good, he thought to himself. Well since you know that, could you please let me go so I can make sure Gonzo knows to distract you now? ...I really hope you have no idea how much you want to let go of me right now. Sheesh, how would I NORMALLY react to this?

She pulled him closer and pressed a kiss onto his cheek. "Ready for the number?" she whispered.

He held onto her and nodded. "I think so," he said quietly. He earnestly looked into her eyes. "Do you think it'll work?"

She gave him a brief but tender kiss. "Kermie?" she whispered. "I think everything is going to work tonight."

He gulped. Did she know- "Um-"

She felt his stiffened muscles and grinned. So there was something-

The act came off the stage.

"Better get out there," Kermit said.

"Mm-hm!" She headed for the stage. "Wish me luck!"

"You're not the one who needs it!" he quietly called after her. When she was safely out of earshot, he added, "I am." He turned around to see a blue-nosed weirdo. "Gonz-"

"Don't worry, Kermit!" Gonzo said, putting a hand on his friend's shoulder. "I've got everything under control! ...Except for the asparagus and cream cheese."

"Oh good, that has nothing to do with it," Kermit said, relieved.

"Are you kidding?" Gonzo said. "That has everything to do with it! How do you expect me to distract her?"

"By just interrupting the act!" Kermit said.

"Well of course, I'm gonna do that, Kermit," Gonzo said. "But I'm gonna do it with style!"

"Sheesh." Kermit scrunched up his face. "Just don't get her angry."

"But Kermit," Gonzo said, "That's the best way to distract her."

"Yes, but then I have to deal with it while you go run for cover," Kermit said.

"Well-"

"Just get out there." Kermit pushed him towards the stage.

Kermit sighed, looked around, darted to the spare dressing room, shot to the vanity, yanked the drawer open, and pulled something out. He looked at it for a moment, closed the drawer, and darted behind the stage, where a hanger was waiting with something on it.

"Here goes nothing," he mumbled to himself. He put the thing he had grabbed in a pocket of the thing on the hanger, and looked over the garment with something akin to admiration. "One part of the night's for you guys," he said quietly, "And the other part is for me." He nodded, bolted back to his desk, and peered out to see just how much chaos was being created on stage.

He smiled. Chaos was certainly exactly what it was, and unidentifiable chaos, at that. But the audience seemed to love it.

He wasn't sure he could say the same for Miss Piggy.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~​

"Kermie, why weren't you back stage during the skit?" Miss Piggy crossly demanded as she came off stage.

Uh-oh. He gulped.

"Did vous see what happened on that stage?"

"I saw, Piggy, I-" His mind raced. "Um- I was just putting my uniform back stage," he said.

She folded her arms and sighed. "That set will never be the same..."

"Um- no, but- it's just a set," he said quickly. "I mean, uh- it's replaceable. You know?"

She eyed him carefully. "Yes-"

"Don't worry about it, dear- you'd better go get changed, though," he said. "Y'know, um- closing number soon."

She stared at him. "Yes, very soon," she whispered. She obediently went to her dressing room door, but before going in, she turned. "Scooter?" she said to the go-fer, who was emerging from who-knows-where.

"Uh- yeah Piggy?" Scooter said nervously.

"What was he really doing?" she asked quietly.

He gulped. "Um- he was putting his uniform backstage?" he said quickly.

She smiled. "Scooter?" She said sweetly. "It was all ready there." And with that, she went into her dressing room and closed the door.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Poor Scooter!! Hahaha! That pig is DEVIOUS! Of course, we all already knew that. Oh this is so exciting! My only complaint though, is that I wanted to see what Gonzo did. :wink: :stick_out_tongue: But an awwwwwwwwesome chapter half! Great job! MORE PLEASE!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep... She knows... But then again, how could she not? After all, it's not like Kermit's ever going to master a straight poker face... So I applaud the craziness at the theater and expect more story when I get back around midnight tonight. Have fun, and here are some muffins!
Mwahahahahaha!
*Suddenly, a shower of muffins rains down on Lisa and Ryan, burying them under a cloud of crumbs and oblitterated littered fruity pieces and chocolaty chips.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Cute chapter, I loved the stuff with Gonzo, VERY humourous. And you are building such anticipation with the final number coming and the other thing coming and I am ready to burst with excitement over it all! Which means only one thing...MORE PLEASE!

Beauregard

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
Chapter Forty-Four
And here we are! (and LISA! I am HERE now so STOP nagging!!! *hugs* Just kidding mummy.)

Kermit scurried off the stage from yet another introduction and found himself wrapped in Miss Piggy's arms.
Unexpected, but not (I might add) unwelcome.

"Hi Kermie," she said softly with a sweet smile.
Becuase she is truely that innocent.

Uh-oh. He gulped. "Um- you're on next, you know."
Good ploy, good ploy.

"Mm-hm," she said.
Didn't work. Didn't work.

She made no move to release him, or to stop measuring his eyes.
MEASURING! What a fabulous word choice!

...so I can make sure Gonzo knows to distract you now?
*whistles* *coughs* *whistles* *is NOT thinking about ways for Gonzo to distract her in other universes*

"Kermie?" she whispered. "I think everything is going to work tonight."
Everything...

He gulped. Did she know- "Um-"
Why, yes, Kermit. She may well do.

She felt his stiffened muscles and grinned. So there was something-
Ahha!

The act came off the stage.
SHORT SENTENCE!

"Except for the asparagus and cream cheese."
*giggles*

"Oh good, that has nothing to do with it," Kermit said, relieved.
Hahaha!

"Are you kidding?" Gonzo said. "That has everything to do with it! How do you expect me to distract her?"
HAHAHAHA!

He smiled.
*GRINS*

Uh-oh. He gulped.
Duck, Kermit.

"Scooter?"
Uh oh...

"Uh- yeah Piggy?" Scooter said nervously.
Double uh-oh.

"What was he really doing?" she asked quietly.
Run Scooter, darling.

She smiled.
Definatly run.

"Scooter?" She said sweetly. "It was all ready there."
HA! My girl comes out top, as always. et's see if she can stay there...*hugs* Great job Lisa!