A Heart of Gold

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
No no no, Ed, I was just refering to the chapter I posted yesterday.

...Except for the part about the foreshadowing. That's just... random. <Ahem.>

Sorry for the confusion. Very tired... Long day today.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... Figured that's what you meant after I posted. Went to Muppet Wiki and searched for "Fozzie Bear's Jokes", didn't get what I was hoping, a list of all his jokes o find the one you used. But there was a very funny article about the Muppets origins in the results from other Wika pages... Try it yourself and see what I mean.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Just got a chance to read the latest chapter today. Thanks for the warnings (teddy bear alert) it was definately another heartwrencher. Can I just say that the God Bless the USA song is a wonderful choice. We do this annual variety show at my church every year with a different theme. Well, the winter after 9/11 the theme just happened to be a travel theme. We ended up closing the show with first the song New York, New York and then went into God Bless the USA. It's just so appropriate. So anyway, I'm looking forward to the tribute show they're doing and the things that have been foreshadowed and just more of this wonderful story in general! :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Her hand slipped under his collar...
It's the sort of place that no one sees...like on a toy teddy, there are places which are still fluffy because they are not touched...how adorable...

If he was going to show her his pain, then he wanted to see her pain, too.
Oh my...she is not good at that, and removing her mask...

That was the trouble. She had to show her pain; she wasn’t sure she knew how.
Yes exactly.

He was awake now, then. But he had just woken up, which meant… It meant he didn’t even know she was here.
*shiver*

Oh Piggie...

He stared up at the ceiling, his face taught with grief and guilt and regret...
Nice repitition.

He looked up at her and saw that her cheeks were wet.
Perhaps she can show her pain after all.

"I love you, Piggy."

"I love you too," she whimpered.
Those lines never get old...

"Well, not in New York, per say, bu-"

She put a finger over his lips. "Together," she whispered.
Not a time for jokes, Kermit...

"What were vous and Scooter talking about last night?" she asked.

He gave her a passionate kiss.
So, it's like that is it?

"Room service!" a man's voice announced.

"Not interested!" Miss Piggy called.
HA!

Craig Rivers was tense as he closed and locked the front door of the small, yellow house.
There is something frightening about that...

She rolled her eyes. "Duh," she said, "I'm always ready!"
Yup. She's 13 alright.

"Oh Piggy's great at tennis," Kermit said quickly.
*eyebrow tilt*

"Yes sir!"

"Stop calling me sir..."
*sniggers*
"Love-love!"

Whack.
Sounds like something that Piggy would do if someone said Love, Love near her...

"Right. And all the fundraisers in the world can't fix it," Kermit said. He added lamely, "Believe me, I've tried."
Yup.

"Me too," Bob whispered. "That's why I'm going back."

Craig looked at him. "When ya ship out?" he asked.
He took that rather well.

"You got Betty Sue," Kermit said quietly.
*nods*

Bob raised his eyebrows. Sally tilted her head. Miss Piggy turned. Kermit considered.
Oh nice!

All eyes turned to Kermit.
Oh MY!
"How late?"
I love how that frog child just asks so many questions.

"Piggy?" Rowlf whispered, none of them quite looking at each other. "You can't carry him alone."
So wise...!

And then the tears came, and she fell into Fozzie's arms.
Oh Fozzie! Oh Piggy! Oh! Oh!

For the briefest fraction of a second something flared inside of him and faded just as quickly because he knew better than to even think of thinking that, of all things.
*stares* I hadn't even thought of that.

"Oh," she whispered.
Oh indeed!!!

"Welcome home," Fozzie said.
SQUEEE!

He liked this room.
Simple. Profound.

Oh Kermit! Oh Rowlf! Oh Fozzie! Oh Piggy! Oh everyone! And can a patriotic number really change things? Can it even get them thinking? *is excited, and frightened*

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<Hugs Beau!> It's about time you caught up!

So, since nobody guessed where the joke at the end of the chapter was from... I guess I'll just have to tell you.

Muppet Treasure Island, the computer game.

Yup! It seems to be a little-known fact, but Muppet Treasure Island was turned into a three disc computer game, which I was obsessed with for many years. Unfortunately, it doesn't work on my current computer system.

Anyway, at the beginning of the game, you're in this control-room area, and you're greeted by various characters. This big door opens, and Kermit comes out. (At the moment, he's the only character we see.)

Kermit: Hi-ho, and welcome to the-

Fozzie: <entering from the left side of the screen> Hey Kermit! I got some GREAT new pirate jokes for The Game!

Kermit: Ah, not right now, Fozzie, you see we-

Fozzie: Yeah but but wait. Have you heard the one about the pirate that kept falling down? They called him- Black-and-Blue-Beard! Ahh! Wocka wocka!

Kermit: One more joke like THAT, Fozzie, and you'll "wocka wocka" the plank!

Fozzie: Hey, that's FUN-NY! Ah, can I use that?

Kermit: Uh, sure. But first you have to take your place in Bristol.

Fozzie: <shakes head> Nuh-uh.

Kermit: Yeah. Come on- <ushers Fozzie out the door> <pushes a button, making his own sound effect> <walks out the door> <door closes>

SO! That's that. The joke is straight from the bear's mouth. <tips hat> <is not wearing hat> <wonders how that works> <doesn't care>

ANYWAY! How bout a chapter, huh?

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Chapter Forty-Three

They were silent as they walked down the dark hall, still holding each other, even as they entered Miss Piggy's bedroom. He guided her to her bed and gently laid her down.

She held him close to her. "I'm sorry," she whispered.

"For what?" He kissed her cheek.

She bit her lip. "We said... we wouldn't hide our pain, and I-"

"Oh, Piggy-"

"And I did..."

"Sh…"

"And you-"

"Piggy..." He put his hands on her cheeks. "It's okay," he said tenderly.

"But it isn't-"

"Yes." He kissed her cheek. "It is."

"But-" She pushed herself to sit up. "Why?"

"Piggy..." He wrapped his arms around her and nuzzled close. "It's not easy, Piggy. I know that. ...And we're not exactly used to it, either..."

She wrapped her arms around him. "Mon Capitan..."

He gently eased her onto her back again and kissed her sweetly. He sank into her warm arms. "Mm… Piggy..."

She held him tight. "Mon Capitan?" she murmured.

"Hm?" He lifted his head and slid his hand behind her neck.

"Kermie," she murmured. "Is it… I... do you mind if..."

He slid his face closer to hers.

She whispered. "If... If I talk to- to Rowlfie and Fozzie about..."

He pressed his cheek against hers and was quiet for a long moment. "Yes," he whispered faintly. "But- but just Fozzie and Rowlf, okay?"

She nodded. "Kermie?" she whispered. "I lo-"

He kissed her.

"-You too," he whispered.

She squeezed him tight.

He kissed her cheek. "Sleep well, Piggy," he murmured.

"Sweet dreams, Mon Capitan."

His kissed her sweetly, and eased out of her arms and out the door.

He went to his room, opened his suitcase, and took out something small. He smiled at it, and went back into the hallway to knock on Fozzie and Rowlf's door. "Guys?" he said quietly as he opened it. "I want to show you something..."

The three of them gathered around the small thing he was holding.

They were quiet for a long moment. "Wow," Fozzie whispered.

"Think she'll like it?" Kermit whispered.

"Kermit," Rowlf said, "Is the sky blue?"

"Well at the moment, no, it's more of a black-ish color..."

They chuckled.

"She'll like it," Fozzie said.

"Have you figured out yet how to give it to her?" Rowlf asked.

Kermit hesitated. "I've got an idea..."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~​

"You don't have to do it, you know," Fozzie said quietly.

Kermit was watching himself in the mirror of a spare dressing room. "I know," he whispered. He watched his reflection.

Fozzie sighed, stood up, and put a hand on his friend's shoulder. "It's a good number, Kermit," he said quietly. "It'll be good... whether you do or don't."

"It'll be better if I do," Kermit said.

Fozzie shifted his weight.

"I want to do it," Kermit said. "I think... I think it'll have a nice effect, you know? I think... it'll work that way."

"It'll work either way," Fozzie said. "And then afterwards-"

"Oh I don't even wanna think about 'afterwards' yet," Kermit said as he turned to the bear. He smiled and shifted his weight. "I mean- not right afterwards..."

"Oh relax," Fozzie said. "You've got nothing to worry about there, either."

"Well- I..." Kermit squirmed.

"Ker-mit," Fozzie sighed. "You've got nothing to worry about!"

"I know, Fozzie, but I'm still gonna worry," Kermit said.

"Where's the sense in that?" Fozzie asked.

"Well, there isn't any," Kermit said, "But that's never stopped you."

"...Oh," Fozzie said.

"But that's not what we were talking about."

"No. It isn't."

Kermit sighed and looked at himself in the mirror. "I said I'd never put it on again," he whispered.

Fozzie shifted his weight. "Well... That was the one you came home in," he said. "This one's different, right?"

"Right," Kermit said quietly. "It's only for special occasions."

Fozzie took a deep breath. "Well," he said meekly, "...Tonight... certainly is that."

"Sure is," Kermit said quietly. He thought for a moment, and turned to the items on a hanger near by. "It'll be worth it," he said quietly.

There was a tiny knock, and the door opened. "Uncle Kermit?"

Kermit grinned and turned to greet his nephew. "Hi Robin!"

Robin hopped over to them. "Hi, Uncle Kermit! Hi Fozzie!"

"Hi Robin!" Fozzie said.

"Hey Robin," Kermit said. He gestured for the young frog to hop up onto the vanity. "Ready for the number tonight?"

"Yup!" Robin said excitedly.

"Oh, good."

"It's tonight, isn't it, Uncle Kermit?" Robin grinned.

"What? The number?"

"No- that." Robin kicked his flipper towards the top drawer of the vanity.

Kermit and Fozzie grinned at each other, and Kermit hugged his nephew. "Yes, Robin. That's tonight," he said. He looked the young frog in the eye. "But it's still a secret for now, okay?"

"I know," Robin said. "I won't tell."

There was another knock on the door, and a head poked in. "Thirty seconds to curtain, Boss!" Scooter declared.

"I'd better get out there," Kermit said. He stopped at the dressing room door. "Um- Scooter?"

Scooter glanced over each of his shoulders and leaned in. "She doesn't know yet," he said quietly. "But I think she's got a feeling something's up."

"I see," Kermit nodded. "Hopefully, she'll just think..."

"That you need to get on stage!" Scooter watched his watch.

"Oh, right, right!"

"Kermit?" Fozzie gestured to the drawer.

"I'll get it later!" Kermit said. "Gonzo's gonna distract her during Pigs in Space. Um-" He turned to Scooter and pointed to the hanger. "Make sure that gets back stage in time?"

"Sure thing, Boss!" Scooter said. "Now go!"

"Going, going!"Kermit bolted for the stage and made it just in time to shove his head through the giant O.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh Piggy is so...she's so broken. Yes, that's it. Broken. She is almost as broken as Kermit was when he returns. Yet she has Fozzie and Rowlf to lean on. And Kermit has them too. And...tonight is the night, oh gosh. *lung thing* Get moving Kermit. *hugs for Kermit and Toga*

Leyla

Reaction score
Ooooh wow... it's coming, it's coming, it's coming...wow. Well, I already KNOW how awesome it is, so colour me TRES excited.

I like Piggy's apology there... you remember how tense I was during that whol scene the first time? So nervewracked he'd be mad at her... or worse... run away from her. But, no, still the same lovely, brave sweet frog.

Ah, I'm just dying here, waiting for the day when they're all healed up. Like Piggy asking permission to talk about things withh Fozzie and Rowlf... that's a heavy burden she's been carrying. Not so big as Kermit's of course, but sometimes it's easier to go through something than to watch someone else go through it.

She nodded. "Kermie?" she whispered. "I lo-"

He kissed her.

"-You too," he whispered.
I sure I've already told you how charming I found that, but... I'm telling you again. Very fun and sweet, and... yeah.

I love Kermit's nerves, and Robin's enthusiasm... well, isn't it always so boundless... or... mostly, anyway? Shoot... stabbed myself. Wait... shoot, stabbed... I guess I must be confused. Anyway, love Kermit's decision about wearing that, and the whole upcoming production... all of it. All of Kermit's reactions and interactions with his friends are very warm through out, and it did me a lot of good to see that. I needed that today. Didn't even know that I needed it, but I did.

He's a brave brave frog and I wish him all the happiness in the fiction world. (And maybe a little more than that. :wink:)

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh! The big number and then there's that other big thing and ooh, I'm just so excited!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! OH THE ANTICIPATION!!! FOZZIE WAS SO AWESOME!!!! Lisa!! I can't wait for the next chapter!!! *BOUNCES* MORE PLEASE!!!!