50th Anniversary DVD announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Here's what I would love this DVD to have.

At least one full clip of Brian's Elmo and one full clip of Richards Elmo.

The street scenes of episode 847

Brunos first appearance

The scene when big bird and snuffy say they can't be friends anymore.

The very last appearance of Mr. Hooper

The season 16 episode when Oscar meets Snuffy

Some street scenes that deal with Maria's pregnancy, including the food cravings episode.

Street scenes from either episode 415 or 1911.

Scenes with the fix it shop renovation including episode 1411 that features telly in his first non tv monster appearance.

Anything with Dr price or forgetful jones not yet released. Street scenes from some of the rebuilding of hoopers store episodes 2791-2795
Woah there partner, as much as I would like to see a lot of more classic Sesame stuff. We need to think reasonably for the time. For example: the only thing I would really like to see is the bathroom sing along episode.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
each disc has about 2 and 1/2 hours of content and the street scenes that I spotted in the trailer were...
Mr Hooper's death
Snuffy is revealed
Maria and Luis get Married
Gordon runs a marathon
Bob's brother visits
Around the corner premiere
Abby's debut
Jerry Nelson tribute
Julia's debut
and each street story runs from 15 to 20 minutes, and if the entire disc has street scenes then there just might be room for the bathtub sing along, Margaret Hamilton episode and the first episode (I just really think they should add the first episode since it's the most important)

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I think it's entirely possible that the episodes prior to Season 33 may not have *every* scene of the street plot; just the ones relevant enough. Like the Mr. Hooper one - probably won't have the opening with Forgetful or the "J-Jump" scene, just the ones pertaining to the big moment.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
each disc has about 2 and 1/2 hours of content and the street scenes that I spotted in the trailer were...
Mr Hooper's death
Snuffy is revealed
Maria and Luis get Married
Gordon runs a marathon
Bob's brother visits
Around the corner premiere
Abby's debut
Jerry Nelson tribute
Julia's debut
and each street story runs from 15 to 20 minutes, and if the entire disc has street scenes then there just might be room for the bathtub sing along, Margaret Hamilton episode and the first episode (I just really think they should add the first episode since it's the most important)
The various press releases also confirmed the NYC Marathon with Gordon and Snuffy will be included, and I think the Vulture article said that it'll have Snuffy's debut (but will it just be the two scenes involving his introduction or all of the street scenes?). I sure do hope we get a few long-unseen street stories from the 1970s (many of those only have the main plot focus in two or three scenes, should be easier to fit in, though the ones I most want to see do have a lot of separate scenes).

I'd like to see either the one where Big Bird runs for president or Cookie Monster runs for president. Then again, with next year being an election year, that would be a better time to release these episodes.

In my head I have thought of the possibility of some street scenes being on disc 1 as well, street scenes that don't connect to other street scenes (though they were only in one episode, maybe two if it was repeated once). If only there was more disc space, it'd be cool if each season could be represented with a (non-insert) street scene, a Muppet segment, an animation segment, a number segment, a guest star segment, and a human cast segment (of course many of those could easily overlap). Of course that's six clips per season over 50 on just one disc, probably not too likely (though a lot of animation segments are quite short).

Cookie3001

Reaction score
have they not released that everywhere enough
true but those are older releases and it would be nice to have a new release for the 50th anniversary and also it would be good for any kids you might get the DVD since it's the most important episode

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Thread bump. I wish I could edit out the wedding reference, but yeah, Monica's feelings are no different from how I'm feeling today about this upcoming DVD:

zns

Reaction score
true but those are older releases and it would be nice to have a new release for the 50th anniversary and also it would be good for any kids you might get the DVD since it's the most important episode
That's definitely a good way to look at it.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
We'll likely get a lot of segments they've released everywhere else (though hopefully the amount of unreleased-on-physical-media/rare segments included will greatly outnumber that).

It is about a month before it's released (technically it's less than a month). For the past week (which will likely continue until either it's released or we get a full rundown of contents, depending on what comes first) I've been editing my signature with "it's x weeks until Sesame Street: 50 Years and Counting is released. Will it have x?" once or twice daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.