50th Anniversary DVD announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
At first I thought it was probably Life of Whoopie Pie, but then it confirmed The Biscotti Kid. Others have kinda said the same, but I seriously doubt there'd be two Cookie's Crumby Pictures segments on this set (as good as the segments are). I can see it having multiple News, Waiter Grover, Super Grover, and/or Monsterpiece Theater segments (heck, 40 Years of Sunny Days only had two segments each from News and MT, and that one divided the season coverage by two discs). Especially if the segments were organized by year (though the article makes me think that it will be a more random order), the two segments would appear a bit too close to each other.

I feel like multiple Cookie's Crumby Pictures would be appropriate for a similar collectors-themed Cookie Monster compilation, but even then, I kind of feel it would be too much for one to have two Crumby Pictures segments (Monsterpiece Theater is really recurring Cookie Monster series the only one I would include multiples of on such a release).

I did a google search as well as Muppet Wiki's page on pies to see if I could determine what it is referring to, and I still can't determine. At least we'll know within five days.

At first I thought that article was a review, but it doesn't really seem opinion-y enough for a review. Seems more like an article announcing a special release (but at least we've got a handful of additional clips confirmed). By my count there's at least nine more segments confirmed (and I can't remember if that includes the pie "story"). I noticed it mentioned Cookie Monster teaching the letter C, it probably refers to C is for Cookie (which has been confirmed).... but I wouldn't be surprised if it were to also include a Letter of the Day for C (maybe the one with Mumford) before C is for Cookie.

I almost want to check YouTub for the run time of each confirmed segment and determine how much of disc 1, in terms of run time, has been announced (but of course you never know what will be cut... well, probably pre-rolls/post-rolls that Sesame Workshop includes online).

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Looking at article, is it fair to assume that the street scenes listed will be the only ones we'll see on there?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Looking at article, is it fair to assume that the street scenes listed will be the only ones we'll see on there?
Sadly, that's what I'm getting the sense of. I hope that my senses are incorrect.

It had been said that select retailers will come with a special picture frame. It's a shame that hasn't been pictured online yet. Anybody know what retailers will have it?

One thing I find odd, with all the trailers and articles that have confirmed things, is that no segments starring both Ernie and Bert have been officially confirmed. A few group scenes with them have been confirmed, as have three Ernie segments without Bert, but it is interesting that nowhere has confirmed anything starring the duo. Of course I highly doubt there won't be anything with them (it would be a lot more shocking than certain secondary characters being absent).

I've also noticed that none of the articles or trailers confirm if Rubber Duckie (or any of the other Rubber Duckie songs) will be included. I don't know which would shock me more - Rubber Duckie not being included at all, or the song being included/confirmed yet not in any of the promotion (there has been confirmation of some segments that have had many releases, C is for Cookie has been released on video more times and is in one trailer).

One segment I recently thought of that I'd like to see: The version of The People in Your Neighborhood that was briefly glimpsed in the timeline in The Street We Live On and the bonus DVD with the 40th anniversary book, featuring David and Olivia. I don't think that one has surfaced online, don't think it's been in any of the episodes the wiki recently obtained, and don't think any of the trusted sources have info on it yet (it would feature David and Olivia, take place outside of Hooper's Store, I don't know what jobs are spotlighted).

The article also says that the set has Big Bird singing "Somebody Come and Play". Have any Big Bird performances surfaced online? I looked at the song page on the wiki and only saw one Big Bird performance listed (being from the 1970s), I can't remember if it was pictured in the article or not.

Just four more days, just four more days....

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I think I know a couple people on here that probably will. As for myself, we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.