50th Anniversary DVD announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I might just buy it when I get more money in a few weeks, I'll only but it because of the good deal since we don't know what's on it yet, like I said I'm not just buying a DVD with the same crap that's been on the last few DVD's

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I understand not being pleased with material being presented, but please try not to be so negative. We can’t always get what we want at the end of the day, and the fact that Shout is even giving us a 50th DVD to begin with is a blessing.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
good point, I just wasn't happy with the last few SS compilation DVDs. The 40th anniversary DVD was pretty good and I hope we get something like that but with more stuff we haven't seen yet

Cookie3001

Reaction score
so according to Muppet Wiki the bonus material includes outakes from the early years and segments featuring obscure characters lik Farley, Mumford and Lefty the Salesman. And (I'm not and idiot I was just confused) by pre order do they mean order it in advance or order it and get it in advance?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Pre-ordering means you’ll get the dvd early than it’s intended release date.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Just keep in mind that you’re not actually charged until the item ships out. Be careful if you’re using a debit card and not a credit card.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I just wait until Amazon gets it because I can trust them and they will give refunds

minor muppetz

Reaction score
On the "top ten anything" thread, I posted lists of both the top ten segments I most hope don't get repeated from the Old School/40 Years of Sunny Days releases as well as the top ten segments on those releases I would most not mind getting again on this set,

I thought I'd put together a list of all segments that have been confirmed so far, as confirmed in articles from the Shout! site, the Animation Magazine article, and the Vulture.com article (which I'll put under spoiler in case people don't want to be spoiled by what is known already):
  • Maria and Luis get married
  • Goodbye, Mr. Hooper
  • Snuffy is seen
  • Snuffy and Gordon run in the marathon
  • Julia's introduction
  • Bob's brother visits (by confirmation of Jeff Goldblum being on this set, I don't think he made any other appearances)
  • Patti LeBelle sings "Gospel Alphabet"
  • REM sings "Furry Happy Monster"
  • Will.I.Am sings "What I Am"
  • Kermit sings "Bein' Green" (though it's unknown which version)
  • Ladybug Picnic (though it's unknown which version; one article refers to it as a "classic" so probably the original)
  • Pinball Number Count (but it's unknown which segment)
  • Amy Poehler segment (articles say she teaches vocabulary words, only segment I saw mentioned on Muppet Wiki is a Word of the Day on the word "Challenge")
  • The Power of Yet (by confirmation of Janelle Morae being included)
  • Big Bird meets Snuffy
  • Madeline Kahn appearance (currently unknown which one it is)
  • Just Like Magic (by confirmation of Sara Bareilles being in this)
  • Hey Friend (by confirmation of Josh Grobane on this)
  • Solange appearance (redlinked on Muppet Wiki so I don't know anything about this celebrity or appearance; I saw that the guest is in season 49, has that aired yet?)

Status
Not open for further replies.