50th Anniversary DVD announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I like that list but I don't think they will focus on most of the old stuff, also The Wicked Witch of The West visits Sesame Street would be a treat

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I like that list but I don't think they will focus on most of the old stuff, also The Wicked Witch of The West visits Sesame Street would be a treat
That's why it's a wishlist!

Joe has mentioned that there's going to be some rare stuff, we don't exactly know how many rarities or what he means as rarities, but with this upcoming release, when thinking up a wishlist, I often don't think of many that are that rare.

Ignoring what street stories I have said, I kinda feel like it would be great if all the street stories included that are not exactly "important" were ones focusing on Muppet characters who weren't in street stories that often back in the 1970s. But I also feel there should be a street story or two with more focus on the human casts (well, Maria and Luis' wedding will be there, but I mean more along the lines of the humans getting a plot while Muppet characters barely show up, I think most of those would occur in the first few seasons).

Cookie3001

Reaction score
My brother asked me repeatedly if Cracks or the Professor Hastings sketches were on the DVD since those are his favorite lost skits

Oscarfan

Reaction score
A. Unless they put out some classic episodes down the line and the Cracks cartoon happens to be in, I don't see any official release of that any time soon.

B. Professor Hastings is boring, so I doubt he'd make the cut.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
A. Unless they put out some classic episodes down the line and the Cracks cartoon happens to be in, I don't see any official release of that any time soon.

B. Professor Hastings is boring, so I doubt he'd make the cut.
Plus it was the only Muppet, Jim admitted was a failure.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I know, I didn't think they would release them either

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Joe has mentioned the inclusion of many of his favorite moments, but I wonder if there are previous articles where he has mentioned personal favorites.

I checked the various "Sesame Street 50 at 50" articles and saw that so far he's only written a handful of those reviews. He's mentioned classic sketch/song debuts and such, though I realize that just because it's a classic debut doesn't mean it's one of his personal favorites (or that they'll be included).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
As far as Mr. Hastings goes, the fact that the workshop has barely acknowledged the character through merchandise or even just official uploads shows he’s not going to appear on the DVD.

The only way we’ll ever see ANY of his skits is if we’re lucky to have more season 1 shows leak or if we get some uploads from @scarecroe if gets his hands on any episodes with a Hastings skit (and even I doubt he’d have any interest uploading any skits).

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I see your strategy of dealing with patience is over analyzing things.
My thoughts exactly.

As far as Mr. Hastings goes, the fact that the workshop has barely acknowledged the character through merchandise or even just official uploads shows he’s not going to appear on the DVD.
I think the same can be said for Deena and Pearl.

Status
Not open for further replies.