50th Anniversary DVD announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssetta

Reaction score
Personally I prefer getting individual segments over full episodes.

@ssetta let me ask you something out of real talk. Have you actually done a binge series of full episode marathons? Because if you have, i’d be amazed. Considering they’re hour long episodes with the same skits, i’d find myself having to watch one episode per day and then taking a break when finishing a season.
I actually have when I was younger. Because my local PBS station used to air Saturday and Sunday marathons where they would re-air the entire week. I loved it. And then there was Noggin, which used to air Season 25 during the preschool block, and I think they aired 3 episodes per day, though not back to back. And if I was home, I usually watched them all. Sesame Street, especially the classics, has always been very comforting to me. It makes me feel very safe. That's why I wish I could get to see some of these rare episodes. I know they will eventually be available at WGBH, though I haven't heard any official word on that yet, unless maybe that's where Scott is getting all the episodes, I thought you weren't allowed to record anything from there. But it's just not the same as being able to watch it in your own home. And since this is such a milestone season and time period of the show, if we don't get more full episodes now, I'm not sure when we would.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Well, sometimes that’s just life. Not everything is going to go your way. It’s something you have to grasp on whether you like it or not.

I’d rather have some way of viewing them than nothing at all.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
On the note of how not everything is going to go our way, I'm not sure if y'all saw the ToughPigs Forum discussion about the DVD announcement, but Joe admitted "Naturally, I couldn't get EVERYTHING I wanted in there, but rest assured, there will be some fun gems in there for diehard fans like us."...

And if that statement doesn't get everybody hyped up for this DVD, I don't know what else will!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I brought this up on Muppetcentral discord last night, but man, I really wish the Beatles’ music wasn’t so expensive to license, because I’d love to see at least one of their song covers pop up on DVD, even if it’s one that leaked out years ago.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I brought this up on Muppetcentral discord last night, but man, I really wish the Beatles’ music wasn’t so expensive to license, because I’d love to see at least one of their song covers pop up on DVD, even if it’s one that leaked out years ago.
Seeing how Paul McCarthy is trying to buy back the rights to the Beatles catalog. There could be a bigger possibility

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Three hours of Flo Bear!
I don't think anything with that character has been released on video. I can't even remember if I've ever seen any Flo Bear scenes. Though that's a character I'm not too interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.