50th Anniversary DVD announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The truth is, the only reason people want to see Hastings is because of how rare the clips are.

But here’s the honest truth. Have you guys actually paid attention to his character? Notice how half the time he’s just mumbling and falling asleep? The only benefits of his skits would be seeing Kermit in the skits.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
The truth is, the only reason people want to see Hastings is because of how rare the clips are.

But here’s the honest truth. Have you guys actually paid attention to his character? Notice how half the time he’s just mumbling and falling asleep? The only benefits of his skits would be seeing Kermit in the skits.
I mean Jim even claim he was one of the failure Muppets on his talk show appearances. Which is pretty bad

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score

I mean Jim even claim he was one of the failure Muppets on his talk show appearances. Which is pretty bad
And anybody who grew up listening to his U Lecture on "The Muppet Alphabet Album/Sing the Alphabet" should know Hastings wasn't that great of a character- I know it worked for me!

Sorry to bring them up again, but it was the same case with people wanting to see Deena and Pearl because of how rare their clips were, and ultimately we saw that they were nothing more than Ernie and Bert wannabes.

Last edited:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Sorry to bring them up again, but it was the same case with people wanting to see Deena and Pearl because of how rare their clips were, and ultimately we saw that they were nothing more than Ernie and Bert wannabes.
I just want to see them because it was a rare time for Karen Prell, working on Sesame Street which is interesting.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I deal with a lot of things (patience, getting new info, finally getting answers to things I've long wondered about, thinking about how I should have done things, observations that I question, etc.) by over analyzing.

As far as Mr. Hastings goes, the fact that the workshop has barely acknowledged the character through merchandise or even just official uploads shows he’s not going to appear on the DVD.
Sesame Workshop did upload What's My Part?: Foot on sesamestreet.org, though I'm guessing, like the majority of classic clips the site once had, it's no longer there (and I don't think Sesame Workshop uploaded it onto its official YouTube channel). Though to be fair, that one is probably a lot more entertaining to casual fans (and then some) than a typical Professor Hastings sketch.

Status
Not open for further replies.