15 years - Where were you?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I was twelve, and I had come home where I saw my father sitting on the couch and I could tell there was something wrong because of the way he looked at me when I came in. He asked me to sit down and said something very sad has happened (Dad wasn't a as big a Muppet fan as me, but he still admired Jim and knew how fanatic I was). I cried for two hours and mourned for two weeks. In loving memory, I've changed my avatar for this full week in dedication to a man that my father instilled in me as a great role model. Thank you, dad; and God bless you Jim.

Pino

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
In loving memory, I've changed my avatar for this full week in dedication to a man that my father instilled in me as a great role model. Thank you, dad; and God bless you Jim.
Can I use that avatar too this week...?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Vic, I'd like to use your avatar for my online journal, if that's alright. I won't use it on here, cause I don't want to cause confusion. But it's beautiful.

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
I think I was in Kindergarden (yes im that young) and I DO remember the special on him, and his death, but I dont think I fully understood it then

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
actualy, my fav was the letter he wrote to his kids at the funeral (well... it was in his will for them to read it at the funeral or something)

It was somthing like... "Be kind to eachother, life is good, and **** whos going to argue with me, im dead" I loved his humor, I think we all did, it wasnt so... ovious, not so sexual, you know what I mean?

Ive had many dreams of meeting him, and Dave Golez, and Carol Spinny

Erine81981

Reaction score
I was 9 years old when I found out about Jim's death. I couldn't stand seeing my hero gone for good. I cried the whole day. My grandma called me and said "Sorry to hear about Jim Henson death. I wanted to call you to tell you it will be ok." I was glad to hear my grandma on the phone telling this and I felt better. My teacher gave me an article but I lost it. It had the same picture I think as yours muppet_dk but in color and had other little games and stuff to play. I wished I still had it. That was one of my charished thing I had that told me about Jim and his death. I'll always love you JIM! Your my hero!! Wished you could be here but I know you are in sprit.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
In response to my avatar, I've created three similar ones for use by other members. You may also feel free to use the one I have now, but I feel this is a small yet beautiful day to mark our rememberance of such a wonderful man, so I encourage you to either use one of these or your own in the celebration of Jim's life.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/vicromano/jimavatar3.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/vicromano/jimavatar2.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/vicromano/jimavatar1.gif

Frogster

Reaction score
I was five years old.
I went with my parents on my dad's business trip up to Wichita. While my dad was at work, I went with my mom shopping. We went to this big store that was like K.B. Toys, and I got a Kermit the Frog doll that said Muppet University on it. After that, we went to the mall, and I saw a magazine Kermit sitting in a director's chair, and I remember asking my mom to get it so she could read me the articles on him. I didn't belive what the cover had said about him being dead. I hadn't heard anything about it. Looking back on it, I really wish I would've been able to understand death. It kinda pains me that I didn't. I remember watching the tribute. I have it today, and I think the saddest part, to me, is when Gonzo is reading a letter:
"While falling asleep that night, our five year old daughter Blair said, 'It's a good thing that there are people who can do Jim Henson's job. He'll be with us every time we watch the Muppets. He'll be able to see them from Heaven.'
The Reacer Family,
Las Vegas, Nevada."

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I remember it like it was yesterday. Horrible day.

I had come home from school and found my mother sitting on the couch crying her eyes out with CNN (or thereabouts) playing on the TV. I asked her what was wrong, she said, "Did you hear anything today about somebody dying?" I said, "No! Who? Papa or Granny?" She said no and I calmed down some, and I asked about a few other family members and she just kept bawling saying, "I can't say it! I can't be the one to tell you!"

Then it came on TV, and I just dropped to my knees. It was horrible. I just left my book bag there and walked out to my little work-shed (where I lived, actually) and played "Rainbow Connection," hugged up to my Kermit doll.

It was about the same way when I found out Charles Schulz had passed away, except with a Snoopy doll.