15 years - Where were you?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
:sleep: :stick_out_tongue:

Had to put Waldorf and Ernie in since only three smilies are allowed in a post.

Vibs

Reaction score
You know this thread also makes me feel rather young. And really newbie-ish, I just got to know the Muppets and the people behind a few months ago. Or well, I did know about the muppets but I didn't know... that much about them! And I still have much to learn. But I'm so glad that I joined this magical muppetparty!!

Sadly it has always been "Jim Henson was..." to me too. Oh, I wish he was still with us. But in someway he is I guess, the magic he created will keep going on through the shows, the movies, the forums, the fans world wide, the music, you name it.

I'm just so thankful that this world has had the honor of having Jim Henson with us. I can't point a finger on what it is exactly that makes the muppets so full of happiness, magic, love... But however you did it, I'd just like to say one thing:

Thank you - so much.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as many, I was too young to know who he was at the time. But through his work he has brought joy to so many, so although I concur with you in saying his death was tragic, as it was, I have to smile knowing that though his life was short, it was an amazing and special one. I for one will be celebrating his life and his works, and his genius.
R.I.P. Jim Henson.

It's kind of ironic. Right now in my art course, I am painting a ceiling tile of Jim and Kermit. It should be done by Tuesday, I don't think I'll have it quite done on Monday, the anniversary. But I had chosen to do Jim and Kermit because I love his creations, which have given me and so many others happiness for years, though some of us more years than others. It is my small tribute to him and his life, that he will be remembered as he should be (I just hope that I do Jim justice in my rendition of him).

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I was not alive when Mr. Henson passed, it was 5 months and 13 days before I was born.
Sure you were, theprawncracker!!! You were still alive in the womb! :smile:

For myself, I was 8 years old when Jim Henson died. I think I remember hearing about it on the news, but I don't know that I fully understood who he was at that point. I definitely miss him now though. (And Mr. Rogers! :concern: :sympathy: )

theprawncracker

Reaction score
GonzoLeaper said:
Sure you were, theprawncracker!!! You were still alive in the womb! :smile:
Hmmm, alive I was. Able to think I was not. Know about the passing of Jim Henson I did not either. And I don't think anyone in my family knew or cared either:cry:. It's true! I'm the only one in my family who likes the Muppets.:sympathy:

unclematt

Reaction score
I was 10 when Jim passed. On top of being upset because we lost a man so dear to me I more upset that it seemed no one was talking about it. Jim died on the same day as Sammy Davis Jr. and for some reason all I remember is people talking about that. Jim is an icon and will live on in my heat forever. I too will be wearing black come Monday. :cry:

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Sammy Davis Jr Died the same day

opp's i was beat to the punh RIP all great entertainers

ever rat pack memeber is dead but Jerry is still alive with black hair

Pino

Reaction score
15 years ago Iwas 15.. I remember getting upset, because I thought everything he ever did stopped.. no more muppets, no more sesame street.. nomore beautiful programs... Television would stop!
Gladly there where more people working there with the same ideas, though the spirit was gone-
I started collecting and searching the things I had (pvc´s and records) and find out I was alone... No other kids arround me knew Jim Henson and they didn´t like he muppets.
Well After 5 years I met people with the same intrests, but even now I havent seen another collector in my neigbourhood.... These are the people...

It was frustrated to tell people at my school what a shame it is a great man like Jim Henson died... I only heard back .... who is Jim Henson? :eek:

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
HPDJ said:
When I was five, I saw Xmas Carol for the 1st time. It said "In loving memory of Jim Henson". I WAS FLABBERGASTED! MY CHILDHOOD HERO! It was almost as uppsetting as when I found out Roald Dahl died.

I, like others, was not alive on the day that he died. I too feel empty when fans talk about his death, as I can not do that.

I'm really upset at reading these stories. Long live Kermit the Frog. :sympathy:

they both died b4 you were conceved even