Search results

  1. D

    Dealing with depression and anxiety

    How do you even figure it's Obama's fault? Then again, how do you figure he's somehow made everybody in the country sheltered? I don't see your logic. If anything, I think social media has played a bigger factor in it than anybody or anything else - I think fuzzygobo said it in another thread...
  2. D

    The Nostalgia Critic Thread Lives Again!

    I know that. Apparently, test audiences were only interested in the kangaroo, so the studio threw in some of those cut-away scenes with the kangaroo (going through the pockets of the jacket and such), then tried to market it as a kids movie about a talking kangaroo.
  3. D

    Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

    Kermit and Piggy have pretty much always been one of those "will they or won't they" couples, and I think those tend to be the best couples in fiction, because when you lack the commitment from one or both of the parties, then that's where the conflict lies, and conflict is what makes the...
  4. D

    You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

    Ever notice that people from the big city and urban areas act like suburbs and even small towns are "the country"?
  5. D

    The Nostalgia Critic Thread Lives Again!

    Evidently, the next NC is KANGAROO JACK, and . . . once again, I wish this was a movie he would have reviewed back when the show was good; even though I actually do like the movie, it was clearly one of the biggest examples of false advertising I can remember: a movie about a cool, talking...
  6. D

    Learn Something New Everyday Thread

    I recently learned the reason George got engaged in Season 7 of SEINFELD was because that was originally intended to be the final season: the series would have ended with George and Susan actually getting married, thus breaking up Jerry, Elaine, and Kramer, causing them to go separate ways as...
  7. D

    Most Iconic Big Bird Design?

    Really, the only version of Big Bird I ever truly "disliked" was the early 90s Big Bird as seen during the tail-end of the Jon Stone era, just before ATC: his head was too flat and had too much white around the eyes. I agree that my personal favorite Big Bird is the 80s version, but I also...
  8. D

    The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

    My current pair of headphones finally stopped working properly (they were showing signs of wearing out for a while now), but what really makes me frown is that Sentry doesn't even make this particular model of headphones anymore, and they're studio quality headphones. So now, I have two options...
  9. D

    Video: Sesame Street cast panel at the Sillicon Valley Comic Con

    I don't think it was "instead of," I think she participated in a workshop while already as being Maria. Kind of like how she also eventually became a writer on the show in addition to being Maria.
  10. D

    Video: Sesame Street cast panel at the Sillicon Valley Comic Con

    One thing I find interesting is in the theme song, you can clearly hear the voices of the Muppet Performers singing (definitely hear Frank in their), but the actual characters themselves in the inserts had their voices dubbed by the human castmembers. Then again, I think Sonia participated in...
  11. D

    Video: Sesame Street cast panel at the Sillicon Valley Comic Con

    Oh yeah. If anything else, his classmates were the rowdy ones, flying paper airplanes and tossing crumbled balls everywhere. Heck, when Hard Head Henry Harris and Smart Tina were beginning a fight, Roosevelt just excused himself out of the room.
  12. D

    Video: Sesame Street cast panel at the Sillicon Valley Comic Con

    It wasn't so much a controversy as it was the producers becoming concerned that he was portraying a negative stereotype of a rowdy class clown (because he was explicitly black), which . . . well, I don't know. Looking at the old Roosevelt Franklin Elementary School inserts, I really didn't pick...
  13. D

    Video: Sesame Street cast panel at the Sillicon Valley Comic Con

    See? I knew cons were something to stay away from.
  14. D

    Video: Sesame Street cast panel at the Sillicon Valley Comic Con

    Always the killjoy. :P But in seriousness, you mean because Big Bird won't be there, or because they're advertising free kids? Because it's clear Caroll wouldn't be able to do anything as Big Bird as far as appearances are concerned, and because giving away kids for free is rather disturbing.
  15. D

    The New Am I The Only One Thread

    I like both, but I think if there's something I have a preference for between the two, it's Don Bluth's animation in the original; Universal's animation for FIEVEL GOES WEST isn't bad, but it could be a tad unsettling at times - especially when characters would open their mouths unnaturally wide.
  16. D

    Unofficial Picture Thread!

    I don't know why, but I was honestly expecting that to be clickbait. :batty:
Top