Search results

  1. Luke

    Muppets Take Over Capital Radio

    Yeah, i've got a feeling this is a pre-record though. I used to work there many years ago and this kinda stuff was always done on tape a few weeks prior. I'm not sure if it's just UK'ers that got it but this i think was from that email mailing list that the Henson Company started a while...
  2. Luke

    Muppets Take Over Capital Radio

    Tune in to Capital Radio Takeover (95.8fm) to hear the mayhem when The Muppets (Kermit, Piggy, Animal, Bunsen & Beaker, The Swedish Chef, Pepe and Gonzo) take over the airwaves for one hour on Sunday 23rd June between 7pm and 8pm Capital Takeover reaches each 8 million listeners including...
  3. Luke

    What size do you want the Rizzo figure?

    Heres what i posted in the 'Ask Ken' thread :- Personally speaking i think you'd be off your rocker to make Rizzo the same kinda size to the other characters - i think he'd probably end up looking like some tall rat rather than the Rizzo we all know and love. I wouldn't say making him a tiny...
  4. Luke

    Ask Ken at Palisades

    Personally speaking i think you'd be off your rocker to make Rizzo the same kinda size to the other characters - i think he'd probably end up looking like some tall rat rather than the Rizzo we all know and love. I wouldn't say making him a tiny PVC non articulated 'pack in' character is the...
  5. Luke

    Doubts about the new show?

    It's not an all new cast, they are just using some new characters and continuing to rest some of the less sucessful Muppets Tonight ones.
  6. Luke

    Disgraceful E-Bay Auction

    nope - not me this time
  7. Luke

    Disgraceful E-Bay Auction

    Sorry Kane - i didnt mean that. I mean if you look in the bid history i posted a retraction there this morning. I guess someone has still bid though.
  8. Luke

    Ask Ken at Palisades

    kane31666 :- Yes i was referring to the Muppets in those paragraphs. I do think that the Muppet waves get obscurer and even more obscure as the line goes on. I think we probably need to see more recognisable characters along the way if these were to be the 'next big thing'. I'm not saying...
  9. Luke

    I broke Piggy

    I don't think it is a case of accepting all this as a fact of life. I guess figures will break in some cases but this much is getting a little beyond rare occurances, if you get this much on a small forum of 200'ish people then it must be more in the oustisde world. You pay your money for a...
  10. Luke

    Disgraceful E-Bay Auction

    I do believe there is something about it all in the bid history.
  11. Luke

    I broke Piggy

    <<I'm upset, my Muppets get here and have to leave again!>> That's how Disney felt in the early 90's !!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
  12. Luke

    Ask Ken at Palisades

    Michael I think you are totally wrong on many points. Of course these figures are meant to be popular with the general public - otherwise places like TRU, FAO Schwartz and other general toy retailers wouldn't have placed orders and they'd be left to the smaller comic stores and things...
  13. Luke

    Ask Ken at Palisades

    I think you hit the frog on the head there Jamie - there does need to be something done to keep these 'hot' amongst the public at large in the long run. The problem that i see is that as you say, some 'main' characters to us might not be 'main' characters to people who haven't watched the show...
  14. Luke

    I broke Piggy

    * Note To Anybody From Palisades :- Put Hands Over Eyes Now* Can't you just return it to EB and say it arrived broken or you just touched it and it fell off ? Speaking of which - why are we hearing a fair few reports of figures arriving broken, them being easily broken, and in the Muppet...
  15. Luke

    Ask Ken at Palisades

    Re: simpsons figures: Personally speaking, neither really made much more impact than the other but asking this on a Muppet forum is kinda lame anyway because there are more Muppet fans here. Obviously the Muppet sculpts are a fair bit more detailed and all the extra stuff is lovely but the...
  16. Luke

    Ask Ken at Palisades

    Re: muppet figure availability, simpsons collecting Somehow i doubt it. The reason most Simpsons figures aren't selling as well is that Playmates really are scraping the barrel now with regards to background characters - like Sherri and Terri, who on earth would buy those ? Palisades...
  17. Luke

    600,000 Visitors!

    and can we just confirm that the counter IS Y3k compliant ? Well done !
  18. Luke

    The Return of the Ebay Muppet figure price report!

    I have to say that i agree more or less with Max Goof - i love the figures but i'm under no illusions that once Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzy, Gonzo, Animal and the rest of the real main players (and by that i mean ones that are REALLY well known to the general public) are out the way, the...
  19. Luke

    Why Disney? Or Episode One: The Phantom Mouse

    Yeah i bet it will be similar to MTI too - it's a totally brand new MTI featurette on the disc isn't it ? So maybe they'll edit a brand new one for MCC too. The one thing i didn't get about the MTI disc is that Steve Whitmire didn't appear on the commentary as himself, though Rizzo is there...
  20. Luke

    Disgraceful E-Bay Auction

    It's quite easy to get a high feedback like that - there are 'methods' some shady people use that don't even involve them selling anything. I agree that this dude sounds a bit suspect (ok - a lot) - just saying that he had green AND yellow, and that yellow is the normal color makes him stinky.
Top