Search results

  1. D

    Saturday Morning memories thread

    Hey, once kids wise up and realize how formuliac, unappealing, and unwatchable Hannah Montanna and the like are, then we'll have a grand come back. But until then, we get 2 companies now bothering to make cartoons at all.
  2. D

    PROTECT your creations!

    Oh, they see that light. it's just cheaper and easier to cut everyone down and shift the blame.
  3. D

    This is how out of touch the company is...

    This is what bothers me. If something IS commercially available world wide, then it really SHOULD be taken down. But what do they take down instead? Inconsequential 30 second openings, closings, and the occassional "We don't even want to bother releasing it or even airing it" obscurities...
  4. D

    PROTECT your creations!

    Why don;t they demand the full clips be taken down then? I know numerous (Japanese) companies that freak out, and delete anything they can in one sitting. I feel saying that "it's stealing from us" is a crock. Yes, there's a little to it to that, but in all honesty. They don;t want to buy...
  5. D

    Fozzie was on the latest Simpsons episode

    It's far too small to tell. But if you can find David Crosby (who is standing to the left of Stampy the Elephant) you may see a green blot on his right arm. That's Kermit. On a bigger picture, it's easier to spot.
  6. D

    Breaking news! New Electric Company Series from PBS

    DC is clearly ssomething that's just thrown out. of course, they have their evergreen Superman and Batman. It would be interresting to see Spidey retunr, though (more interresting anyway). I think they could take it in a different direction though. Animated segments or something where...
  7. D

    Muppophobia?

    And scary looking. Actually, I'm not even slightly bothered by real Spiders anymore. But those ugly rubber abominations don't even LOOK like real spiders. They look like terrifying mutants. Those things scarred me for life. Especially hairy legs, like on the side of that aforementioned...
  8. D

    Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

    Hey, as long as the Muppets are the stars of the picture, and they don't have to play second (or in MCC's case Third) to a bunch of celebs (no matter how talented they are), I'm excited for it.
  9. D

    Weinstein rolls with Fraggle Rock movie

    Wally Cox nothing, the Underdog creator Joe Harris was barking mad and disappointed about how the film turned out. I even remember cartoon writer Paul Dini writing an angry manifesto about the film. Classic media just gave them the go ahead to buy the rights to making a picture. Well, the...
  10. D

    How did they do it?

    Oh yeah. Repeated episodes and skits... they must've been a Frogsend. I mean, sometimes I wondered if they repeated the same skits in the same episode due to the "Repetition equals learning" research, or just to give them a 30 second break to pad the episodes. I wonder how they...
  11. D

    Best song about Rubber Duckie?

    I honestly can't choose. All three are great songs. Do De Duck even has Kermit in it (and for years, it was the only way to get Kermit back on Sesame Street).
  12. D

    *Sigh* It's That Time of the Decade Again...

    Well, Tubbies had a cult following after the you know what comments. But that was after. It at least had a camp value to it. Doesn't mean the show sucked any less. But to have prebuzz in a college aged (we know what they do, and why their clothes smell like a rock concert :insatiable: )...
  13. D

    Retro Commercials--What's the Attraction?

    That one was from 2 years ago. Not that retro. I always loved the use of those "invisible" stage hands. Too bad they had to go the route and make them look a little too obvious, but all and all I really liked that one. Unfortunately I only got 2 of those. The Mario Ball and the Yoshi...
  14. D

    The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

    I checked it out, and as of yesterday, they STILL have some Chipmunks Song clips used in the show if you look hard enough. Whip It Puttin' On The Ritz The Magic Bus (the Who Song... not that book series) and of course BEat It (used in the context of the show. This isn't from the TV...
  15. D

    The (Animated) Adventures Of Ernie and Bert

    I'm gonna have to start making my quotes and avatars match. As for this: There's a joke I made recently, Nintendo owes tatsunoko Productions 2 checks. One for the use of (this is the name of me Avatar currently) Boyaki from the show Yattaman as Waruigi, and another for the use of Team...
  16. D

    Muppophobia?

    You know, that's clearly what happened with Frazzle in the 1990's, when they revived the character. Instead of being monstery, he was almost child like. Compair with Taz in Tazmania. His mother spoke perfect English, and he went to day care. Personally, I never found that character creepy...
  17. D

    What do you think of the newer Muppets?

    I'll say this. The ones that stuck around, Johnny, Bobo, Sal, Pepe, VanNueter... they stuck around for a good reason. Characters like Andy and Randy, Mr. Poodlepants, stuff like that... they aren't seen outside of MT at all, and that's because the characters simply didn't work. They didn't...
  18. D

    Nanny, the Unseen Matriarch

    Hmm, you know. I have a feeling they NEVER even designed her head at all. Look at this Production design Unlike Dr. Claw, who clearly did have a design in mind somewhere down the line. of course, they didn't show him until 1993 (the 10th anniversary Inspector gadget gift, I suppose)...
  19. D

    Fozzie was on the latest Simpsons episode

    Only if they had the one that was mentioned. Cels don;t exist anymore. it's all digital. Now if they released production design sketches, that's the next best thing. They wouldn't though. havHaving Kermit (and David Crosby) in the Simpsons cast poster was boarderline copyright trouble...
  20. D

    Sesame Street: A Celebration of Forty Years

    So, here's the question. Will these basically biography novels about the show, or will one be something more coffee table-esque, like SS Upaved was- with photos and small stories? Either way, I want to get them both.
Top