Search results

  1. D

    Truth commercial: Muppets & smoking

    I've said it before, I could care less if people hurt themselves if it's their choice. What bugs me is when people hurt themselves and others in the process. It's beyond selfish. I hate how smoke smells, I hate how it makes me nauseous when I'm waiting for the bus. And I just don't...
  2. D

    Gobo's "eh"...

    Here's why. Where was Fraggle Rock filmed? hense why he has an odd Canadian accent.
  3. D

    Weinstein rolls with Fraggle Rock movie

    Which is why I feel they're going to a great job with FR. This isn't a case of "Oh, let's just buy up some license and make a movie slightly related to it," Or "Let's make a generic kiddy flick and name it after some nostalgic cartoon so we can at least be attatched to a famous name so people...
  4. D

    Breaking news! New Electric Company Series from PBS

    Which brings to mind the question.... what would you rather have? A brilliantly done, entertaining reinvisioning of an old show, or a poorly made, by the numbers, been there done that retread, exactly how the show used to be? As I said, I'm looking to see if the show is good by itself, not...
  5. D

    What sketches scared you as a kid?

    Not so much creeping me out, but the music they used always annoyed me. I think I liked it when I was really little, but I grew to not like this segment at all.
  6. D

    Weinstein rolls with Fraggle Rock movie

    By screaming 5 and 6 year olds, I of course referred to the Underdog and Gadget movies. they don't care, as they've never seen them before. Why make a movie based on a nostalgic product if the 2 target groups won't be interrested? The Nostalgia angle can't be played for fans of the show if...
  7. D

    The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

    I dunno. His singing of I ain't no Dang Cartoon sounded pretty tough to me.
  8. D

    National ride you're bike to work day yesterday

    Riding a bike to work. Practical if you live within 3 miles, totally impractical if you have to use the Highway.
  9. D

    Saturday Morning memories thread

    It didn't matter what time slot they put it in. No one wanted to watch it at all. You get enough of that crap on adult programming. But it's not reality, now is it? Personally, even I'd take a crappy premise like that to a reality show anyday. Even one that completely stole the plot from...
  10. D

    Fraggle Rock Animated

    Ahem... WRONG. Townsend Coleman WAS Mike. Leo was played by Cam Clarke. Trust me on this. I have TMNT curtains in my room.
  11. D

    2008 Hallmark ornament

    They haven't had the same quality, sure. But at the very least, they weren't all the same Kermit/Piggy stuff. Not all of them, anyway. At least we got Animal. But :sleep: and :boo: ... That's great they're getting out of the same Kermpig rut. Any pics?
  12. D

    Weinstein rolls with Fraggle Rock movie

    A film losing one writer is trouble. A flim losing 2 writers is doomed to never happen. I don't expect the writer to write it exactly like Hoodwinked. But then again, I was turned off by the film, and didn't want to see it, since it fell into the "Let's make fun of Fairy tales since Shrek was...
  13. D

    Retro Commercials--What's the Attraction?

    Problem is, McD's has been hip before, and actually made decent stuff. We don't need some kid looking more like a doofus than a hipster pretending to breakdance somehow, all by eating McNuggets. he's not using a turn table. Clearly a commercial made by a 50 year old white guy (Inside...
  14. D

    Saturday Morning memories thread

    Not gonna work, since there really aren't any good mainstream comics anymore (Unless someone gives a certain Kevin a call). Plus, the last time shows were based off comics, they were for an adult audience. Baby Blues, Boondocks... The comics seem to be made more for adults riding to work...
  15. D

    The Official "Office" Thread!

    Hmmm.... here's something I just thought. Considering that Ryan commanded the office workers to transfer that data (which is what caused the fraud) wouldn't he be likely to sell the rest of everyone out, covering his butt? Next season.
  16. D

    The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

    I already posted that one a bit back. I didn't Lable it, though.
  17. D

    Breaking news! New Electric Company Series from PBS

    I doubt that Morgan Freeman would return to the thing that really launched his stardom. At least, unless SW offers him a lot of money. Rita Moreno was (according to one report) offered a cameo to say "HEEEEEEY YOOOOOUUUU GUUUUYYYYYYSSS!" I wouldn't mind seeing the peron who played Arthur...
  18. D

    This is how out of touch the company is...

    But then again, did Henson pull the clip, or did the user get banned for using a clip from another company that has a higher protection rate? I remember Nanto (or someone else) got banned at one point, not for the Sesame Clips, but for uploading something else, and that company (as obscure as...
  19. D

    Nanny, the Unseen Matriarch

    Indeed they did. Eitherwise they'd change Nanny's name to Ichabod or something. Baby Kermit: Gosh, Nanny... if you don't have a head, how do you eat? Nanny: Gald you asked. I just cram it cown the esophagus pipe in my neck. Gruesome.
  20. D

    What do you think of the newer Muppets?

    They stuck around only for UK segments of MT. After that, they were gone. Gone, and never looked back upon. It's a real shame they were never brought back, even for a cameo in any of the films. But then again, maybe the puppets fell into disrepair, and it was too expensive to reconstruct...
Top