Search results

  1. D

    Saturday Morning memories thread

    If you like Pokemon, I urge you NEVER to check out something called Time Bokan, since Nintendo CLEARLY lifted multiple plot points from them. They just replaced the time travelling robots with monster fighting. They even stole the evil trio. Don't get me wrong... I used to like Team...
  2. D

    Season 39 Sneak Peaks

    Wowsers! have I bet on the wrong horse. All this time I thought they'd be doing some sort of environmental focus. 30 Rocks- how much of this would be a parody of Tina Fey's humongous ego :insatiable: " Pre-School Musical- Take that Disney and Tweenagers! Seriously! Too bad that...
  3. D

    The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

    And there is NOTHING wrong with that. Part of their appeal is to sing modern hits with their brand of Chipmunk twist. Still find it funny some people went nuts that they did Funky Town, and that was from the 70's. They could have sang it much earlier. Just no, "Shake your Laffy Taffy" or...
  4. D

    Muppet Kubrick Collection

    Ghostbusters? Wow. how did they get around the human likeness thing that prevented NECA from making actual GB action figures?
  5. D

    The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

    Funny you bring up the Warners. They're supposedly 65, but are ageless. I always thought their age bracket was under 10 (Wakko even refers to himself as 7 years old in the song Hello Nurse). Of course, they have a Baby Herman like appitite for members of the opposite sex (Dot acts the same as...
  6. D

    The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

    As Boogerman would say, Snot a problem. You CAN have suggestive female curves on an anthropomorphic character that doesn't wear clothes... Look at this (official) picture of Princess Sally from Sonic. There are some others, and I'm embarassed as a cartoon fan to not be able to name more...
  7. D

    The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

    You know... maybe the Chipmunks cartoons on YT wouldn't be endangered if people STOPPED putting up movies and episodes that are available on DVD. Anyway, who wants to bet talk of a sequal happened as soon as they saw how successful it was opening weekend?
  8. D

    Retro Commercials--What's the Attraction?

    They also think that they're the Office, Napoleon Dynamite, or various internet videos. Everything has to be so in your face. But not in an edgy way, so it comes out totally artificial. Even kids commercials do this now. Anyway: Promo for Toxic Crusaders GI Joe cereal random commercials...
  9. D

    Traditional Animation: The Return

    I think MOST of the Pooh projects were great. book of Pooh I never saw, and My friends, Tigger and Pooh sounds terrible (and following the Dora model of children's edutainment- which is neither educational nor entertaining). But it's the projects tyhat I respect. The products, on the other...
  10. D

    "Save Roger Rabbit" petition--April 2003 update

    Not so much fighting as coming to terms with it. Of course, the first film did deal with this sort of subject matter on a more subtle level.
  11. D

    "Save Roger Rabbit" petition--April 2003 update

    And we all know why Speilberg dropped that idea. Considering he made a movie about similar subject matter that was anything but light hearted. (and I ain't talking Indiana Jones). I always felt a sequal to Roger Rabbit would have to deal with him in the mid-50's or 60's, when the studios...
  12. D

    The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

    We ALWAYS get sequals to remakes. Technically this wasn't so much a remake as a relaunch... or basically cashing off of nostalgia. But pages and pages in this thread backward, there was loose talk about sequals and Chipettes. We just seemed to get confirmation of what was floating around...
  13. D

    Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

    I still think it would be better if she were a cameo, and the villain went to a character actor or something. I still say Ricky Gervaise (SP?) from the British Office would make a great, dispicable villain. He's capable of nasty fake sincerity... and what better villain to have put the...
  14. D

    The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

    Considering it was a surprise monster hit, there's no doubt. There was buzz about a sequal about a month after the film premired. As long as we have some better concepts, it could be a good film. Not a great one. But something nice to blow a rainy day at the movies. And better a...
  15. D

    Johnny Fiama & Sal The Monkey Appreciation Thread

    Which, ironically, is what very nearly happened. I don't wanna go into it, but they just didn't perfect the sculpt until it was too late. Really wish he was in series 9 instead of a second Chef repaint. Anyway, I really love these guys. Right up there with Pepe and Bobo, these guys were...
  16. D

    Very Brief Cameos: Your Picks for the New Muppet Movie

    You wouldn't mean Amy Pohler, would you? Sorry, but I can't stomache Tina Fey's huge ego permiating another film. She was okay in Sesame Street and all, but I really wouldn't want to see her in a Muppet movie. Maybe as a guest in a muppet TV project. Maybe. Hey! Samuel's my man...
  17. D

    "Save Roger Rabbit" petition--April 2003 update

    I'd doubt that Spongebob and Dora would be there any more than Optimus Prime and Inspector Gadget where in the 1980's film. Anyway: The "Trail mix up" short was pared up with "A far off Place"- I remember it well, since it was the movie marquee in a certain episode of Seinfeld, where...
  18. D

    Are these the new Fraggle puppets for the movie?

    Other than the fact this guy's as funny as a stomache virus, the Fraggle Film was in preprepreproduction before Jason Segel even went to JHC to find out Disney owns them... let alone working on the film.
  19. D

    Traditional Animation: The Return

    So, basically besides buying up Pixar, what has the new guy done that's so great? Mickey, Goofy and Donald are basically just made for a lousy kids show, and everything else is exploiting the heck out of tweencoms. At the risk of sounding cynic, how's that any different?
  20. D

    The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

    Simple. Studio heads to get their heads out of their butts and make their own digital libraries on the internet. Unfortunately due to all the cross copyright problems, it's not gonna happen. Same cross copyrights keep things off DVD.
Top