Search results

  1. D

    Retro Commercials--What's the Attraction?

    Wouldn't be the first time Check this out... of course, in this one he condones spinache eating, and even scolds the audience for not eating enough. And some more Popeye ads... Japanese Famicom commercial featuring Popeye game 1990's Brazilian Soup add Popeye Soaky Popeye and...
  2. D

    The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

    I heard about that too. The only Courage cartoons were on a compilation of Halloween related (sometimes very distantly related) cartoons. Think there could have been a Christmas one too.
  3. D

    The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

    Cartoon Network started the same thing, and ended it for the same reasons. They had the first season of Powerpuff Girls released in a cheap 2 disk set. I was hoping it would open the doors for Dexter, Johnny Bravo, and the rest. But unfortunately it didn't. But back to the subject, it...
  4. D

    So has Global Warming Resumed?

    That's the problem. We're in a Boy crying Wolf situation. the more they say it, the more we ignore it. And when you have so many threats, what are we going to do when we get a credible one? Anyway, I hate when the environment becomes a political issue. It speaks volumes what's wrong with...
  5. D

    Saturday Morning memories thread

    Yeha. That was a big mistake. They want to make themselves known as a women's network, and as such, are slashing anything that isn't a reality Tv show or some crap that appeals to 20 year old shallow women (Gossip Girls, 90210). They got rid of the High rated Smackdown, and the money making...
  6. D

    The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

    Because they didn't have enough popular series released to garner enough buyers. personally, I wanna know what the freaking hold up with Rocko and Doug, and basically any Classic Nicktoon besides Ren and Stimpy.
  7. D

    The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

    That's interresting, since they do own Ruby Spears's catelloge of programs. if Plastic Man and Pac Man were to get DVD releases, they would have been through WB. Plus, they were the ones initially considering season sets. Of course, 2 companies can have the rights to a show if 1 releases...
  8. D

    The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

    Only if by Season stes, you mean the seasons that WB DOESN'T own, probably. I wish we'd just get a season set of Go to the Movies at least.
  9. D

    Wall-E: The thread

    I agree. I loved Cars, but it seemed a bit too pop for Pixar (yet not pop enough for a Dreamworks film). And there are some thing I just didn't like... the use of pre-existing music for one. Personally, I always took the film to be semi anti-Mass consumerist. The whole point of the film for...
  10. D

    The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Alvin-Chipmunks-The-ALVINNN-Edition/9904
  11. D

    Saturday Morning memories thread

    Still a lot better than my used to be UPN. They run crap like 1990's nature shows, "B in tune" and a bunch of others done on the cheap. Dagnabbit. Even the old DIC cartoons sound good. Of course, the channel that My Tv became a few years ago (which I didn't get) had Super Mario Super Show...
  12. D

    Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

    Did Fox say that the evil liberal muppets are trying to brainwash our kids into wanting affordable healthcare? Seems like something they'd say.
  13. D

    Weinstein rolls with Fraggle Rock movie

    So in a sense we ARE getting humans to play them, as they ARE the puppeteers. After the Thunderbirds debacle, I don't think we'll see any more humanifications of puppets in movies (maybe sketch shows) for some time. Anyway, I agree that the Fraggles could be successful. That is according...
  14. D

    The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

    Reminds me of the Garfield episode where the Arbuckle house gets filled with Yogurt (and it isn't soft and frozen), and Garfield and Jon have different stories too. Anyway, I still think they should have had the record producer be called Uncle Harry, after the shister in the cartoon version.
  15. D

    Comic pioneer George Carlin dies at 71

    And I couldn't be more depressed. He was one of my favorite comedians of all time.
  16. D

    Happy Birthday to Garfield!

    The books were the adaptions of the specials. They were made almost simultaneously. I never wanted to see the movies for that reason. Why is Garfield the only CGI animal in the film? Odie can't be a regular dog anymore than Brain (of Inspector Gadget) or Underdog. A real dog wouldn't do...
  17. D

    Cookie Monster on "The Colbert Report"

    The fact Cookie even made a Morton Downy Jr. Reference speaks volumes about the Muppet characters in a prime time/ adult situation. They can be clever and funny, and adult without being offensive. God, I miss Hollywood Squares. That's where you REALLY saw that stuff take off.
  18. D

    Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

    That was a different time too. Movies were cheaper. Among other things, the Pony and Care Bear generation was a little bit older than the Elmo fan generation. See, Elmo's fans are about 3-4 maybe. You just can't bring kids to the theater that young and expect them to sit still. Pony and...
  19. D

    Saturday Morning memories thread

    Time Bokan (and the Time Bokan series) is pretty much from the mid 70's. Plus, I'm also kinda half kidding. When it comes to anime, I like the classics, myself. Stuff from the 80's especially. Unfortunately, we only get the newest of the new stuff. Look how unsuccessful Saint Seiyia was...
  20. D

    Lots of MUP3's, Wanna Trade?

    So anyone have "Rubber Band Man" from the Linda Carter episode of TMS?
Top