Search results

  1. D

    Uncle Croc's Block theme song

    Seems like the live action bits were much better than the animated stuff. Too bad it didn't last long.
  2. D

    Angelina Jolie In Talks to Star in New Muppet Film

    Hey. nothing wrong with blending the muppets WITh CGI, as long as old and new technology can co-exist. I for one think the muppets should STAY felt and foam, but if a little CGI was added as effects, I'm all for it. I really wish they'd reintroduce Waldo from the Jim Henson Hour here, though...
  3. D

    Any Scooby-Doo fans here on the forum?

    But then again, I didn't like a lot of the spinoffs of HB characters back in the day. Or, I just didn't like the ideas (I haven't seen them all). I finally saw Yogi's Space Race (one episode), and I felt it was just a retread of Wacky Races with unfunny characters shoved in it (I liked...
  4. D

    Abby in Wonderland poofs onto DVD September 30

    I'd say that Big Bird wouldn't really fit into this special... but then again, neither did most of the choices. Oscar makes sense, but the others wwere creative casting. Not, of course, that it's a bad thing.
  5. D

    Muppet Parade Balloons - Pepe?

    The only real problem I've had with the Star Wars figures. They are clearly based on drawings, and not puppet like at all. Seems quite a bit of Muppet Merchandise throught the history of Muppet Merchandise was drawing related (Palisades being the most famous exception, working very closely...
  6. D

    Any Scooby-Doo fans here on the forum?

    Get a Clue, I liked for the simple fact it was one of the different Scooby cartoons. Scooby is known for MUCH more than Ghost Chasing. Laff-a-lympics for example. These little breaks help keep the ghost chasing bits from being monotonous, and all the while showing the characters outside of...
  7. D

    Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

    Heck, I don't wanna see those types on Sesame Street, let alone a muppet film. I really hope Disney leaves them alone, and lets them do their own thing with the film... we wouldn't want a repeat of MFS in any aspect (though I felt Jeff Tambor was great in it). Dispite the fact I never liked...
  8. D

    Angelina Jolie In Talks to Star in New Muppet Film

    Sigh. Sadly the general public would rather see Will Ferrel in the same dang movie with the same dang too tight pants a million more times before they see something clever like this. Though I would LOVE to see the two writers of this script write that kind of film. After all, oddball off the...
  9. D

    Maybe they prefer Bumble Bee...

    Looks like yet another "lookit how cool I am. I'm an idiotic thug! Now I'll get respect" type deal. I heard a similar bunch of pranks happened to a Popeye statue and a Lucy (of Peanuts) Statue in other areas.
  10. D

    Angelina Jolie In Talks to Star in New Muppet Film

    Hmmmm That's an odd way to put it, considering Aladdin came out during the first Gulf War. There was this great report about it in "A Reader in Animation Studies." One of the subjects they talked about was how they wanted the film to get out of the warzone look of the Middle East and go back...
  11. D

    Angelina Jolie In Talks to Star in New Muppet Film

    Disney's problem there (might as well cover this one up) is that the only African tale they had starred talking animals (not quite anthropomorphic, but with human characteristics). the Fairy Tale movies were mostly European tales, and at the time, there weren't any Africans in Europe. So that...
  12. D

    Joel Schick Sesame art online

    I have to say, I wonder if the Last Supper one was ever published. Seems like something that people would object to.
  13. D

    Cameo spots you loved, yay! (and hated, booo!)

    You're referring to Joan Rivers and Gregory Hines respectively. yeah, Joan was fantastic there, and you can tell sshe was having a load of fun. Uh, you realize that's Scrooge's girlfriend and former fiance? that was a very important plot point in the story. Not a fan of that scene, but...
  14. D

    Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

    I like Angy here, but I DRAW THE LINE (this line to be precise __________________________________ ) at Brad Pitt. Never cared for him at all. Clooney? meh... maybe. Aye! That's the logic I'm hoping is here. A Muppet films shouldn't star anyone BUT the muppets. That's the problem I had...
  15. D

    Any Scooby-Doo fans here on the forum?

    I have to say... What's new Scooby Doo really got into more technical ways of posing as Ghosts. My favorite was the time they went to Japan, and Shaggy and Scooby thought they somehow becamse monsters. I forget exactly how it turned out, but it was a lot more complicated than the usual cheap...
  16. D

    Muppet Parade Balloons - Pepe?

    That ios a good point, though. It really shoudln't be that hard to capture her, but often times, you'll see something overexaggerated. And this is usually in the type of product that uses seams and sewing. Plush toys, and something like this. There's a lot of subtlety that works better in...
  17. D

    Your Favorite Reality Shows/Game Shows

    A sad correctioon to this, a recent report said that women really like the stuff. Unfortunately, they're the ones keeping it alive. Occassionally, I'll tune into last Comic Standing... but they always pick the lamest ones. I really liked the hairy guy 2 seasons back. But that was the last...
  18. D

    Fraggle Rock Animated

    Well, it depends on what the special features are. I mean, I have an Incredibles DVD, and I have yet to watch the actual movie without commentary. They crammed so much stuff into the second disk, It's usually the one I put in the player. Plus, i just LOVE to see cast interviews. Still...
  19. D

    Muppet Parade Balloons - Pepe?

    Uh... maybe cuz somehow it's almost impossible to make a good Piggy likeness? :mad: - The Licensees just don't do Moi any justice.
  20. D

    Cameo spots you loved, yay! (and hated, booo!)

    It's British Humor. It's sort of like awkward humor, and clearly where The Office has its roots. Personally, I have to discount any other muppets from any other cameos. That would be too much of a cheat to add them. Anyway, for Favorites- TMM- Steve Martin, Richard Prior, Madeline Kahn...
Top