Search results

  1. D

    Any idea when Prairie Dawn became a major character?

    You bring up Betty Lou... which gets me to say this.... How come you see a lot more Betty Lou merchandise than Prairie Dawn? Prarie, I'd say is a B character... not as Major as Big Bird, Ernie, Cookie or anyone like that... but certainly more major than, say Don Music or Sherlock Hemlock...
  2. D

    Season 40 Press Kit!

    And Seweral Hundred Thousand Dollars per episode and endorsement! AH ah ah ah ah! :batty:
  3. D

    D23 Expo: Muppet news and happenings

    Funny you should mention Star Wars... You see, the Muppets and bad projects of late and all that blah blah blah... Jim wasn't behind the latest batch. That's a given. But George Lucas WAS behind Jar Jar Binks, the Chinese stereotype guys, the 90 minute NasPod movie... action figures of every...
  4. D

    Glee - anyone watch it?

    You know... I take it back, actually. The villains in that show are very cartoony (not an insult coming from me)... in fact, if you made the villain on this show all men, they'd have long capes and opera coats, twiddle their pencil thin mustaches and chortle "NYeah Eh EH!" Which I like. I...
  5. D

    What are the lamest, Dullest, and Worst Non-Muppet segments?

    Ah, the William Wegman segments? To fully appreciate those, I guess you have to be a fan of his work. I saw a bunch of his old experimental videos years and years ago... and lemme tell you... they really give you an appreciation of what he's doing there... that, and you'll know that he's...
  6. D

    Muppet Peter Pan

    I was the only person to buy it and read it yesterday? Here goes... Now, off the top of the bat, (premptive strike and all that) someone's gonna say that the father should be played by Gonzo or another one of Dave Golez's characters... to keep up the tradtion of the father and Hook being...
  7. D

    Where is Steve Whitmire Petition

    And Now this is an interesting, if confusing and contradictory development. Now, I actually could see contract negotiations being the hold up... this IS showbiz after all. Kinda disheartening that Disney wouldn't give what Steve asked for... and they clearly had to (or would have to)...
  8. D

    Sesame Street Adult-Sized Costumes

    Bump There's a fifth costume they didn't lsit and I saw it at a Halloween store last night. I wish I had something to take a picture with... But they also have The Count. It's, unfortunately, another hood thing... the head looks to be made of the same stuff Ernie and Bert's heads are made of.
  9. D

    American Greetings 2009 Ornaments

    I checked out the one remaining Carlton Cards location left in the state to see their 2009 Christmas Ornament line up... surprise surprise.... Elmo again. Elmo walking in a Winter Wonderland or whatever to be specific... but ANOTHER Elmo. HOWEVER, there are 2 ornaments. The second one is...
  10. D

    Swedish Chef Ornament is Out

    WOW! So... when we thought they were just stealing from Palisades back then, they really DID have approval to use them? Wow. I had a hunch they did, but I didn't think it was really the case.
  11. D

    Where is Steve Whitmire Petition

    You know... I'm gonna have to give Star the benefit of the doubt here, and say I don't think trouble was meant to be caused. DW and SSLfan have both summed it up. I think the problem is that Star heard second hand rumor, and posted it here thinking it was news. I don't think Star meant to...
  12. D

    Glee - anyone watch it?

    While I hate HSM too (for obvious reasons I stated before), there is just too much realism of said high school that makes me wanna stay away from it. Sure, I guess I'd like it if I got the chance or something... but the whole aspect of the realism of high school... I mean, even the TEACHERS...
  13. D

    Season 40 Press Kit!

    You know... now I'm thinking quite the opposite. Why not have these celeb musicians come in and do their own songs completely originally... no parody lyrics. Paul Simon and James Taylor are examples.... My sister made me watch this a few times... and I like it. This one is TOTALLY gonna...
  14. D

    When you were little...

    I can't speak for when I was really really little, since I don't quite have that memory... but to me, I always knew they were puppets. I didn't care that they were, and they were still real to me, but I knew they were from the mind of Jim Henson and his wacky crew of brilliant entertainers...
  15. D

    Swedish Chef Ornament is Out

    Well... I'm getting the impression they had to use it mainly because it was the only real reference that has a floor. I don't recall any Chef skits where the floor is clearly shown... I'm guessing someone had (or at least had seen) the playset and thought that it was accurate to the show and...
  16. D

    Where is Steve Whitmire Petition

    Plus, Did Sesame Street ever really fire a puppeteer? Other than that one time, when that performer went behind someone's back and snuck looks at a show treatment, like whoever said that... I know that they had to lay off a lot of their work force (and there's an instance of a massive pay...
Top