Search results

  1. D

    Where is Steve Whitmire Petition

    Lemme just say this... if the FR movie never gets made, even as a (shudder) DTV and Cheapest does, we can all safely say that the Muppets are in good hands.
  2. D

    New Zoe puppet, False?

    This reminds me of that Simpsons action figure line up... when they decided to change the scale of the kids to be more "accurate" randomly with Database. Everyone complained, and thousands of unsold Databases still gather dust to this day. That said, it's still a prettier sight than Miss...
  3. D

    Where is Steve Whitmire Petition

    Really... that would be the BIGGEST "Screw You" in Muppet history. Even bigger than Muppet Oz, even bigger than all the unfinished projects all together. And if the film doesn't happen, I'll never be able to trust the Jim Henson Company again. And if it wasn't all that insipid back and...
  4. D

    The Dark Crystal Series for the Cartoon Network

    Here's the problem... There was no official announcement from Henson, and there isn't any information saying that it was the 2005 presentation that never got off the ground or not. Seems like they got to the pilot development stage, when the 2005 one probably didn't. If this is real, i...
  5. D

    Muppet Babies 3 Disc Box Set 1984

    Probably because it's no longer "in Print" probably means that that guy got caught.
  6. D

    The Muppets DON'T Appear at the Emmys

    I was thinking about this yesterday, and I came to this thought.. What if the Emmy Council passed on the idea because the Muppets (the Sesame Street ones) were all over the Daytime Emmys?
  7. D

    Zemekis/Disney To Remake "Yellow Submarine?"

    I fail to see why revival theater is dead. Really. I remember when Disney re-released all of the old movies to theaters when I was younger... like Bambi, 101 Dalmatians, and all that. I know they've done it with more recent films, like NBX and both Toy Stories for the 3-D market... I'd love...
  8. D

    D23 Expo: Muppet news and happenings

    The Grinch thing I really like and all... but the Crock Hunter thing, even before his death, screamed "DATED!" at the top of its lungs while waving its arms and jumping up and down.
  9. D

    Where is Steve Whitmire Petition

    That's what i was thinking at first. I was also thinking he laid down some voice work for the scratch track... so far the movie is so close to production that you'd think they'd finish the film BEFORE it got officially greenlit. It's annoying all this back and forth and looking for...
  10. D

    What would happen if Sesame Workshop retired Elmo?

    63. There have only been 63. Plus 3 specials/DTV projects.
  11. D

    What would happen if Sesame Workshop retired Elmo?

    Well... Dorothy is a Goldfish... I'm sure they had to go through 2 an episode. Those things have NO measurable life expectancy. :shifty:
  12. D

    Where is Steve Whitmire Petition

    Exactly what I'm thinking. there are only 2 things that could happen when we get the news... we'll either all feel silly because it's something small, or we'll be shaken to the core by it. Ultimately, it's the waiting that's the problem. And the only thing that turns it from worry/troublesome...
  13. D

    Any idea when Prairie Dawn became a major character?

    Well, Fran DID come up with the idea after seeing an actress whos name really was Prairie... so, my feeling is that if the character appeared before that album appearance, Fran could have easily suggested that name for her. Or at least called the character "Prairie" with out actually officially...
  14. D

    Season 40 Press Kit!

    Now that you mention it, I did hear a few subtle differences in the arrangement. Technically it's a new theme, but definitely similar to the last 2 seasons in its overall sound. Basically, they're still using the same urban hip hop type deal here, albeit a different arrangement. But I LOVED...
  15. D

    Sesame Street Adult-Sized Costumes

    UGH! That one looks like no effort was done at all. The others, despite the hoods, actually look Cool (Oscar and the Count especially)... but that one looks, as Mr. Stubborn would put it, CHEAP! :smirk:
  16. D

    Season 40 Press Kit!

    Okay... I checked out some of the clips... Mad Men was great, even though I have no clue what the heck the show is about, outside of the basic premise of advertising execs. Somehow, that's EXACTLY how I'd picture a Muppet Inspector Gadget to look like. The "new" theme song (someone's...
  17. D

    Any idea when Prairie Dawn became a major character?

    Another case of Betty Lou favoritism. The funny thing is that Betty Lou was always a character, but mostly a background person... She never really had anything (Prairie had her plays), and she just didn't have a memorable personality. Whereas Prairie was the oh so pretentious little kid...
  18. D

    What would happen if Sesame Workshop retired Elmo?

    I swear that one of the 2 episodes that didn't have Elmo's World in it didn't feature Elmo at all, thus the problem. And I think that was the only time. Now, if we're talking an episode without Elmo minus the obvious EW segments, I'm sure there are a few. I just can't bring any to mind.
  19. D

    Muppet Peter Pan

    Yeah... I liked that too. When it comes to comics, I always think of how worn the colors of really old ones (ones as late as the 80's) possess.... On some of the real old ones, certain inks almost bleed through the page, making the artwork look illegible. We really have come a ways sine...
  20. D

    Season 40 Press Kit!

    As background characters, maybe. I don't see them ever bringing Roosevelt Franklin back long term... Frazzle, maybe... but I can see him similar to his 1990's self... a giant child monster thing.
Top