Search results

  1. D

    Bert and Ernie Gay Rumor: Settled

    (laughs that "Gay personals" just popped up as an ad banner underneath) But really... this is where everything falls apart. The fact that ageless characters really DO have ages. To me, the only Muppets I've ever seen as children are Elmo, Zoe, Big Bird, Snuffy (only because of the...
  2. D

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    I'm sorry... but is THIS what they're planning to do with classic clips? "Lookee! One classic segment! That'll make you fans happy. Now go out and buy some season set of a current TV show that didn't even finish it's season yet!" If this is the case, I hope this license crashes and burns...
  3. D

    Packaged Palisades Sesame Figures on eBay

    The thing that was frustrating for both parties was that they WERE so close. We could Monday Morning quarterback the whole thing, but the company had too many licenses going at once. That's what I heard. And the fact that the Freakables were years ahead of their time. The whole Blind Box...
  4. D

    Bert and Ernie Gay Rumor: Settled

    I never count Snagglepuss as anything as a Bert Lahr knockoff. It all depends on if Lahr was, or just wildly effeminate. Of course, other countries don't have the same hang ups they have here... I'm sure everyone's well aware of the problems they had with the "Cousins" on Sailor Moon. But...
  5. D

    Sesame Street Oatmeal FAIL

    When I see Murray merchandise in any shape or form, I'll believe that. I highly doubt we'd even see a small figurine or plush in the future, unless they plan on making characters beyond the Elmo/Ernie/Abby routine. Heck, Telly didn't have anything but a couple obscure 90's PVC's and a Car and...
  6. D

    Oh mercy me, I can't help myself any longer...

    Could someone pick up that hint? It's been dropped there since forever! :D
  7. D

    Official Doozer Replicas available now?

    I don't see why they don't at the very very least get Schliech (or however the heck you spell it) to remold and re-release their Fraggle Figures or something. You don't even need to sculpt prototypes, since they've already been made years ago. If they can keep the American sales of the...
  8. D

    Bert and Ernie Gay Rumor: Settled

    I'm sorry... but who actually made that assumption? That show was made in an era that if you hinted that a happily married couple lived together, you'd be thrown in front of HUAC for corrupting young minds with thoughts of monogamy. You could easily make the same ill informed decision from all...
  9. D

    What TV series seasons do you have on DVD?

    Super Mario Super Show Hong Kong Phooey Dragon Ball The Muppet Show Sesame Street (do the Old School things count) Mighty Mouse the New Adventures Sam and Max: Freelance Police Garfield and Friends George of the Jungle Rocky and Bullwinkle Darkwing Duck Aqua Teen Hunger Force Space...
  10. D

    Super Mario Bros. Games/Shows/Toys

    Until it came to stuff like Pokemon and Kirby (come on... guess which one I actually like) Nintendo pretty much didn't care about cartoon versions of their characters as anything else but "merchandising" and they have absolutely no respect for any of the DIC Nintendo cartoons (In some cases, you...
  11. D

    Sesame Street Oatmeal FAIL

    Well... overlooking Bert (they could have clearly put Ernie in the background too, since he's apparently the more popular of the duo) is pretty short sighted... Baby Bear (considering that Porridge can mean oatmeal, among other kinds of hot grain meals) has never really been a big player in...
  12. D

    Salty and Pierre

    Oh yeah. I'm sure we'd all rather see these 2 creative looking wacky guys than Hello Cookie and the same boring 1960's surfer music about the letter of the day. That gets less and less cute and more and more annoying every time I watch it. And those freaking murals... and Karen Aqua...
  13. D

    Oh mercy me, I can't help myself any longer...

    I gotta Know! Why doesn't Mr. Poodlepants have his own car and own specific race track in Muppet Racemania, and why didn't they make 20 different versions to accommodate every single character ever?
  14. D

    Bert and Ernie Gay Rumor: Settled

    I always said that if you're looking down the barrel of a gun... you will DO ANYTHING for that not to be the last thing you see.
  15. D

    Coco Fans Unite!

    I say... anyone else enjoying David Letterman's schadenfreude over the whole affair against Jay? I forget when, but he had a commercial for the "new" Tonight Show with Jay Leno that just put everything perfectly in perspective.
  16. D

    Oh mercy me, I can't help myself any longer...

    Why isn't the third monster on the left in "Beginning Middle and End" used anymore? And for that matter, has the Count ever gone to a baseball game specifically in season 23 of Sesame Street and counted Smurfs? If someone doesn't tell me soon, I'm gonna flood the internet message board with...
  17. D

    Muppet Peter Pan

    SO, am I the only one who got the last issue? I really did want Robin Hood to go on a bit longer, mainly because the comic was so chock full of expo that there was more lines of dialogue than in one of those manga about card game or monster fighting where they explain every move for 3...
  18. D

    Sesame Street costume fail

    ... wants to make joke about Elmo being a publicity and fame ho, but remembers its a family forum. WAIT! Now I know what's wrong with them... I couldn't put my finger on it till now.. These were designed by CRUELLA DEVILLE! Took me forever to realize that.
  19. D

    Coco Fans Unite!

    You know... I have to admit, I like Jay when he's on Fairly Oddparents. And he was kinda enjoayble in Igor. I think that's the problem right there... he's a fun voice actor, just a lousy TV host. But really... I foresee the Late Show being nothing but a solid hour of Tiger Woods jokes...
  20. D

    Will there be a CD collection for Sesame's 40th anniversary?

    Never say Never.... It wasn't canceled at ALL! It was just delayed for a long period of time. Tough Pigs has the lowdown and the cover art, which goes perfectly with the OS DVD sets.
Top