Search results

  1. M

    Lefty the Salesman

    do you know what year the last lefty segment was produced in? what it was? were there any new lefty segments made in the 1980s?
  2. M

    Carroll's characters beyond Big Bird and Oscar

    I read an article about the BAM event where, after a screning of follow that bird, Caroll Spinney took questions from fans, and when asked about elmo, he said that the elmo puppet first appeared in either the second or third season, and was called baby monster. he also said that he performed...
  3. M

    Appearances by Trumpet Girl

    can anybody list the appearances on the muppet show by Trumpet Girl, the female trumpet player from the orchestra? yes, I knowthat most people here refer to her as trumpet lady, but in one of the "ask Henson" sections of "henson.com" said that she was called trumpet girl in the scripts, so...
  4. M

    Books inspired by Follow that Bird

    I have seen a few sesame street storybooks that were inspired by Sesame Street Preesents Follow That Bird. One of them is "a day at the farm". this is inspired by big birds visit to the kids (ruthie and floyd) who lived on a farm. The only major difference between this and the sequence in...
  5. M

    Sesame Street series 3-6 wishlist

    I wouldn't be surprised if palisades released alistair cookie as a convention exclusive. Alistair Cookie is probably just as major of a variant as supergrover, yet supergrover is probably more popular, and super grover is not in a regular series. Super grover is probably more well-known to...
  6. M

    "The Muppets' Wizard of Oz" disappoints - Jim Hill

    I think it was said that the jim henson company didn't want the articles to be shown on muppet central untill after the sale of the henson company was finalized. of course, the sale has been finalized for two years and not one chater has been written. shameful. :rolleyes:
  7. M

    The Rosita Appreciation Thread!!!

    Although I like most of the older sesame street characters better, i do think that rosita is a very cute muppet, and I like her voice (it's too bad that carmen osbahr doesn't have more characters). having said that, if i had to choose between a rosita action figure and, say, a lefty the salesman...
  8. M

    I'm the baby, gotta love me

    This music video was also included in the dinosaurs video "I'm the baby". it was usually shown after the episdoe "little boy boo". i am not sure if it was shown after the episode in the original broadcast, but it is shown after that episode in syndication, the disney channel, and on the video...
  9. M

    How did Caroll Spinney see inside Bruno?

    If you look closely, you can see an invisible wire (like the one attached from big birds hands to his neck that is used to move big birds right arm) attached from brunos mouth to somewhere inside the trash can. I once read in another thread that the wire is connected to caroll spinneys arm that...
  10. M

    Behind the Scenes of "The Muppet Movie"

    do/ did you get residuals for your performance in that scene, or did you only get paid for performing the first time?
  11. M

    Your favorite Play-Along Video

    do you mean you don't know who performed kai-lee, or something else?
  12. M

    transporting Mr. Snuffleupagus

    In one of the muppet show fan club newsletters, in a small article about big birds appearance in the Leslie Uggums episode, it was said that the big bird suit had to have it's own seat on the airplane to England becaus ethe suit is too fragile to be in airplane storage. However, if this is the...
  13. M

    What's your favorite letter segment?

    although I have only heard audio recordings of them, i like "the sound of the letter a", "the tale of tom tattertall tuttletutt" (about the letter t), "would you like to buy an O?", "the U lecture" and "four furry friends". of what I hav eseen visually, I like harvey kneeslappers prank about...
  14. M

    National Assn. of "W" Lovers

    in The best Of ernie and Bert, before this clip is shown, Big Bird talks to Ernestine about what people do at the national association Of W Lovers. I can't remember everything big bird said, but he said that people draw letter Ws and i think say words that begin with W.
  15. M

    How did Caroll Spinney see inside Bruno?

    oh. I was under the impression that caroll spinney had his head inside brunos head. of course, I didn't have any way of knowing for sure. :confused:
  16. M

    Your favorite Play-Along Video

    What is your favorite video from the "Jim Hensons Play-Along Video" collection? I haven't seen these in a long time, but my favorite is "Wow! you're a cartoonist!". it is fun to watch muppets teach how to draw. and it is one of the few times that caroll spinney performed a non-sesame street...
  17. M

    Favorite episodes

    here is a list of my favorite episodes: wembly and the gorgs catch the tail by the tiger convincing john the minstrels boober gorg uncle matts discovery boober and the glob the perfect blue rollie :smirk:
  18. M

    Who owns the rights to what?

    just to make sure, disney did get the rights to all of the muppet videos series (the 1985 muppet show compilation videos, jim hensons play-along video, and muppet sing-alongs) right? or are those still owned by the video companies that released them (although if that is the case, Disney should...
  19. M

    Something I've been wondering about Bean

    Another one of Steve Whitmires characters, Lips, got smacked in the door (by doc) in A Muppet family Christmas. do you think steve whitmire likes to get his arm smacked in the door, or could it be a coincidence (probably the latter)?
  20. M

    What Disney is getting from Henson...

    On the DVDs released by Hit, the logo is changed. It no longer says "Fraggle rock starring jim Hensons Muppets". It now says "Jim Hensons Fraggle Rock", and the logo looks different. On the Dance Your Cares Away DVD, in the bonus episode, the original logo is shown, but in the "Live by the Rule...
Top