Search results

  1. D

    Seven Years Later: Disney buys Muppets and Bear

    Yeah, but by that same token, look at Dark Crystal 2 and Fraggle Rock the movie. Neither is going to happen. If nothing else, The Muppets has finished shooting. JHC's main tent poles are Puppet Up and Dinosaur Train... they've had more failed promises than Disney has at this point, and...
  2. D

    Wild Thornberries DVD (interesting development)

    I know someone's gonna hate me for this, but I HATED the sitcom. I tried watching it several times when it was on Nick at someone's house... it was DUUUUUULLL compared to Dic's cartoon series. I even have that DTV short film "Cruise Control" which got most of the original cast back (at least...
  3. D

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    I forgot the word "Kid's" but those are 2 exceptions. They may have a few here and there, they may be successful, but I've never heard of or seen them. But then again, I could care less about Steven King, and I hate Halo with a passion. The only good thing about the lack of Muppet comics is...
  4. D

    Wild Thornberries DVD (interesting development)

    Really, Warner Brothers SUCKS at DVD releases... but frankly, so doesn't everybody. They only really care about the DC comics brand and Scooby-Doo to some extent... and even then, Static Shock and Legion of Superheroes has yet to be released in sets (took them forever to do Batman Brave and the...
  5. D

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    Only if the Pixar line were able to be transferred fully. Disney ownership or not, Marvel has Spidey, Hulk, The Fantastic 2 1/2 or whatever it is now, Ironman, and all those others. And they can easily turn those into kid's comics, as they've done in the past. Look at Super Hero Squad. Now...
  6. D

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    Roger planned to leave anyway. Let's get that out of the way right now. Even if Boom still had the license, he felt like he went as far as he could go with the project. Secondly, I reiterate, if all we get from the move to Marvel is stuff that was already released in a kiddy magazine, and...
  7. D

    Wild Thornberries DVD (interesting development)

    Cow and Chicken's another deal. That's Warner Bros. I do NOT expect to see anything more of the CN Hall of Fame. Heck, I'd be surprised if they even gave the newest Scooby-Doo series a season by season release in the long run. Even if C&C were to come out, it would be a bare bones release...
  8. D

    Muppet Babies DVD Box Sets

    Though, there are plenty of episodes that have not a single clip in them, other than public domain stuff. They could be released on (ugh) "Best ofs" if they wanted to. Let's also not forget the partnership with Columbia at the time gave them free range to use a lot of their clips, especially...
  9. D

    Hasbro's Sesame line to be unveiled at Toy Fare

    It makes me wonder. The Mattel license was set to expire just after the 40th anniversary, which makes me wonder if that was any reason it was so lackluster (see Hit's partnership ending and Fraggle Rock the COmplete Series). I think that towards the end of the line, they started branching...
  10. D

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    If you check out Marvel/Disney's plans for Pixar You'll know why I think this matter is GRAVE! Reprints in a kiddy friendly magazine? A "presents" title? Not any independent little Toy Story, Incredibles or Cars comics? Foreseeably edited to fit pages and pages of adds? I'm sorry, but we...
  11. D

    Hasbro's Sesame line to be unveiled at Toy Fare

    Before I comment on that, There's also a presentation with ACTUAL Cookie Monster and Elmo But SWEET! A Murray plush too. I was hoping to see Murray stuff at some point. After all, guy's on every episode, and one of the coolest looking Muppets on the show we've seen in some time. And a...
  12. D

    ToyFair 2011 - Fraggle Stuff

    It's not so much the fuzziness as the mushiness... They're just slightly the wrong shape, and it throws the likeness off. I guess it's a little kids younger than 3 safety thing, but the only 2 things that really bug me (aside from the price) are the off colors (are they using natural dyes that...
  13. D

    ToyFair 2011 - Fraggle Stuff

    These guys need to drop the "We're too good for plastic eyes" stuff... I think that's part of the reason the likenesses are thrown out the window.
  14. D

    Least likeable Sesame character?

    It's the same thing that killed Pinky and the Brain as a primetime show. They even made multiple references to that on the show... Pinky even sang, "The TV viewer's you'll delight, unless of course they put your show on Sunday night." Of course, Friday Night wasn't all that good for them...
  15. D

    Wild Thornberries DVD (interesting development)

    That's basically what I felt too. I mean, I don't hate the show by any means... heck, it's great to see Tim Curry NOT play a bad guy. But really, no Doug? No Rugrats? Not even a re-release of Zim (they're out of print)? I hope the partnership extends to all Nicktoons and Nick shows. I...
  16. D

    ToyFair 2011 - Fraggle Stuff

    Well, what I mistook as smaller, Sababa scale Fraggle plush were actually plush bobbleheads. Uh.... okay. :rolleyes:
  17. D

    Any Muppet news from Toy Fair 2011?

    Apparently there ISN'T any Muppet stuff Okay, listen... Disney has come a long way, and we shouldn't be ticked about the lack of representation, but seriously... what the freak? You had a whole bunch of plush toys that were going to be released closer to the movie last year? Why didn't they...
  18. D

    Wild Thornberries DVD (interesting development)

    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Wild-Thornberrys-Season-1/15029 Now, here's why I bothered posting this. Now, all these more popular Nick series like Rocko's Modern Life and Hey Arnold were made specifically as MOD create space on-line exclusives. This however, is going to be released for...
  19. D

    How's the weather where you are?

    I MISS rain! Don't get me wrong, I never cared for rain... but compared to the snow we've been getting, ANYTHING seems like heaven.
  20. D

    Muppet Babies DVD Box Sets

    I have some of them...the Disney released ones... MOST of them didn't actually have clips. The only ones I can recall are Star Wars bits in Muppet Babies: The Next Generation, and Beauty and the Beast TV series clips in Beauty and the weirdo. Most of the others had no clips, or public domain...
Top