Search results

  1. D

    Least likeable Sesame character?

    You just summed up pretty much television. They refuse to go the direction that the show creators want, and then when that direction doesn't work, it's the fault of everyone else BUT the people that told you to do that. Oddly enough, I find the best sketches in MT to be the ones with little...
  2. D

    The Chipmunks

    Actually, I really loved those little PVC figurines. The thing is, they were very early in the series, so they looked like that version of the characters. I never really saw much of the 90's, cleaned up versions of the characters in merchandising... for a while it was just 1960's Alvin Show...
  3. D

    The Chipmunks

    I dunno about you, but I truly think they should sue for having the second movie deal with that loser nephew of Dave. And all those Meerkat Manor commercials. Seriously, I liked most of that movie, actually... but just... seems like some stuff was written in last minute because Jason Lee...
  4. D

    The Jim Henson Company Puppets to perform at the 2011 Grammys

    To me, PG is action cartoon violence, the next step past a kid's show, like say, Batman. You should also be able to mildly cuss (nothing they wouldn't have said on early Simpsons episodes that is). Even very dark, almost too disturbing for little kids plot lines, like The Incredibles (A super...
  5. D

    Hasbro's Sesame line to be unveiled at Toy Fare

    Well, there's a difference... there were by far more of these released in the UK than the US... but off hand, Frankenstein, a Zombie, the Creeper, a large fish Seamonster (I lost the back for the packages, and I forget the specific name) and there could be one more, but he's sold with a large...
  6. D

    Hasbro's Sesame line to be unveiled at Toy Fare

    Anyone else loving the fur texturing? I am so sick of smooth Cookie Monster figures that look like Twiddlebugs. The fur on Murray and Telly is just beautiful. Snuffy too... Other than odd nose placement on Murray (it needs to be like 2 micrometers up), these sculpts are some of the best PVC...
  7. D

    Least likeable Sesame character?

    Muppets Tonight was the same and different, actually. The main difference being SS gradually changed over time... The Muppets had to completely reinvent the concept to get back on TV. But in a sense, the same people were gone and new characters had to fill those gaps too. You know...
  8. D

    Any Muppet news from Toy Fair 2011?

    Some of the Scooby ones are articulates, if you're talking buddy pack stuff... but only the Monsters. I don't mind a lack of articulation with these, though. The collectibility factor is through the roof. I hope these do well enough to sneak in a few older characters down the line. I'd love...
  9. D

    The Jim Henson Company Puppets to perform at the 2011 Grammys

    Here's a question... did you even hear the song before? Even the cleaned up version? What I really can't abide is someone calling something out without bothering to look at a small fraction of it. Again, it's intensely tame, and certainly one of the cleanest songs I've heard in recent...
  10. D

    The Jim Henson Company Puppets to perform at the 2011 Grammys

    Yes, but you're getting word of mouth. If you actually see the thing, it is pretty tame compared to what everyone's reacting to. I mean, 3 TV safe swears in a cleaned up version of a song? If the lyrics were more explicit and encouraged violence and or had sexually explicit lyrics, I'd...
  11. D

    Any Muppet news from Toy Fair 2011?

    I guess we're waiting for Toughpigs or someone. Come on... aren't ya jazzed about Sesame Street character Buddy packs that have Telly ANY Murray in the line up?
  12. D

    Of Muppets and Merchandise and Photoshop

    I have absolutely no idea where to put this, maybe it should go in the Merchandise folder.. But anyway... I know we have this discussion from time to time, but what the heck is up with all those pieces of merchandise, calendars, books, posters... that take a base photo and just cheaply and...
  13. D

    My contribution to fan art

    To understand this, you need to look at the cover of the 40th anniversary book http://mightyfilm.deviantart.com/art/Muppet-book-and-poster-rant-197565334
  14. D

    Least likeable Sesame character?

    I don't really tend to count the humans... but we've seen a lot of them come and go as well. But it's all hit and miss. Some characters stay, some don't, some come back for a brief period of time, then disappear again (Mumford, Gladys, The Twoheaded Monster...) It all depends on the writers...
  15. D

    The Jim Henson Company Puppets to perform at the 2011 Grammys

    Which bugs me... how come THIS is offensive when Biggest Loser, a show that subjects fat people to humiliating mud-wrestling and crying to lose weight is "inspiring", even when contestants are double dealing and conniving. The worst in humanity it in reality TV and NO ONE is doing a thing to...
  16. D

    Anyone else think that D A is a bit stuck up?

    Well, said art work I submitted and was rejected was because the group doesn't accept "crossovers" when the thing was clearly a parody (and they came to me and asked for the submission of something that WAS!)... and I didn't get that answer right away, nor did I see any of those in Da Rules, but...
  17. D

    Hasbro's Sesame line to be unveiled at Toy Fare

    Seems the movable arms (and we're basing these off prototypes... they could very well have or not have them in the finished product) were removed clearly because this is indeed a younger demographic than the Star Wars line. Though, to be quite honest, you never saw the Toy Story ones, have you...
  18. D

    ToyFair 2011 - Fraggle Stuff

    I honestly don't feel Boober looks bad... the puppets don't look all that good, sure... but the only things that look completely off in my opinion is the Sprocket plush (too furry, nose and eyes too small) and the puppet version of Junior Gorg. Of course, the Junior plush looked so so anyway...
  19. D

    Anyone else think that D A is a bit stuck up?

    Well, I'm not bothering submitting to any other groups, I left one out of disgust... And I'm thinking of, while keeping the page up, ending any artistic endeavors of any freaking kind. I've had it with trying to share anything I do online. I get more views putting stuff up on a refrigerator...
  20. D

    ToyFair 2011 - Fraggle Stuff

    This guy barely ventured out of 1980's throwbacks and comic book stuff. What I'm wondering is are there any Muppet products there that aren't Fraggle Rock or Sesame Street. We still haven't heard anything on that. Tough Pigs was there last year... I'm guessing either they won't be there or...
Top