Search results

  1. D

    "What a Cartoon!" Cartoon Network Shorts

    2 Stupid Dogs came out well before Cartoon Network. It single handedly brought back HB productions leading to the eventual creation of that network, WAC! and all the shows that spun off from it. In fact, a lot of people that worked on that show were involved with WAC... Craig McCracken's first...
  2. D

    ABC's daytime dramas need support now!

    TV becoming "obsolete" or not, the death of an entire genre due to such greed and incompetence is the height of despicable. I'm no soap fan by any stretch, but the same thing is happening with kid's programming. Unless you get cable, you're out of luck. Of course, in that case, they wave that...
  3. D

    Muppet Babies - 20+ years later

    Well, with SMW, I almost want to say not to bother. SMBSS and AOSMB3 are far better shows,... SMW barely gets out of the rut of plots about introducing new concepts to the cavemen and King Koopa exploiting it for his own purposed... something done MUCH better, BTW, on Kirby of the Stars. And...
  4. D

    Seven Years Later: Disney buys Muppets and Bear

    How would you compare it to the Timon and Pumbaa cartoon series? Is it anything closer to that?
  5. D

    Hoodwinked Sequel This April

    Again, MFS's fault is with the director, and Elmo's... well... Elmo. Movie was basically an excuse to sell more Elmo toys. Feels like it should have been a DTV. But as for marketing I can see that as well... passing the buck, barely acknowledging the movie... maybe one or two trailers...
  6. D

    The Chipmunks

    Well, I can't say he's the greatest actor in the world... :) I saw a clip of that Minimunks thing. I still think Bob Saget would have been a perfect Dave... even that guy who playes Ted Moseby on How I Met Your Mother (who apparently on the show grows up to BE Bob Saget) could have worked...
  7. D

    Muppet Babies - 20+ years later

    Baby Felix, while I can't say it's really all that good, is alright... it tries pretty hard to be the 1960's series in some cases(especially the halted way Poindexter speaks, mimicking the slow speech patterns that came with the technology for high pitched audio at the time... like the 60's...
  8. D

    Hoodwinked Sequel This April

    I like it when he plays musclebound airheads, like Kronk from Emperor's New Groove (funny thing, ROE has both Warburton and David Spade... I THOUGHT I'd like it because they're both from Emperor's New Groove)... and he was the only one that was having fun in that meh Tick live action series...
  9. D

    Seven Years Later: Disney buys Muppets and Bear

    Lion King is one of my favorite movies from Disney. And the sequel is one of the few to do justice to the original film... never saw 1 1/2 though, And Timon and Pumbaa are my favorite characters. To me, Disney's worst films were Pocahontas and Home on the Range for 2 distinctly different...
  10. D

    Hoodwinked Sequel This April

    If this does well enough, and they move to a DIFFERENT distributor, there could be a chance. I just may see this, but I dunno... I REALLY want to see Rango... this one looks like it has potential to be a lot more fun than the Gnome thing and Mars needs Motion capture... And I do love Patrick...
  11. D

    Seven Years Later: Disney buys Muppets and Bear

    Yeah, but compared to the mind erasing Home on the Range movie and the historically inaccurate preachiness of Pocahontas, anything else is heavenly. But with Lion King, it's not so much the story and the characters that should be impressive... but rather that it was successful enough to have...
  12. D

    Hoodwinked Sequel This April

    That's what I'm wondering. I guess it's all a matter of franchise theory. Evey studio wants to have a Shrek, I guess. Again, I don't count Toy Story in so much as Disney wanted a second DTV Toy Story movie, and Pixar made a theatrical quality one, and the fact that Disney threatened to make...
  13. D

    Super Grover 2.0 Week: February 21-25, 2011

    You will be surprised how many people DIDN'T get that. I saw all these complaints on Youtube about how they "changed" the character, even though we ALL know the change is ONLY for a segment in the show, and outside of that, Super Grover's got the same costume, more or less, he had since the...
  14. D

    Least likeable Sesame character?

    Zoe's a strange one. I remember when the character premired, she was... well.. very odd. She said a LOT of things that were out of left field and she seemed... well... looney. I distinctly remember a skit where Big Bird said something about "Today's shows is brought to you by the letters M...
  15. D

    Has Baskin-Robbins Gone Bankrupt?

    Nah nah nah... it's regional or something. Very regional. Back when I was in Maine that time, I ALSO saw at least 3 in each town I was in. One even had a GRILL! I've never seen one with a grill. There are some in this state, sure... but they're closer to the New Hampshire boarder and...
  16. D

    Seven Years Later: Disney buys Muppets and Bear

    I still fail to see where this Christian stuff comes in. Seems like whoever posted that just had a vendetta against The Lion King. Now, I'm going to have to start a conversation about Disney movies here. Let's face it, Jim Henson, Walt Disney... when someone who founded and created an...
  17. D

    Hoodwinked Sequel This April

    Consider this. The FR movie was no where near filming stage since the script was approved 3 times in a row and the wheels were in motion and things were supposedly happening. This film has Weinstine as a distributor. They had nothing to do with production and EVERYTHING to do with sitting on...
  18. D

    Has Baskin-Robbins Gone Bankrupt?

    They apparently had some in Maine... at least years ago when I was there. I went ONCE. Got a chocolate donut with mint frosting... Pretty good. The story was that they were going to move more southward into this country... but I never heard about that ever again. Around topic, we've...
  19. D

    Hal Smith

    Hal, while uncredited (actually, no one was) was part of the WORST CARTOON SERIES known to mankind... Talk about wasted talent!
  20. D

    Has Baskin-Robbins Gone Bankrupt?

    Everyone is. I'm not going to repeat myself with the whole "You should have saved that generous Tax money for a rainy day" or "these neighborhoods are pricing everyone out of the business" (especially since I don't know any situations of your specific town, but it's something that happened here...
Top