Search results

  1. D

    Jason Segel talks The Muppets and his inspiration

    Ah, Katzenberg... the same guy who wanted Toy Story to suck.
  2. D

    Oscar the Grouch's Oscar predictions

    I'm still wondering how much of speculation that Anne Hathaway will be Catwoman is just that.... remember a year ago when we thought Phillip Seymour Huffman was gonna be The Penguin and Johnny Depp was gonna be the Riddler?
  3. D

    Oscar the Grouch's Oscar predictions

    No matter who hosts the darn thing, they all do a "terrible" job. Then they complain about the hosts being too young, then too old, then they go too far, then they are too safe.... Here's something DON'T have anyone host the Oscars. Then they can complain no one's hosting it. Maybe that is...
  4. D

    Can Sesame Street go to Congress?

    I don't want to paint them as stereotypes (something the right can do but the left can't for some reason :rolleyes: ). The American People listened to corporately funded liars like Limbaugh and Glenn "Danger to Himself and others" Beck, and they became these right wing libertarian posers. This...
  5. D

    Overrated Movies

    Yeah, I'm not trying to be mean when I say it stunk, but it failed to be as awesomesauce as Little Mermaid-Lion King. I mentioned a CRITICAL assessment of the film in another thread. I've seen 90% of Disney movies, and only 2 I really disliked, the other being the dry Dinosaurs...
  6. D

    Jason Segel talks The Muppets and his inspiration

    There's a difference between being child-like and childish. The poster is clearly overly sensitive, and has a history of flaming everyone who slightly offends him when he no doubt skims halfway through the posts. There's nothing wrong with liking a movie, but there's ALSO nothing wrong with...
  7. D

    Least likeable Sesame character?

    I beg to differ And that's just one example... Henson has always striven to blur the lines of reality with greater puppetry advancements. And sure, nothing beats a simple puppet, but simple can also be complex in its own right!
  8. D

    Can Sesame Street go to Congress?

    You can't make budget from nickel and diming PBS and the rest of the country. You make budget by making Mr. Oil tycoon pay their taxes. The first thing these guys did when they got in was to protect the overly-generous Bush Tax cuts.
  9. D

    Overrated Movies

    Obsessive much? Great Mouse Detective was underrated... Black Cauldron was under rated.. Oliver and Company was underrated... Emperor's New Groove was viciously underrated. Pocahontas couldn't sell half the merchandise at deep discount. Those are facts. I Was my hands of the whole...
  10. D

    Jason Segel talks The Muppets and his inspiration

    Are you a child? I have EVERY right to say a crap film IS a crap film. It was a crap film, I'll die saying it's a crap film... it IS a crap film. It was a poorly written piece of reconstructive historical fluff and high preachiness with NO ENTERTAINMENT VALUE WHATSOEVER! I disposed and...
  11. D

    Seven Years Later: Disney buys Muppets and Bear

    This is what I'm afraid of. Garbage kid's films that ONLY get high ratings at the box office because they're the ONLY kid's films out there... and the only reason why people are going to movies is because they need to baby sit their booger eating brats for an hour and a half. Same reason Yogi...
  12. D

    "What a Cartoon!" Cartoon Network Shorts

    Adventure Time might be a good show, but I can't get by the ugly Now-ness of the artwork. Their best bet is action series like Brave and the Bold and Young Justice. They need to get some of the old creators back and make a new series. That said, I saw a preview of the Looney Tunes show...
  13. D

    "What a Cartoon!" Cartoon Network Shorts

    To be honest, I LOVE Billy and Mandy, but I could never get into the Evil Con Carne show. I liked how Skarr was absorbed into B&M and he became a character almost bitter that his show was canceled. KND.. well, it had merchandise, but it wasn't really that plentiful unless you went to a TRU...
  14. D

    Could Lips have been dropped during production of GMC?

    Here's what I have to say about Lips... The character is basically similar to Zoot, in so much the fact that he didn't speak much, and outside of playing his instrument, he really didn't have much of a role. So basically, we have 2 similar characters, and the rules of redundancy won out...
  15. D

    Kermits face in Disney/Toustines Gnomeo & juliet

    I wouldn't see that film if you paid me... And I'm desperate for money!
  16. D

    Once Upon a Monster

    I have no want or desire to buy a Kinect... I have no desire to buy those games... but MAN if this one doesn't make me WANT to buy one, I don't know what would. Yeah, those Wii games were lame... but then again, I don't think ANY of the Sesame Street games ever made (maybe the N64/Playstation...
  17. D

    The New Movie: The Muppets

    The only licensed character that was not already a famous brand toy in the Toy Story franchise was My neighbor Totoro, and that was an homage from Lassiter to Myazaki. The only Mickey was on a watch. Suffice to say, if Andy didn't have any Mickey, Goofy, or Winnie the Pooh toys, he probably...
  18. D

    Least likeable Sesame character?

    As a puppet fan in general, I tend to like more complicated looking characters like Zoe, and Hoots, and the like. I HATED when they used homunculus Zoe... the puppet's subtlety and artistry was stripped. I personally hate how the first AM's looked. The spotty placement of the eyes and...
  19. D

    Muppet Babies - 20+ years later

    Wanna hear one last bit? The DIC cartoon got in a shot at the Filmation series... a phoney psychic is seen wearing Jake Kong's exact outfit
  20. D

    "What a Cartoon!" Cartoon Network Shorts

    Yes. That's it exactly. Did he have some long suffering sidekick? I only saw it once, and I remember a goofy sidekick of some sort... Still, looking back, when KND won that competition, that was the right choice. I just couldn't see Major Flake as a TV series now... maybe a recurring...
Top