Search results

  1. M

    how full body muppets have been performed

    I forgot to mention that the Gorgs have monitors inside their heads for the performers to see.
  2. M

    how full body muppets have been performed

    I have read that the Elmo in Grouchland DVD includes a behind-the-scenes featurette. does anybody know whether that featurette includes information about how the chicken was performed?
  3. M

    Special Edition Movie DVD's coming in November

    I wonder how hard it would be for Columbia/ Tri-Star to release new special edition DVDs of The Muppets take manhattan and Muppets from Space (although I think the only feature that would eed to be added to the Muppets from Space DVD would be deleted scenes)? Would Sony need Disneys involvement...
  4. M

    if JHH had succedded...

    some more things that could have been done if the show was still on after Jim Henson died: it's possible that animated muppet segments, possibly with different voices, could hav ebeen produced. after all, the simpsons were becoming popular and most networks tried to produce their own...
  5. M

    your 2006 henson dvd predictions

    well, it was just confirmed that both of these are planned to be re-released soon, along with special editions of The Muppet Christmas carol abd Muppet Treasure Island. The official release date hasn't been announced yet, so it could be this year, but I would assume they will be released in...
  6. M

    TMS season sets: who should be on discs?

    yeah, I realize that. there have been many wishlists on this and other message boards, and I am sure that we all know that most companies involved (with the main exception of palisades) most likely aren't going to know about these lists or take the suggestions.
  7. M

    Classic SS Character Questions

    The guy from the harvey kneeslapper "B" sketch was blue, wih black hair around the back of his head, black eyebrows, a black mustache, and a pink nose. of course, he had eyes, too. He kinda looked like Fat Blue with black hair instead of brown. he also wore a blue sweater. I am not sure if you...
  8. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppets' Wizard of Oz

    In the dungeon scene, I think it would have been funny (or at least a good refferecne to previous productions) if Annie Sue Pig, Spamela hamderson, and Miss Mousey were in the dungeon with the cowardly lion. it would make sense for piggy to lock her rivals up in the dungeon.
  9. M

    how full body muppets have been performed

    so, was it even a puppet in the full-body shots?
  10. M

    how full body muppets have been performed

    Joey Mazzarino usually performs the Elephant, although other performers have performed him. Dave Goelz performed him in the Elephant Elevador Operador sketch. It's possible that David Rudman might have performed him at some point. I can't think of any other performers off-hand who have performed...
  11. M

    if Muppets Tonight had succedded...

    Maybe I should have titled this thread "If Muppets Tonight was more successful..." instead. I actually did think about titling it that way, but then i decided to give it the other title I thought of. By "the elevation of Clifford", do you mean expanded role or popularity? Also, I don't...
  12. M

    Behind the Scenes of "The Muppet Movie"

    Did John Landis only perform grover, or did he perform another character as well? I know that I have already asked about whether certain performers (like jerry Juhl and carroll Spinney) performed at the end, but do you know if Jim Hensons wife, Jane Henson, performed in that scene? I am not...
  13. M

    TMS season sets: who should be on discs?

    I have read about what designs are planned for future sets. although they could be changed, I read that season 2 will have miss piggy (purple dress with pearls), season 3 will have fozzie (brown fur and necktie), season 4 will have gonzo (purple tux), and season 5 will have scooter (green jacket...
  14. M

    TMS season sets: who should be on discs?

    I agree. I also think it would have been better if there were group shots instead of individual characters. they would be similar to the group shot on the puzzle that was made a few years ago, with season-specific images. If all discs had group shots, I think it should be like this...
  15. M

    why were there three gordons?

    Whenever the puppet builders rebuild characters, I wonder if they even try to make them look as close to the previous versions as possible. I think that the most obvious changes (like how orange oscar became green oscar, or gonzos appearance change between the first and second season of The...
  16. M

    Should the Muppets retire?

    Actually, He was more major than karen prell on The Muppet Show. He didn't only do rizzo. He also did Miss Piggys dog, Foo Foo, and Lips, the trumpet player. Although his regular characters didn't talk much, he did perform a lot of characters that had lots of lines, including Pinnocchio (from...
  17. M

    if Muppets Tonight had succedded...

    Seymour was the Elephant who appeared alongside Pepe on the show. They were a team: Seymour and Pepe. In the first season they were elevador operadors. in the secodn season they worked in the comissionary. Unfortunately, Seymour the Elephant hasn't been used in any Henson productions since...
  18. M

    if Muppets Tonight had succedded...

    Zippety Zap was a green muppet who kinda looked like a frog. he was performed by Bill barretta, although I think his voice sounded more like a kevin clash or jerry nelson voice. he wore a white shirt, a butto-up shirt over it (i think it had an orange color), sunglasses, and a hat. If you have...
  19. M

    if Muppets Tonight had succedded...

    It seems like we all agree and disagree on what would have happened. One thing that most of us have said that i didn't mention was the fact that most of the characters who have been used since the show ended (clifford, pepe, bobo, johnny fiama, sal, and to a lesser extent dr. phil van...
  20. M

    if JHH had succedded...

    Don't apologize. Muppet High School does sound like it could have been a good idea for series, and any thoughts about what could have happened to The jim henson our is welcome/ i wonder if Muppet High School would have been part of the jim henson hour or a different series.
Top