Search results

  1. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School DVD

    Reading the review again, I noticed that it says that they are introduced by a cartoon character who explains that the episodes may not meet todays educational needs. I wonder why this needed to be mentioned. Do all educational shows need to have the same curriculum (I thought Sesame Workshop...
  2. M

    Minor Muppetz' TMS Outline: Julie Neumarr

    Wait a minute.... it's been two days, and nobody's responded to this one yet? No! No! Noooo!!!!! Waaahhhhh!!!!!! Nobody likes me, wahhhhhhh!!!! Just kidding. I'm not really upset.
  3. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School DVD

    The Muppets Magic DVD did a good job at having the Muppets look the way they did during the 1960s...;)
  4. M

    Why is Dr. Teeth thought of as the Electric Mayhem leader?

    I keep thinking that Dr. Teeth sould have joined Floyd and Animal when they interracted with Dudley Moore in his dressing room. Kermit wasn't in that scene, so it is not like Jim Henson was busy performing another character.
  5. M

    episodes on the Muppet Show where.....

    Here are some examples: Candice Bergen: Kermit and Rowlf both appear and talk in Veterinarian's Hospital (Kermit responds to something Rowlf says at the end of the sketch). Peter Sellers: Kermit and Link talk. Elton John: Kermit and The Swedish Chef interract. Julie Andrews: Kermit and...
  6. M

    Sesame Old School Vol. 1: Why only 5 episodes?

    I thought that was possible for weekly television series, but untill 2002, each season had close to 130 episodes. Would an HD DVD be able to hold an entire season of Sesame Street? Of course, I was looking at some HD DVDs at a store recently, and comparing them to the regular DVD releases, and...
  7. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School DVD

    It's weird that Best Buy won't be releasing it. It seems like Best Buy carries every other DVD release, even ones that I can't find in other stores (when they come out). It's the only place so far where I've found copies of The Best of The Electric Company, The Weird Al Show: The Complete...
  8. M

    Why is Dr. Teeth thought of as the Electric Mayhem leader?

    It seems like Dr. Teeth was more of the lead singer in the first season than in later seasons. In most first season Electric Mayhem numbers he was the lead singer, and usually the only member to get solo vocals. Floyd sang lead vocals in a few first season numbers. Also, Floyd wasn't a very...
  9. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School DVD

    I have just looked at the list of bonus sketches again, and it seems like the non-muppet skits outnumber the muppet skits, 27-24. I thought it looked like there were more non-muppet skits, but didn't think the score was this close. I have been wondering if future sets will include other...
  10. M

    Minor Muppetz' TMS Outline: Julie Neumarr

    This outline takes place in the fourth season. Cold Opening/ Dressing Room Scooter finds Julie choking on her food. After Timmy gives her the heimlech manuver, it turns out that her food had been choking her. Introduction Kermit introduces The Monster Quartet. Opening Number: Get...
  11. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School DVD

    How do you know that the buying fans and the legal teams won't see eye-to-eye? Maybe somebody working on these sets will eventually post information here, perhaps explaining the process, how bonus skits were chosen, and other stuff. Maybe they could also ask us what we want. Back when The Muppet...
  12. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School DVD

    Oh, so it was febuary that The Best of the Electric Company Vol. 1 came out, and it appears as if volume 2 will come out in just barely less than a year. Hopefully Old School Vol. 2 will come out in barely less than a year (hopefully next July) or less.
  13. M

    kermits NEWS FLASH

    I have read that the Newsflash segments originally did not have opening logos, and when the opening logos were created they were attached to future airings of most of the early newsflash segments that didn't have this logo, with some exceptions, and some Newsflash segments (like the Don Music...
  14. M

    Classic Sesame Street Video: Up and Down

    I think that's a different song with the same title.
  15. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School DVD

    I have four questions: 1. Does this set include any skits where Richard Hunt performs voices? 2. It is mentioend that the season five premier had an animated skit where a man holds one leg in the air, which was cut on Noggin. I know that a similar skit, with Jasper and Julius, was in the...
  16. M

    News Flash: Rapunzel (1971)

    That means that it has the original opening logo, right? Or is it shown without a logo? I've read that the early News Flash skits originally didn't feature openign logos, and that openign logos were added to most of them when the logos were introduced. The review mentioned that there are a...
  17. M

    What would you like on Sesame Street Old School Volume 1?

    No, it won't. Oddly enough, I wasn't too interested in seeing this untill I saw it on You Tube, and I think I've watched this skit on You Tube more than any other Sesame Street skit, and I wanted itt o be included. I am not too surprised that it isn't, though, because the song wasn't written for...
  18. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School DVD

    A lot of the bonus skits mentioned are ones that I haven't heard about. I was wondering if they would mostly be ones that everybody knows about and have been included on many videos, anniversary specials, and whatnot, but a lot of them I don't really know anything about. It feels like a treat...
  19. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    Another character included to add to that list is The Martians. The page said that it has something caled "Martians Telephone". What else could it be besides the classic sketch where The Martians inspect a telephone?
  20. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    Actually, Roosevelt Franklin appeared in the fourth and fifht season premiers. In the season four premier he appears at the beginning when the cast says the letter of the alphabet that their names begin with, and in the season five premier he appears in the "Clap, Clap, Clap" song...
Top