Search results

  1. M

    Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

    Does anybody here ever remember seeing the song Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds? Has that number ever appeared on any international version of Sesame Street? I was looking at the scans of the first season show content on the University of Maryland talk page at Muppet Central. This lists all...
  2. M

    Play with Me Sesame episodes

    Does anybody know if the various episodes of Play With Me Sesame have official titles, or if they are just numbered? And does anybody know the exact number for each individual episode?
  3. M

    Favorite Minor Characters

    I don't remember any Edna Gump characters, but I think you might be referring to Cynthia Birdley, a female character who only appeared in one panel sketch. She looked a lot like Mildred, and was performed by Cynthia Addler, who only performed in two episodes.
  4. M

    Play With Me Sesame DVD's in October

    After I watched Playtime with Grover, I was hoping that there would be a Playtime with Ernie and Bert, or at least two seperate releases for each one, and then I looked at the videography at Mupet Wiki and saw that there is a Playtime with Ernie, a Playtime with Bert, and even a Playtime with...
  5. M

    Old School Volume 2 coming November 6

    But remember, episode 536 had a non-music segment cut as well.
  6. M

    The "Upstairs, Downstairs" debate!

    Also, if Monsterpiece Theater did originate in 1978, then I hope it's included on Old School Volume 2.
  7. M

    The "Upstairs, Downstairs" debate!

    Well, it's hard to tell which one came first. Alistar Cookie's opening and closing comments take place in different rooms than usual (and both rooms are different from each other). But maybe Upstairs, Downstairs was meant to be a one-shot sketch, and then a few years later it was decided to make...
  8. M

    Old School Volume 2 coming November 6

    Another thing I thought about. While some of those clips could be bonus clips, and some could be material that was cut on Noggin, it's possible that some of those segments will be replacing other segments that get cut from the release. Just a thought.
  9. M

    Old School Volume 2 coming November 6

    Well, we have two more weeks until the release. I hope that more info gets announced before then. I remember last year, shortly before the release of the first one, Sesame Workshop's official site had an article about the set, mentioning more segments in the set that weren't previously announced.
  10. M

    Old School Volume 2 coming November 6

    Actually, I don't think Telephone Rock is in any of the epsiodes. I've looked at the Mupet Wiki pages on these episodes, and don't recall seeing it in any of the episodes (unless Noggin edited it out of one of the episodes). I think The Subway sketch is from the fifth season (according to the...
  11. M

    Sesame Podcasts

    The latest episode includes "ballet" as the word on the street. It also finally has other Muppets besides Murray. Some of the segments include: Zoe and Murray voice-overs observing a cartoon of a dancer (I think Murray's voice-overs were added) Murray voice-over counting dancers...
  12. M

    Favorite Minor Characters

    From The Muppet Show: Lips The Gogalala Jubilee Jugband Bobby Benson Crazy Harry Louis Kazagger Zeke Bubba Marvin Suggs Fleet Scribbler Doglion Thog From Muppets Tonight: Seymour Carl Bill the Bubble Guy Nigel Dr. Phil van Neuter Zippety Zap Craniac Gary Chuenga
  13. M

    Play With Me Sesame moves to Sprout

    Do you know if any of the Play With Me Sesame DVDs have any original content, or if everything (with the obvious exception of a voice-over announcing the title) originated in either Play With Me Sesame or Sesame Street? Also, do you happen to know if there is any special reason why Play With...
  14. M

    Play With Me Sesame DVD's in October

    I've noticed that the title "Playtime with Grover" is a little bit misleading, since many of the skits don't seem to follow a playtime theme. Many of the skits involve teaching concepts, opposites, and problem solving, but very few non-Play with Me Sesame clips involve anything that I would call...
  15. M

    Old School Volume 2 coming November 6

    Finally, though I couldn't get it to play on my computer. What are some of the bonus clips shown? We have just three more weeks. Where are the early reviews?
  16. M

    Kermit on TV Land's 50 Greatest TV ICons

    Just a clip of him playing the banjo? Well, I guess that clip wil be from The Muppet Movie, but maybe it will be from The Mupets at Walt Disney World or the Debbie Harry episode of The Mupet Show (since it's TV icons it should be a clip from a TV production). Errr, I mean, uh, uh, great!
  17. M

    Play With Me Sesame DVD's in October

    I just played a bit of the CD-ROM, and it is better than I'd expected. It has both games and video clips. There are three sections: Grover clips and games, Food-a-Rama, and dance-related clips and games. I think all of the games were originally online games. The video clips all have a...
  18. M

    Play With Me Sesame moves to Sprout

    I bought Playtime with Grover, and although it would have been great if some segments from the shows first decade were included, it pretty much doesn't dissapoint. Ive read that these two were previously released outside of the US. Do you happen to know if these are exactly the same in...
  19. M

    the best of season 38

    What sketches do you think are the best ones from season 38? I have only watched a few episodes from this season, but I think that Meal or No Meal was a really good sketch, as was the Elmo's World segment on mouths (imagine an Elmo's World segment being among the best of the season). I haven't...
  20. M

    My friend's scandel, "Elmo not a girl?"

    I knew somebody who thought that Big Bird was a girl, even when I corrected him. He also thought that Phil from Rugrats was a girl (I also used to think the same, and when I leard that Phil was a boy he didn't beleive me).
Top