Search results

  1. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street 40 Years Hardcover Book

    Oops! I just watched it again, and Nelson didn't perform Buster, though the puppet was used in thw background in the Humpty Dumpty sketch.
  2. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street 40 Years Hardcover Book

    Anybody notice how in Martin Robinson's page, it says that Buster was originally performed by Frank Oz? I know that Oz performed the puppet in the Kermit News: Hickory Dickory Dock sketch, but I doubt he was called Buster then. Jerry Nelson also performed the puppet in Kermit News: Humpty...
  3. M

    Bert and Ernie in Elmo Saves Christmas

    I wonder if maybe Steve Whitmire was only available to perform Kermit's scene, which was presented on a TV and used a different set (though I don't know whether the regular street set is set up at all times). Frank Oz probablly had limited availability; the scenes with Grover and Cookie Monster...
  4. M

    When's the Last Time we had a Celebrity Version?

    The real question is, when's the last time an outside ficticious character appeared in such a montage? I'll say it's when Lamb Chop appeared in The Alphabet Song. Hmmm, these montages feature every guest star of the season... Maybe Sesame Workshop needs to have a crossover appearance in...
  5. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street 40 Years DVD Box Set

    Me, neither. I wonder if that should count the segments as being "edited" or not.
  6. M

    Out To Lunch

    I must point out that the detailed information posted at the Muppet Wiki page came from somebody who had a copy of the script for the special, not somebody with a copy of the actual special.
  7. M

    Classic Clips on SST Workshop's Site

    The site now has another Don Music song: http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_player?p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_id=videoPlayer_WAR_sesameportlets4369&p_p_uid=848b0af9-128f-47ad-9b25-ec0432b3e392 I noticed that in this one, it's a little different than usual. It's Kermit telling Don what doens't rhyme...
  8. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street 40 Years Hardcover Book

    It's interesting to see how many early photos there are of Caroll Spinney wearing half of the Big Bird suit, considering he's made a policy for so long of not posing for pictures in half the suit. In a recent interview he said that it's because in 1970 a photographer from Look Magazine managed...
  9. M

    When did the era of 'street stories' begin?

    I'm pretty sure that the early years had both street stories and episodes with no major street plot. The secodn episode has a plotline in which Oscar moves away from Sesame Street, though I don't know how many scenes there are on this plot. There's quite a few season 3 episodes that appear...
  10. M

    Season 40 Hidden Gems

    Or Muppets based on many of the original staff.
  11. M

    Segments that were possibly taped on the same day

    I don't think we've ever had a thread like this before... One that disucsses segments that could have and probably were made on the same day. This is probably true about many inserts using recurring sketches and sets... The performers and puppets are already there, and the sets are already...
  12. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 40

    I sort of feel like the race should have been more crowded... While it was cool to have Bip wathcing the race, it would have been cool to see more "Old School" characters in the audience... Biff, Sully, Herry, Dr. Nobel Price, Don Music...
  13. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 40

    It seems like Zoe, Abby, and Rosita have been paired as a trio quite a bit this season (two years after season 38's "Because We're Friends"). I wonder if we should expect to see the three as a regular trio... Of course, it is a bit odd that Zoe's hardly been on the street this year.
  14. M

    The Muppet Mindset - A Call to Action

    Considering that Muppet Peter Pan #4 has been delayed until later in January and all past Muppet comics (from BOOM!) have been covered on Muppet Comic Mondays, would you like for em to send reviews of the two trade paperbacks (The Muppet Show: Meet the Muppets and Muppet Robin Hood)? Also, I...
  15. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 40

    I just noticed that Bip Bipadotta maded a cameo in today's epsiode, and it looked like he actually said something, thouhg I couldn't tell who did the voice.
  16. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street 40 Years Hardcover Book

    Well, I got the set for Christmas today. I think the only pre-2005 clip that's different from what was in The Street We Live On was the 2004 clip, showing Don't Know Y instead of the cast on the street set. If the timeline was cut from the Street We Live On DVD because of character/ music...
  17. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street 40 Years DVD Box Set

    Hmm, well, I never heard of the term. I hope that's not why the clip was such a rarity until now.
  18. M

    Rewatched A Very Merry Muppet Christmas

    You know, it's amazing that the Muppets still got to keep their theater... Pepe made it a historical landmark, meaning that it could never be torn down or changed regardless of who owns it... But Bitterman still owned the place, and the Muppets still hadn't paid their rent on time... She could...
  19. M

    Favorite Jerry Nelson Character

    My favorites are Herry Monster, Biff, Sam the Robot, Little Jerry, The Amazing Mumford, Scred, Beard, Louis Kazagger, Fleet Scribbler, Thog, Lew Zealand, and Crazy Harry.
  20. M

    what's the name of this christmas song?

    There's a great Christmas song that I keep hearing on the radio, but I don't know the title. The most common line is "Christmas", but I'm not sure if that is the title, and I can't tell who the singer is (I want to say a young Michale Jackson, but feel like that's wrong). A line from the...
Top