Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

wiley207

Reaction score
Here's an individual upload of the final Sesame Street News segment featuring Dr. Nobel Price, in English. I think this is probably the funniest one they did; hearing Richard Hunt performing Sherman the Hoppity Hop was fun, and it was great seeing Kermit get even more frustrated at Dr. Price than usual!

Note that I marked this as “Not for Kids,” only because this was originally made for kids in the 1980s, and those kids (like me) are all grown up now, and this is solely for the purpose of reliving childhood memories.
Interesting seeing a “Sesame Street News” segment from Season 15 (1983-84) using the larger mid-to-late 1970s “NEWS FLASH” logo at the start instead of the “flashing” variant used on most of the segments made during that time. I guess they used it so they could utilize Jerry Nelson’s announcer spiel introducing Dr. Nobel Price, and those prior segments also used the larger logo, but this one doesn’t fade to outside Dr. Nobel Price’s island laboratory the way the others do.

crackmaster

Reaction score
Note that I marked this as “Not for Kids,” only because this was originally made for kids in the 1980s, and those kids (like me) are all grown up now, and this is solely for the purpose of reliving childhood memories.
That's EXACTLY what Sesame Street uploaders need to be doing!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The thing of it is, SS was made for kids then, and it's still made for kids now; even SS's official YouTube channel marks their classic and old-school uploads as "made for kids" as well.

crackmaster

Reaction score
The thing of it is, SS was made for kids then, and it's still made for kids now; even SS's official YouTube channel marks their classic and old-school uploads as "made for kids" as well.
That's because they're actually aiming it at kids. We, on the other hand, target adults who want to relive their childhood.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
But since YT’s system for this is run by stupid robots, they’ll say it’s for kids and you’ll get fined $42000.

crackmaster

Reaction score
But since YT’s system for this is run by stupid robots, they’ll say it’s for kids and you’ll get fined $42000.
That only happened to the guy who made the SpongeBob anime AFAIK, people like me and Sesame Street uploaders probably are safe. YouTube's bots are so stupid they'll rarely do it.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That Sesame Street News segment is so awesome. I wasn't expecting Sherman to have a robotic-sounding voice.

In most of the Dr. Nobel Price segments, he covers his invention under a blue blanket, here it's a pink blanket. But it was three or four years since the previous News segments with Dr. Price, maybe they lost the blanket. And I figure most of the earlier ones were probably shot on the same day.

wiley207

Reaction score
In most of the Dr. Nobel Price segments, he covers his invention under a blue blanket, here it's a pink blanket. But it was three or four years since the previous News segments with Dr. Price, maybe they lost the blanket. And I figure most of the earlier ones were probably shot on the same day.
Yeah, with the exception of the "Talky Stick" one, since Jim Henson was probably unavailable at the time due to his busy schedule, so they came up with Warren Wolf (performed by Kevin Clash) as a substitute.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Surprising that Muppet Wiki doesn't have a page yet for "Spring Song", which is uploaded by Sesame Street's YouTube channel:
Also, very surprising that there were no mention of April showers nor May flowers.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Watching the Sherman the Hoppity Hop clip again, and I am now noticing that the seam that runs through the middle of Kermit's face is more noticeable than on the usual Kermit. Don't know if that's to emphasize that he's made like an invention (though I also notice it when he is moving) or if it could be Richard Hunt's performance. I wonder if that Kermit puppet was ever used again (probably).

Also, there's something that stands out the way Dr. Nobel Price addresses Kermit as "Mr. Frog". Don't know if it stands out because he's inventing him (but calling his invention a Hoppity Hop), I'm also wondering if this is the only time he's addressed Kermit by any kind of name (I don't recall him doing so in the Foot Snuggies or Poonga Poonga sketches, and there's two that most of us currently can't see in English).