Your Thoughts: Sesame Street YouTube marathon Friday November 15, 2019

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Exactly! I've recanted quite a few times in the live chat that they should do a Mister Rogers-esque Best Episodes of SS stream.
I don’t know whether that Toughpigs/Muppet Mindset Sesame Street poll from April was to help Sesame Workshop decide on anniversary things (but one of the Toughpigs guys works for Sesame Workshop so it’s a possibility), one of the survey questions was about episodes we’d like to see surface, I wondered if some of the episodes requested there would have been part of this (and maybe they’ll be part of the classic episodes airing on HBO Max soon). But I doubt many people who would participate in that poll would have requested such common episodes.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Only one episode worthy of seeing: The wedding episode. Never was a fan of the show's earliest years, and I absolutely hate many of the episodes in the 4000+ episode number range. Overall, a huge disappointment, and I am afraid the classic episodes available coming to HBO Max this spring will likely not have very much from the 1970s and 1980s to offer, maybe except for those that were released on iTunes and whatever was aired on Noggin.

Last edited:

ssetta

Reaction score
Only one episode worthy of seeing: The wedding episode. Never was a fan of the show's earliest years, and I absolutely hate many of the episodes in the 4000+ episode number range. Overall, a huge disappointment, and I am afraid the classic episodes available coming to HBO Max this spring will likely not has very much from the 1970s and 1980s to offer, maybe except for those that were released on iTunes and whatever was aired on Noggin.
And if that’s the case, I will probably want to throw the TV out the ******* window. I am really looking forward to it and it’s quite a bit of time away. And it’s possible that Sesame Street may not be on there at all until November when season 51 begins. But either way, even if they don’t have a lot from the 70s and 80s, it would be nice if they had a good amount of material from the 90s. So unless they have a good amount of classic material, I won’t be happy.

hooperfan

Reaction score
The way I see it is: Better to not have expectations be too high, for it's bound to be disappointing. I remember being really stoked about the Noggin channel, but was a bit disappointed at the small amount of retro episodes shown. It was better than nothing, of course, but silly me thought it was going to air much more, if not all

ssetta

Reaction score
The way I see it is: Better to not have expectations be too high, for it's bound to be disappointing. I remember being really stoked about the Noggin channel, but was a bit disappointed at the small amount of retro episodes shown. It was better than nothing, of course, but silly me thought it was going to air much more, if not all
You know, that is actually a very good way to put it. When I first heard that a new channel called Noggin was going to be showing old SS episodes, I didn't know exactly how many they would be showing. And I kind of got the impression that they would have access to the entire library, rather than just have selected episodes, and that's exactly what some of the sources I've read have said. I think the most accurate description I've read said, "a broad collection of selected episodes from the show's 50-year library." I just don't know exactly what they mean by "broad." But now that I think about it, that's exactly what Sesame Street Unpaved was.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
In the end, an entire library of every single episode is impossible and we just need to accept that. Rights issues with celebrities, music covers, controversial skits, etc. And it’s very costly and time consuming to upload them all to begin with.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
With Disney+ being recently launched, I thought it would be cool if SS could do something similar, but it's true that they'll most likely still have to worry about getting rights to certain episodes and stand alone inserts. But hey, a guy can dream.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I’m still hopeful that could change in the future, under the hopes that local PBS stations have master copies.