New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Convincing John

Reaction score
I like the road trip idea, too. I think a vacation movie might be fun. The Muppets at Walt Disney World was a good special. Bo dragging Miss Piggy on all those rides, Gonzo and Camilla exploring "Walt Disney's Laundry Land", plus you had Animal chasing Snow White around and a lot of other funny stuff.

It would be fun to see the Muppets doing a type of "National Lampoon's Vacation"-type of spoof. They couldn't afford to stay at Motel 6's, so they had to settle for a "Motel 3 1/4". Gonzo could drive for a while, ignore the map (we know he's a bad driver) and wind up at the Biggest ball of Twine in Minnesota, which he would be thrilled about. (Insert long-overdue Weird Al cameo here).

The writers could find all kinds of bizarre tourist traps that really exist across the USA and have a lot of fun with them (or make up their own). Kermit would try to keep everything under control and stay on track (as always). A lot of people could relate to that because the Muppets are a family and how many of us have gone on a family vacation where a lot of stuff went wrong?

They might or might not have a main antagonist. Heck, they didn't have one in Manhattan and it was still a good movie.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That sound just different enough from Muppets go to Walt Disney World, and both road movies (TMM, FTB) to work.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
That sound just different enough from Muppets go to Walt Disney World, and both road movies (TMM, FTB) to work.
It really wouldn't have to be all that different. I mean, how many "rally together to put on a show" projects have the Muppets done? The pitch is always identical, the execution is different. :rolleyes::stick_out_tongue:

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
Gonzo could drive for a while, ignore the map (we know he's a bad driver) and wind up at the Biggest ball of Twine in Minnesota, which he would be thrilled about. (Insert long-overdue Weird Al cameo here).
YES!!! Weird Al's 2003 Eminem parody "Couch Potato" (spoofing "Lose Yourself") name-checked "the Muppet Show where they go 'Mahna Mahna'" so it's time to return the favour!!!

Seriously, count me in on the "Muppet road trip" idea. One of the things I like the best about Muppet movies are the exterior shots where they're clearly mixing with "our" world. We saw bits and pieces of that in The Muppets but I hope to see much more of it in the new movie.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Honestly I don't think you CAN do anything that HASN'T already been done. There's only so many original stories so no matter what Nick and James decide it's more then likely gonna be something that The Muppets have already done or something similar to.

Status
Not open for further replies.