Sesame Street Classic Episodes Vol. 1 now available for download on iTunes and Amazon

The Mush

Reaction score
Hopefully, this'll spark more classic Sesame DVDs, like the Old School sets, but with more episodes, rather than season premires and selected sketches. Or more Old School. Hopefully both.

The Mush

Reaction score
i hope they add more episodes, i bought a few from itunes and I have the old school volume 2. Does anyone know if they will ever make a volume 3? I wonder why they don't release a few episodes per season on dvd? I mean they sort of did that with "old school" but more episodes would have been nice. And what about the eighties? Once you start watching classic sesame street a few episodes floating around won't do.
For some reason the Old School CDs follow a similar pattern

Feefle

Reaction score
Hello, it's my first post here!
I'm in the UK and have been trying to download these episodes all week. They're not available in the UK store, and so far trying to get a US itunes account has proved far too difficult for someone as bad with computers as me! Does anyone know of a way around this? I'm DESPERATE to own them!!

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
Wow! I've only just seen this thread. This looks great!

I hope they release this on DVD, or at least on UK iTunes :frown:

zns

Reaction score
Is there any way that shows can be copied on DVD? I don't have iTunes and I would love to see them for myself rather than just clips on youtube.

Sesame Skates

Reaction score
It's making me CRAZY that no one is cranking out any more Sesame 70s episodes! I bet the power$ that be weren't even BORN when these were big! All they care about is $$$$! :mad:

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's making me CRAZY that no one is cranking out any more Sesame 70s episodes! I bet the power$ that be weren't even BORN when these were big! All they care about is $$$$! :mad:
Naw... if they did, they'd probably sell more. There's clearly a market for classic Sesame Street material, and if it's digital downloads, they get that pesky problem of DVD releasing and having to deal with Brick and Mortar retailer that would rather just sell Blu-Ray copies of movies that just came out on DVD.

It's a very obvious problem. Sesame Street has well over 4000 episodes, at least 1315 of them from the 70's, and most of them reruns with new footage. Not to mention they must have to pay some royalties for celebrity appearances. It's not so much a matter of money as a matter of hassle. I'm sure SW would find a better way to get some of these out, but at the time being this was a testing the waters release.