Threadless Muppet T-Shirt Design Challenge

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sigh, I got the rejection email saying my entry was not up to snuff. I'm stuck at work till pretty late tonight, so I won't be able make alterations...though I honestly don't know what I would do differently. if it's ok with you guys, I would like to post what my entry was in this thread later on when I'm not posting from my phone :wink:
So, it's not as good as someone stealing the Movie poster and making it look ugly and scratchy?

I am starting to question their regulations of what an acceptible entry is.

Glad I didn't bother submitting one.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
i tried uploading and it also said it was not good then i looked at the site and there was one with sesame street characters and photo shopped muppets and then mine with a muppet show/tonight charcater gets rejected cause its blurred lies though a lot are great some i have put as my background on my computer

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I'm out, so I've thrown all my support behind Jamie. It's a great shirt, he's a great artist, and I hope to God he wins!

I'm okay with not winning. I will admit that my ego is a little bruised from all the ones I got though.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I'm out, so I've thrown all my support behind Jamie. It's a great shirt, he's a great artist, and I hope to God he wins!

I'm okay with not winning. I will admit that my ego is a little bruised from all the ones I got though.
don't take it personally vic! haters got to hate, everyone has been getting a lot of 0nes. probably a bit of people trying to keep other's scores down. bad form.
there are some really great designs in this challenge. jamie's IS spectacular! may the best shirt win...

thanks to all who have supported my design!
http://disney.threadless.com/themuppets/subs/#/submission/1221/
I agree. 98% of the entries didn't deserve a single "1" and the work both of you submitted knocks my socks off! 5's all the way! Amazing stuff that still has me shaking in my boots. I admit that my design took over 24 hours over 6 days time to research sketch out by hand and draft in Illustrator and I recognize that same kind of time and attention went into yours as well. Several other entries too. Nobody's landed yet! :cool: One thing online culture has taught me is that it's anybody's game up to the finish line!

j3h

Reaction score
LOL ... I actually wouldn't mind a t-shirt of j3h's avatar. :smile:
Ha! Thanks.
My (rejected) design is an Uncle Deadly shirt. I'll post it here later tonight...I'm curious if you guys think it would be just as worthy as the "scratchy poster" one. (yeah, that's the one that got me kinda grumpy)

j3h

Reaction score
Ok, got home a hair earlier than I thought I would and I just quickly put together a different version of the persentation slide, so hopefully that was the issue. But anyway, here is my design on the original rejected slide (I did not alter the artwork for the re-submit)

so where did I go wrong? For the new slide, I put together a less busy version with only 1 model, which I used more croped/close up to better show off the art.

But hey, maybe tomorrow I'll get added. :smile:

TSSD

Reaction score
Ok, got home a hair earlier than I thought I would and I just quickly put together a different version of the persentation slide, so hopefully that was the issue. But anyway, here is my design on the original rejected slide (I did not alter the artwork for the re-submit)

so where did I go wrong? For the new slide, I put together a less busy version with only 1 model, which I used more croped/close up to better show off the art.

But hey, maybe tomorrow I'll get added. :smile:
HOW did they reject that, but not some of the other crud that they put up. That's really good!

TSSD

Reaction score
i tried uploading and it also said it was not good then i looked at the site and there was one with sesame street characters and photo shopped muppets and then mine with a muppet show/tonight charcater gets rejected cause its blurred lies though a lot are great some i have put as my background on my computer
That's too bad. Think you could post yours so we could see what they looked like?