Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

MuppetMazz

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea of when the hard cover TPB is getting released? I preordered on Amazon and I see that the paperback TPB has been released and I would have assumed they would come out together. Just curious!

Thanks!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Welp, if PegLeg Wilson 2 is now out, time for the variant cover!

Simpler design than some of my other covers, but the deadline was tight and I think Roger has the lock on 'chaotic cover art' for the time being :wink:
I particularly think your Piggy images capture so much of her inner gorgeousness!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So... Anyone have the lo' down on Creepy McBoo?

Drtooth

Reaction score
So... Anyone have the lo' down on Creepy McBoo?
...'DOH! I forgot... gimme a second...

Ah yes... short answer Muppet Snidely Whiplash, long answer...

He'd be a blue green anything muppet and possibly the same shape and make as the Count, with the same pointy ears.he has very shifty eyes that are half opened in a scowl most of the time with a snide, evil looking toothy grin. He has a Snidely mustache and a blue vertical oval nose that's a slightly darker blue green... though, in one panel it turned red inexplicably (coloring error, I suppose). He wears darker blue green gloves, has a red magician's cape a black top hat with a brown band and he wears a brown suit. Oh, and he appears to hunch over when he walks.

As for the issue itself, another great one. Pigs in Space is noticeably missing, but I don't mind. Seems there was a lot more plot than sketches in this issue. We got to see Bunsen and Beaker experiment on Animal, we got that hilarious Machu Pichu skit ("He's only got one hit in him!") and Bear on patrol.

We also learn the truth about Kermit's double (though a little anti-climactic) and we get to meet a new jugband who saves the last number.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
As for the issue itself, another great one. Pigs in Space is noticeably missing, but I don't mind. Seems there was a lot more plot than sketches in this issue. We got to see Bunsen and Beaker experiment on Animal, we got that hilarious Machu Pichu skit ("He's only got one hit in him!") and Bear on patrol.

We also learn the truth about Kermit's double (though a little anti-climactic) and we get to meet a new jugband who saves the last number.
I don't know if you saw the recent interview with Roger Langridge at Tough Pigs, but there Langridge said that after the Pigs in Space one-shot he'll have the sketch appear less often. I wonder if a Pigs in Space sketch might have been in the comic
and then dropped for space.

It is a shame that it includes a new jugband as opposed to one of the twoe xisting ones, but at least it does include a hillbilly who actually appeared on the show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
So... uh... any idea when Robin Hood 4 comes out?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Comic Book Resources has a preview for Muppet Robin Hood. This one includes appearances by Beauregard and Fleet Scribbler, and also has a reference to Muppet Peter Pan.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wednesday! :insatiable: Already pre-ordered mine! :big_grin: So glad that it's coming to an end so Peter Pan can finally begin!
Ah Good... somehow I thought it came out last Wednesday, and I was wondering why I wasn't finding it. Didn't wanna go crazy looking for something that isn't even out yet.