Comics?

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
And the most underrated comic book of all time? Flaming Carrot, which has been under many publishers, most recently Image. That book is so incredibly weird and funny. It's my second favorite comic after Hellboy.
I remember reading about that comic in a class once. It may have been on the final exam. I can't remember. Either way, it looked funny!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I say, for comics I like satire... and weirdness... and those well illustraited European ones.

Some of my favorites-

Lucky Luke, the French Cowboy comic where all the famous characters of western lore are totally torn down to size. Billy the Kid becomes a whiney, snotty little bratty bully kid who everyone besides Luke is afraid of.

Asterix the Gaul. By Toutatis... beautiful illustraitions, a nice storybook like quality... vaugely hidden social commentary and the animated movies all seem to rival Disney.

Scrooge McDuck... usually the ones by Carl Barks are my favorites, but I'm also really into the ones done by Don Rosa as well.

Kinnikuman and Ultimate Muscle... I just wouldn't be me if I didn't mention these two. KINNIKUBUSTER!

TMNT- again, I wouldn't be me if I didn't mention the original and Archie published versions of the green team.

The Tick- the comics have a more gritty reality to them than the Fox Kids show. Plus we missed out on great characters like Chainsaw Vigilante and Paul the Samurai.

One Piece. Another Japanese favorite of mine, allong with Dr. Slump and the original Dragon Ball (no Z for me).

yetiman

Reaction score
I've never really gotten into comic books, but I'm a big fan of Calvin and Hobbes, and recently, Pearls Before Swine. There was one called Citizen Dog that I used to like, too. My local newspaper stopped publishing it, though, and I don't know what happened to it.

Did anyone ever watch the Garfield cartoon in the earlie 90's?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Did I? I'm not sure what you are referring too, but I loved an am a huge fan of the Garfield cartoon!

Archie is just so much fun to read! I love those comics so much. I get one when ever I can and I have a bi-jillion digest at home!

lowercasegods

Reaction score
I say, for comics I like satire... and weirdness... and those well illustraited European ones.

Some of my favorites-

Lucky Luke, the French Cowboy comic where all the famous characters of western lore are totally torn down to size. Billy the Kid becomes a whiney, snotty little bratty bully kid who everyone besides Luke is afraid of.

Asterix the Gaul. By Toutatis... beautiful illustraitions, a nice storybook like quality... vaugely hidden social commentary and the animated movies all seem to rival Disney.

Scrooge McDuck... usually the ones by Carl Barks are my favorites, but I'm also really into the ones done by Don Rosa as well.

Kinnikuman and Ultimate Muscle... I just wouldn't be me if I didn't mention these two. KINNIKUBUSTER!

TMNT- again, I wouldn't be me if I didn't mention the original and Archie published versions of the green team.

The Tick- the comics have a more gritty reality to them than the Fox Kids show. Plus we missed out on great characters like Chainsaw Vigilante and Paul the Samurai.

One Piece. Another Japanese favorite of mine, allong with Dr. Slump and the original Dragon Ball (no Z for me).
Did you get to read "The Life And Times Of Scrooge McDuck" by Don Rosa? I thought that was very well done, and a terrific read! I also heard recently that Don had to have some serious eye surgery, which may prevent him from ever drawing again. That would be terrible for him, and a terrible loss for us fans of his work!

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I heard that Don Rosa retired in part because the pay was bad as well. It's a shame that Disney underpaid such a talented and beloved artist.

I really want to read The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck. I'm just not sure where to get it.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
I heard that Don Rosa retired in part because the pay was bad as well. It's a shame that Disney underpaid such a talented and beloved artist.

I really want to read The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck. I'm just not sure where to get it.
Any comic shop should have it, or you can order it through any chain book store, like Barnes and Noble or Borders.

Rosa actually made his money through his various publishers. He had at least one publisher here in the states, and a couple from different parts of Europe, since Scrooge is huge in Europe. I'll have to look into why he retired, if he did. I was sure his eye surgery had something to do with it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Did you get to read "The Life And Times Of Scrooge McDuck" by Don Rosa? I thought that was very well done, and a terrific read! I also heard recently that Don had to have some serious eye surgery, which may prevent him from ever drawing again. That would be terrible for him, and a terrible loss for us fans of his work!
I have to get around to buying that some time. I've read some of it once, I think.. but man, Rosa and Barks were just the tops. There are a lot of other great writers and artists out there who work on Disney comics.

I do want to get the "Ducktales" graphic novel reprints of all the Barks stories they used to make the Ducktales episodes.

Kiki

Reaction score
Just rembered one I should have posted previously: Footrot Flats! I love Footrot Flats, and so do my Aunts and sister. The movie was hilarious, and I get all of the rural humor, and the sheep jokes. Ah, New Zealand will you ever change?
Dude! Footrot Flats, I love that comic! I got some from my Grandma and Grandpa years ago, and I still love reading 'em. The movie is also funny, I love the humour, as well as the artwork.

S'more:

Richie Rich ('cause I'm cool like that), Tintin, TMNT, Hopeless Savages, I Love Led Zeppelin, and even Gene Simmons and Stephen King ones!