Comics?

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Since it doesn't seem like we've had a comics thread in recent history, I figured I would start one.

I assume there are at least some sequential art enthusiasts here. What kind of comics do you like? Newspaper strips? Superhero comics? Manga? Web-comics? The infinite canvas?

I'm a bit stretched for time at the moment myself, so I'll post my opinions later.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I like comics of many kinds; naturally the funny papers being one kind, my favorite newspaper comicstrip is Get Fuzzy, I already have the first three treasury books, and I hear a fourth one is already out... maybe I'll ask for it for Christmas.

Comic books are another kind of comic I like, BUT, I kind be picky about them... the only comic books I ever read were the Cartoon Cartoons series that was in publication by DC Comics from March of 2001 to the summer of 2004 (before DC frogged it up and revamped it to Cartoon Network Block Party). My favorite issues include the stories that feature Courage the Cowardly Dog and Ed, Edd n Eddy.

Webcomics are different. There have been only three webcomics over the years that have captured my attention. One was a VERY short-lived series called LOGJAM about a talking pine tree, it was really funny, and really cute, but I don't know what happened to it; another webcomic I liked at first was Simply Sarah, about an English girl named Sarah who had to deal with being a lesbian, and trying hard not to lose her lover; I stopped reading it because after a while, the whole making religious people evil was kind of insulting (even though Jehovah's Witnesses really IS more a cult, than a religion); lastly, there's IDGet, which I've been reading faithfully for about three years now, and continue to read to this day.

hoopless

Reaction score
I enjoy a good comic or few. I'm only just beginning to learn my way around a few and some graphic novels. there's one particular guy who has yet to do something that hasn't put a smile on my face who goes by the name of jamie smart. most of his stuff has quite a dark humour but there's a weekly webcomic he's been doing for a while at whubble.net that is just good clean fun.

i tend to pick what i will read from the images more than any obvious plot because i frankly don't care if there is no story as long as the images are something special. i'm enjoying the Kabuki series by david mack right now because of the unconventional layouts, something jamie does too but in a less artistic more random scribble kind of way.

Pork

Reaction score
Well I have loved reading comics over the years.
My favourites include

Hagar the Horrible
Wizard of Id
Garfield
Betty and Veronica

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I used to read the funnies all the time, but now I've somewhat slowed down, reading only on occasion. My favorites are Calvin and Hobbes, Sherman's Lagoon, Mother Goose & Grimm and the Peanuts.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Man, Sherman's Lagoon didn't last in our papers. :frown:

Telly

Reaction score
I used to be HUGE into DC's Robin and Nightwing comics 10 years ago.

Now I'm into Ultimate Spider-man, Ultimate X-Men, and Ultimate Fantastic Four.

I enjoyed Bone by Jeff Smith.

I'm still an avid fan of Howard the Duck.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I love manga. My faveroites are Bleach, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Inuyasha. Tokyopop also makes a manga based on the videogame Kingdom Hearts that I like also. But I also like regular comics such as Peanuts and Garfeild.

Kiki

Reaction score
My brother and I are obsessed with comics! I have a pretty diverse taste when it comes to comics, I enjoy:
  • The Marvel superhero comics (you know the ones);
  • DC comics, especially Batman and Superman (my Dad used to have the first few Superman comics- but he got rid of them! :eek:)
  • Old Disney comics like Super Goof, etc;
  • Blondie! I have a Blondie comic from 1959 still;
  • Those really random KISS cult comic where they're, like, superheroes;
  • Ghost-World and other alternative comics like that;
  • Sonic comics (my brother has his from the mid-90s);
  • Simpsons comics;
  • love the Archie's :big_grin:;
  • Garfield. Who doesn't love Garfied?
  • Robert Crumb comics. Yeah, they are cheeky, but the art is brilliant!;
  • I'm more into western stuff, but anime is great too, I like Pokemon, Hellsing, Fruit Basket, Sailor Moon, etc.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I love those KISS comics! They are so cheesy they're funny! Other than that, Tintin is the only other comic I like, And I've read all of the Tintin ones, and most in french and in english.