Disney greenlights "The Muppet Show" comics

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUPPETMONKEY

Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHA! Oh my GOODNESS! That is GORGEOUS! It's HILARIOUS! My gosh! I LOVE it! Your work is so awesome, sir! I can't get enough of it! The expressions are just priceless and perfect and--AH! I LOVE it! Thank you for posting your portfolio at Boom Studios! They need to see your work!
Thanks! Glad you like it. Yeah, the portfolio it's up there. Let's see what happens.
:wink:

MUPPETMONKEY

Reaction score
These are so beautiful. The style fits (I can even overlook the extra fourth finger on Gonzo here :wink:) because it's in a classic Tex Avery/Chuck Jones tradition that suits the Muppets' humor nicely.

I'd love to see what you'd do with the Electric Mayhem - especially Janice. :flirt: I wish I had your skills. You can even give Kermit teeth and it looks right! Five Stars...er...Kermits!
Four fingers! AGH! Must've been the force of habit!
Glad you like the strips and the cartoony look:big_grin:

SgtGonzoPepper

Reaction score
Hey, I'm not sure if someone else has asked this, (I'm in a hurry, and don't have time to read this whole thread. :eek:) but are these going to be sold at places like Borders?

*Sorry if someone already asked this.*

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Four fingers! AGH! Must've been the force of habit!
Glad you like the strips and the cartoony look:big_grin:
Everyone I've shown your Muppet work has loved it and immediately connected the classic Warner Brothers style (with your modern and disctinct flare, of course) to it. The Jones & Avery style and humor is an very good fit for the Muppet gang.

I've noticed many fans still give Gonzo the extra digit. It took me a while to actually notice that, but your designs are fantastic! I still would love to see some other characters. That Sweetums kicks a**! I'm wondering what an Uncle Deadly would look like. :smile:

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Hey, I'm not sure if someone else has asked this, (I'm in a hurry, and don't have time to read this whole thread. :eek:) but are these going to be sold at places like Borders?

*Sorry if someone already asked this.*
I'd bet that once they're collected into a trade paperback they'll be sold at Borders. Borders doesn't tend to sell a lot if any single comic book issues.

SgtGonzoPepper

Reaction score
I'd bet that once they're collected into a trade paperback they'll be sold at Borders. Borders doesn't tend to sell a lot if any single comic book issues.
Thank you. Good point too. I usually buy trade paperbacks there. It'd be nice to add the Muppets to my comics (Being born after the 80's has cursed me there). I can't wait for this new comic. I actually have some love for this new look to them. I love the normal designs, but I've seen those before literally about a thousand times. Gonzo does look strange, but on the variant cover he looked better to me. So did Rowlf. He looked fantastic on the variant. Much rounder, and less lemon-shaped than the other cover.

unclematt

Reaction score
I have decided to take a new out look on this comic book. It is something Muppet and therfore I will support it 110%. I may not agree with some of the designs but I will stand behind them.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I have decided to take a new out look on this comic book. It is something Muppet and therfore I will support it 110%. I may not agree with some of the designs but I will stand behind them.
I don't think you have to turn a completely blind eye to the things you dislike about the designs... if we did, then Langridge would never hear the true fan's opinions and, as it appears he's doing now, listen to them. I think you can be supportive of this comic while still being disappointed by some of the designs. That's how I feel, anyway. :big_grin:

MUPPETMONKEY

Reaction score
Paul Morrissey, editor from Boom Studios contacted me for a special variant cover for the first Muppet Show comic book. The cover will be made exclusively for Meltdown Comics. So those down in LA be sure to stop by and reserve your copy.:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.