Muppet Central "I Love the 80's!"

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Major oops! This some came was fell off three weeks after I was born and is was replaced by "Let's Dance" by David Bowie.:embarrassed:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Personally, I prefer "Eat It" by Weird Al Yankovic, lol!

Redsonga

Reaction score
Personally, I prefer "Eat It" by Weird Al Yankovic, lol!
Meh, the parodies are nice and all, but if I am going to listen to any song over and over again I'd rather have the real song :smile:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I am proud to be an 80's baby. This thread is making me all nostalgic for my childhood!

Couple comments on things I've read:

SSLfan - Yes the Met Center is closed, it was tore down to make room for what is now the Mall of America. I live in MN and saw many a SS Live show when I was young, I even saw a couple of the practice runs at a local arena because I believe the company that produces it is based here.

I forget who asked about Mousercize, but I do remember that show, along with other old Disney Channel favorites like Dumbo's Circus and Welcome to Pooh Corner.

Redsonga - I had Rainbow Brite dolls, Strawberry Shortcake dolls, My Little Ponies and Care Bears too. I still have most of them in a box at my parents house.

I think the 80's was a great time to be a kid. I'm probably biased just because I was a kid in the 80's, but I still think it was a good time to be a kid.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Since we're naming songs based on the year we were born, I was born in 1981 so the #1 song during the early part of December of 1981 was Physical by Olivia Newton-John.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Yep, I think that was the number one song the day I was born too Ry - Nov 25th, 1981. Lovely, isn't it?

SSLFan

Reaction score
I am proud to be an 80's baby. This thread is making me all nostalgic for my childhood!

Couple comments on things I've read:

SSLfan - Yes the Met Center is closed, it was tore down to make room for what is now the Mall of America. I live in MN and saw many a SS Live show when I was young, I even saw a couple of the practice runs at a local arena because I believe the company that produces it is based here.
Wow. You saw some of the practice shows? Sweet.:cool:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Yeah, someone my aunt knew was able to get us in once or twice. I saw "When I Grow Up" and I think it was called "Elmo's First Day of School" in practice runs.