Muppet Central "I Love the 80's!"

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I got a high score on a pinball machine once, but I couldnt figure out how to enter my name :stick_out_tongue:
I wish I knew exactly what you meant. I have to see a machine to figure it before. I've played them lots of times but I don't remember want to was supposed to be done regrading your name.:smirk:

SSLFan

Reaction score
Okay, another interesting thing that came out of the 80's was my namesake, or better known as Sesame Street Live. The first ever Sesame Street Live show performed, entitled A Sesame Street Mystery: The Case of the Missing Rara Avis, opened at the Met Center(which I hear is now closed) in Minnesota. And now, over 28 years later, over 46 million people have experienced "the Sesame Street Live story," myself included.:smile:

Aside from SSL, Sesame Place, a theme park based on the famous street, opened in Langhorne, Pennsylvania in 1980.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
1984 and 1985 were two big years for us muppet fans.

For one thing, 1984 saw The Muppets Take Manhattan, the last theatrical muppet movie that was produced before Jim's passing (I mean strictly muppet, because I realize Labyrinth came out in 1986); meanwhile, 1985 saw the very first Sesame Street movie ever: Sesame Street Presents: Follow That Bird!

SSLFan

Reaction score
In 1981 we also got The Great Muppet Caper too.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
The thing that usually pops into my mind about the 80s is the Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles.

Rapheal was my favorite and probably bought the same figures at least three times of TMNT.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
During the 80's, we had two rivals competing for the hearts(and profits, lol) of little children. Who? You might ask? Well, Showbiz Pizza Place and Chuck E. Cheese Pizza Time Theater. Ultimately, the "Big C" came out on top, espically when Concept Unification kicked in.

:stick_out_tongue:

And on a side note, anyone remember Uncle Klunck? He looks like a guy I would have loved to hate! lol.:big_grin:
The main guy who created the Showbiz Pizza robots had a fallout with the Showbiz Pizza executives. From my understanding they wanted to do away with Chuck E Cheese altogether, but because of the fallout, they did the Concept Unification and Chuck E Cheese and his pals prevailed while The Rock-afire Explosion left the stage.

But the 80's had some great tv shows. Here's a little rap from the guys on Perfect Strangers and Head Of The Class.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXOa-WE0l2M

HBO 1983 intro!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1NKoMNy5bY

ngreen522

Reaction score
I always wanted to be one of the Kids on KIDS INCORPRATED.
and, did anyone else get up at 6am every morning to "Mousercise" with the Disney Channel?

ngreen522

Reaction score
Escape to Witch Mountain came on the Hallmark channel yesterday. I loved that movie in the 80's, even though I think it was released in 70's