The Dark Knight thread.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Then it is your choice to join in or move on. You are not the arbiter of fun. There are other threads. Playing devil's advocate gets tiresome. :zany:
Exactly! And Pooh... I really hate to tell you this, but lately that's what you've been doing every time you post. I understand if you posting that is your own opinion and I would LOVE for you to post that! But when you contradict yourself by playing devil's advocate, as Jamie said, it really does get old... I'm not trying to be harsh or mean, I promise.

Anyway... on topic: That is AWESOME that Michael Caine said that Johnny and Phillip Seymour Hoffman are cast. Totally cool. I'll believe whatever Michael Caine says. :stick_out_tongue:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Then it is your choice to join in or move on. You are not the arbiter of fun. There are other threads. The devil's advocate thing gets tiresome. :zany:
I never meant to offend. It seems I keep sticking my foot in my mouth lately. I deeply apologize. :frown:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I never meant to offend. It seems I keep sticking my foot in my mouth lately. I deeply apologize. :frown:
No problem. I just like to discuss possibilities more than just limitations. As Muppet fans we have learned to deflate our expectations and with good reason. But things change.

theprawncracker said:
That is AWESOME that Michael Caine said that Johnny and Phillip Seymour Hoffman are cast. Totally cool. I'll believe whatever Michael Caine says. :stick_out_tongue:
I would be inclined to believe Caine too, but since Hoffman denied it I don't know what to think. My thought is that Nolan and WB are planning this out and these actors are their first choices. Mine too. Johnny Depp and Phillip Seymor Hoffman have proven they can be subtle, over the top and everywhere in between.

If Hoffman passes on the Penguin I have some other personal choices. Years ago some people wanted Robin Williams for a comedic Joker or Riddler, but he might make a good serious and dark Penguin. Also, Bob Hoskins' name has been blogged about here and there for the role. I like that too. I still prefer a younger Cobblepot as he is the fun house mirror reflection of Bruce Wayne.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oooooh! ! ! Robin Williams would be an AWESOME Penguin! That would be super cool.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Oooooh! ! ! Robin Williams would be an AWESOME Penguin! That would be super cool.
Indeed. He's proven that he could do comedic roles, serious roles, and even a mix of both (as seen in the family films Mrs. Doubtfire and Jack, & especially so in the R-rated film, Death to Smoochy, etc.).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Years ago some people wanted Robin Williams for a comedic Joker or Riddler, but he might make a good serious and dark Penguin. Also, Bob Hoskins' name has been blogged about here and there for the role. I like that too. I still prefer a younger Cobblepot as he is the fun house mirror reflection of Bruce Wayne.
Of course, Robin passed the Riddle job down... hense why they went with Carey... of course, that was my understanding.

Bob Hoskins might be a better Penguin than Hoffman, dispite not being as young. At least in my eyes

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I love it when the pot is stirred! It is a lot of fun seeing guessing what id going to happen next!:excited:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I love it when the pot is stirred!
That reminds me of the nursery rhyme:

Some like it hot
Some like it cold
Some like in the pot nine days old

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Okay...

I here they are going to re-releases this movie in January so it can get Oscar consideration.