Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Just makin' sure. On the contrary here writer director Segel's going back to the Muppet roots before they lost their way in space, snarkiness and classic literature. :flirt: :sing:
I think the last one is the most dangerous one to get lost in. :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think the last one is the most dangerous one to get lost in. :stick_out_tongue:
Hey, as long as the Muppets are the stars of the picture, and they don't have to play second (or in MCC's case Third) to a bunch of celebs (no matter how talented they are), I'm excited for it.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
:smile: If the characters weren't rebuilt the film would look like a Muppet zombie picture. :eek:
Muppet Zombies!

Marvel Zombies better run away! :smile:

I saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Cute film, and very funny. Obviously quite adult in nature, but he tells a good story that doesn't have plot holes in it. I feel confident he can deliver a good Muppet movie for us, especially in that he is a fan himself.

pattywack

Reaction score
Yeah I saw it recently, loved it. It was hilarious, had me in stitches. When I saw it I didn't know about Segel helming the new muppet movie so didn't look out for anything in particular. The Muppet part was all right, but I wasn't seeing it for that.

unclematt

Reaction score
I will be looking for any and all Muppet references

dwayne1115

Reaction score
You all bring up a good point about this Movie bringing back some Muppets we may have not seen for a long time. I have been thinking about this a lot though, and I have a thought to share with you all.
If they bring back some of the TMS Muppets that have not been around for sevral years, and they have differemt Perfomers how are us die hard fans going to take to there new voices and maybe even new personalitys? For as far back as 1990 when Jim and Richard passed away some fans have had a hard time dealing with some of the new prefomers voice of Jim's and Richard's Muppets. There are some very talented Muppeters who I feel would do great at alot of not only Jim's and Richard's Muppets, but Frank's and even Jerry's. I honestly think that it is high time for Muppets like Rowlf Dr. Theeth, Floyd, Janice, Robin Scooter The Newsman and so many otheres to be broght back with a new prefromer to bring a new type of energy to the Muppets. The voices will always be a little off and sometimes the Muppets will not do what we think there origanal preformer would have them do, but I feel let the newer Muppeters do what they are good at, and bring back our beloved Muppets we grew up with. I think we don't need new Muppets We really need to rebuild the old TMS Muppets to what they where before 1990.
This is just my thought I would love to know what some of you think on this.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah I really don't mind if voices are occasionally off, as long as the original personality and humor is there.

pattywack

Reaction score
Hmm yeah well I definitley want to see all of the muppets, I've missed so many of them. New voices, yes we'd obviously have to get them, but honestly I don't like thinking about it too much because it's so easy to go wrong. I dunno, I just have to leave my faith with Segel and Stoller to make it right!

Beauregard- Love the choice of your user name! I love Beau and miss him very much!

unclematt

Reaction score
You all bring up a good point about this Movie bringing back some Muppets we may have not seen for a long time. I have been thinking about this a lot though, and I have a thought to share with you all.
If they bring back some of the TMS Muppets that have not been around for sevral years, and they have differemt Perfomers how are us die hard fans going to take to there new voices and maybe even new personalitys? For as far back as 1990 when Jim and Richard passed away some fans have had a hard time dealing with some of the new prefomers voice of Jim's and Richard's Muppets. There are some very talented Muppeters who I feel would do great at alot of not only Jim's and Richard's Muppets, but Frank's and even Jerry's. I honestly think that it is high time for Muppets like Rowlf Dr. Theeth, Floyd, Janice, Robin Scooter The Newsman and so many otheres to be broght back with a new prefromer to bring a new type of energy to the Muppets. The voices will always be a little off and sometimes the Muppets will not do what we think there origanal preformer would have them do, but I feel let the newer Muppeters do what they are good at, and bring back our beloved Muppets we grew up with. I think we don't need new Muppets We really need to rebuild the old TMS Muppets to what they where before 1990.
This is just my thought I would love to know what some of you think on this.
I could not agree more. Very well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.