Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if Segal can convince Disney to rebuild any Muppet that is no longe rusable. It's be great if Thog was rebuilt just for this.

And I'm hoping that Lips, Seymour, and Digit get to be in the film somehow.

Jason Segal seems to be a big Muppet fan. I wonder if we should find some way to quiz him just to see how big a fan he is (maybe someday he'll become a member of Muppet Central, or be interviewed for The MuppetCast).

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I could even picture him writing a post card to Gobo about it in the scene.
You know, ever since I've seen that pic with the F5 huddled around a laptop ... I realized that nowadays Matt would probably just have a youtube blog. :big_grin:

unclematt

Reaction score
I would love to see some Muppets rebuilt specifically for this movie.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I'm with you too Matt. I would love to see some older characters be re-furmished for this film and hope they would be alive once again even after the film. Like in a new series or DVD releases.

unclematt

Reaction score
I dont even need them to have speaking roles I just want to see them on the screen again. It was like when I was so excited to see Link Hogthrob in MTI. It was unexpected and very enjoyable.

pattywack

Reaction score
Hmmm you mean rebuilt? Heck I hope not. This seems like the first muppet project that might be good in a while, so for now I think they should keep everything the same. Maybe next time. IMO anyway :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Hmmm you mean rebuilt? Heck I hope not. This seems like the first muppet project that might be good in a while, so for now I think they should keep everything the same. Maybe next time. IMO anyway
:smile: Hi and welcome to the forum. It's a little-known fact that the Muppet puppets have to be rebuilt every several months because the materials degrade quickly. Older Muppet characters that haven't been used in a long time (like Annie Sue, Dr. Julius Strangepork and Uncle Deadly) would likely need to be entirely rebuilt. That's what is being discussed here - not some redeisgn of the Muppets. If the characters weren't rebuilt the film would look like a Muppet zombie picture. :eek: Hope that helps. :wink:

pattywack

Reaction score
:smile: Hi and welcome to the forum. It's a little-known fact that the Muppet puppets have to be rebuilt every several months because the materials degrade quickly. Older Muppet characters that haven't been used in a long time (like Annie Sue, Dr. Julius Strangepork and Uncle Deadly) would likely need to be entirely rebuilt. That's what is being discussed here - not some redeisgn of the Muppets. If the characters weren't rebuilt the film would look like a Muppet zombie picture. :eek: Hope that helps.
**** yes I know, sorry about me misunderstanding. I thought you just mean in particular changing things in an obvious way, my bad! I get you know, and yes it would be exciting :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
**** yes I know, sorry about me misunderstanding. I thought you just mean in particular changing things in an obvious way, my bad! I get you know, and yes it would be exciting :smile:
Just makin' sure. On the contrary here writer director Segel's going back to the Muppet roots before they lost their way in space, snarkiness and classic literature. :flirt: :sing:

Status
Not open for further replies.