Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I just read that Fozzie and Kermit will be making an appearnce on
The View on May 21. It's weird but that's what i read. So i'm glad to see them coming on and talking about the DVD. I hope to maybe hear some stuff about the new movie or something to that extent.

And yes i would love to see Frank do Fozzie but i'm not crossing my heart or anything else becaue like Frogboy has said i'm glad to have Eric do Fozzie. He's really getting good at it. And his Piggy too.

pattywack

Reaction score
OH MY GOD!

Ok I'm sorry that I am INCREDIBLY late to find this out, but I have and I can't put into words how happy I am not just that they're making a movie, but that I have such a good feeling and Segel really seems to get the Muppets.

This is such good news that I could cry. I'm so excited :big_grin:

IgorPonweed

Reaction score
I had a dream last night where two people wanted me to hear an original song for the new movie, and it was rainbow connection. But I didn't care that it was not an original song, I was just happy to see them again. Does anyone think that this maybe something we've seen before, but don't want to acknowledge?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I was just over at the Muppet cast site and Steve had an story that Segel has got a part for none other the CHARLES GRODEN! he also said that there is going to be parts where there are going to be a lot of Muppets so there could be from Gonzo to the Grouch. Does he mean he is going to get the Sesame Street and Othere JHC Muppets in this wow!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I was just over at the Muppet cast site and Steve had an story that Segel has got a part for none other the CHARLES GRODEN! he also said that there is going to be parts where there are going to be a lot of Muppets so there could be from Gonzo to the Grouch. Does he mean he is going to get the Sesame Street and Othere JHC Muppets in this wow!
A link to the original article with this story was posted awhile back, I guess you missed it. But I HIGHLY doubt that the Sesame Muppets will be in it, I think the writer just used Grouch to make a point. But who knows, anything can happen. :sing:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:concern: Considering Segel's admiration for the original trilogy in which all of the films contained Sesame Street cameos (the Grouch was in all three) that maybe he'll try for SS cameos. We know how persuasive he was to Disney, maybe he can bridge Disney and Sesame Workshop...possibly Henson too? Heck, if it can be done Segel will get it done. I’m not holding my breath. I too felt the statement seemed to be written by somebody who doesn’t understand the separation of Muppet properties. Still, at this point I wouldn’t count :batty: anything out.

unclematt

Reaction score
What statement are you talking about. I had mentioned earlier that the magic of the Muppet crossover is going to be lost. Is that what you are talking about.

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
In Hollywood we have an old saying that is so true. "Anything can happen in Hollywood!"

I hope that along with pulling muppets from say sesame street or etc. that segel concentrates more on pulling muppets from the early days that we never see anymore. Even if they are in the scene but don't have dialogue - muppets such as Wayne & Wanda, Annie Sue Pig, Uncle Deadly, Thog, Doglion, Afghan Hound, Gaffer, The Bouncing Borcellino Brothers, The Fazoobs...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
What statement are you talking about. I had mentioned earlier that the magic of the Muppet crossover is going to be lost. Is that what you are talking about.
I am discussing the press statement many of us had been talking about and was again being discussed in the post right before mine. My statement was in no way a commentary on your post or fandom. You must have skimmed through and missed that. It happens. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.