Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Gonzo...In space...

OMG...

LOVE. IT.

On the other hand, I do hope they deal with the broken-up Muppets without forcing them into a weird break-up like in Scooby Doo.

I honestly think the Muppets would have naturally moved on anyway, and, looking at Mwoo, they didn't quite seem comfortable with each other...so maybe that's because they had broken up and were forced back together to film it?

-- On the other hand, Muppets.com established them together in a boarding house with an elevator...or at the Muppet studeos...

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
Yeah it could be cool. When I first thought about them being spread out everywhere I thought that Piggy would be a washed up star in Hollywood or even in rehab (talk about current)...

Oh, and I thought of the PERFECT guest star that I definitely would love to see in it who has worked with the muppets before:

Jennifer Saunders - the funniest comedian/writer today!

MWoO

Reaction score
Piggy in Rehab would be a bit much considering what it implies, unless they go with something silly like bon bon rehab.

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
Exactly, bon bon therapy, shopping rehab, frog lovers anonymous... You name it.

But, I see her more as being on skid row in Hollywood with a failing career and reuiniting with her old pals and trying to keep up the facade that she's still famous. (Sunset Blvd.) The final show resurrects her career though. SCOOTER: "Piggy it's your agent, Paramount's calling!"

I can daydream can't I?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh heavens...no! Under no circumstances should Piggy be in rehab! Currant or no currant, Piggy's soul lay in her inner strength and confidence. She'd have had to be heavily dumped by Kermit, and seriously mentally abused for her to lose that confidence and wind up depressed, adicted, or any other rehabbable problem. (Unless she was there thinking it was the trendy thing to do...)

But I don't even think she would do that. She is a woman, and a diva. Not a teenage girl, or a hollywood actress.

Anyroad...She *could* be a falling star. But they simply *must* rebember that she was was was one of the top most regognisable faces in TV in her time. She didn't fake that, couldn't have, it came from outside sources. So, if the world has forgotten her...it must be genuine. (Has the world forgotten her? She appeared with Celine Dion just a few monthes ago.)

I'd love Scooter to have become her agent though...

And I would desperately like to see Saunders in there. (As the villian?)

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
Look a lot has happened since the muppets last... Flip it around to that she's a legitimate huge star and almost impossible to get... They are just scenarios and I think you are wrong - they could do fun stuff with the scenarios of what happened to them along the way. How many blogs have I read where these silly guys are saying the muppets are gone forever, washed up, redundant. So it would be fun to mimic that psychology and then turn it around.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I see Gonzo in Bombay, India directing Camilla in an all chicken Bollywood film. I also like the Scooter as Miss Piggy's assistant thing. It works.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
As long as they don't make Piggy delusional. Beau is right, she WAS a big star, and rightfully so. She just handles stardom really poorly. But she's fabulous and we all love her and want to be her. That's her likeability. If she's delusional with a dead-end job like in MFS, then we just end up feeling sorry for her (as well as slightly uncomfortable).

My favourite Piggy moments are probably in Great Muppet Caper, Muppets Take Manhattan, and Muppet Family Christmas. She was quite a diva in these! But her desire to be a star was always grounded by Kermit. And most importantly, her actions had good intentions, maybe a little selfish, but inhenrently good. Quite unlike MFS. But I do think KErmit's role with her is going to play a huge part. He reigned her in a little bit. Her actions were motivated by caring, especially for the frog. How she is portrayed in this movie is going to depend heavily on how her relationship with Kermit is written.

Look a lot has happened since the muppets last... Flip it around to that she's a legitimate huge star and almost impossible to get...
Ooh, I like that idea much more than her being down-and-out, like her crazy cat lady persona in VMMCM (though that example was of course a flashback, and hilarious).

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
Mrs. Pepper you've obviously forgotten about the scene in The Muppet Movie when she's on a date with Kermit and the phone rings, it's her agent and she barely says goodbye. Sure, she comes back to Kermit the love of her life and Yes, she loves Kermit but her ambitions for fame are pretty darn high. I always thought that scene was so telling of her hunger.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Ah yes. :/ Let's pretend that one didn't happen! :stick_out_tongue:

Well, let me rephrase what I wrote: I would love to see Piggy portrayed in a way similar to the way she acted in GMC, MTM and MFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.