Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I don't mind at all that she left in TMM. I think that was the right thing for her to do at the time. Remember, she'd bearly met Kermit then.

I LOVE the idea of her being a huge star though, not like in VMC when she was a dumb lump under a sheet.

She could be working on about six different movies which are all cancelled...

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
And I don't agree with this view that Miss Piggy is all sweetness... She's not badhearted but, as I remember she always had a biatchi comic quality during Henson's reign. She wasn't really mean until someone, anyone (even the frog) stood in her way. Then it was haaaayaaah!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I think the point we're all trying to make is that she shouldn't be either extreme. We all know she has a fierce side, but in recent years that's all we've seen. I love the sweeter moments of Piggy because it's a reminder of what a well-rounded character she can be, and how much potential this movie has to represent that in a way that we can enjoy without feeling sorry for her shortcomings.

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
Points well taken.

I love the Gonzo/Bollywood idea. Hilarious.

Ooh - what about Amy Sedaris as a guest star..? She has such a great childlike freaky humor and would work well with them i think.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Foo Foo and Muppy don't really talk so I get what Beau is saying here. That dog character in Swamp Years just didn't play that well. The armadillo should have been in the picture instead! I just didn't like the entirety of the project and still am dismayed at Steve Whitmire's noted pride in it. I find it painful to watch. :embarrassed:

I like Digit and Leon, but it apears that Muppets like them and Uncle Deadly crumble away in some drawer if they haven't proven enough worth to the writers/producers. I really want to see Deadly back in action.
Talk with the animals skit comes to mind when all the other dogs are singing.
Sure Muppy and foofoo don't talk but that's only 2 dogs the number of animals that talk on the muppets outnumber the ones that don't.
Rowlf, Baskerville, Cows, Bears, Micky Moose, Ronald Duck, Butch Tiger, Catgut, all the food talks to..I mean really do I need to go any further...seriously complaining about talking animals in the muppets world where everything is alive and talking seems pretty trivial to me.
What i don't want to see are real animals that have cgi moving lips and then they talk, I've had about enough of those movies to last me a life time.
And yes I know it's sad we more than likely will never see them again but doesn't mean I won't stop pushing for them. :smile:
I just saw this article:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a92956/segel-new-muppets-movie-is-classic.html

Speaking about the movie's plot, he said: "It's a classic story. It's the Muppets needing to get back together to save the show...It's going to take place all over the world.

"Basically, the Muppets are no longer together. So that might take a while to film. I guess they've set the precedent in that last movie that Gonzo is, in fact, an alien, so he could well end up in space."

Talking about possible guest appearances, Segel commented: "Every time I bring it up with somebody - Mila Kunis, Jonah Hill, Seth Rogen - they say, 'Oh my god, you're writing me a part'.

"So I don't think there'll be trouble casting. I would love to star in it myself. I think that's the plan, but right now it's just a script deal."

This is funny - because I was originally thinking that he would do something where the muppets are strewn all over the world in various careers and states of being - and that they all have to reconnect and go back to the stage from wence they came. Maybe my premonition was right?
oooooooooo this sounds so much better! Than just the oil thing.
And Rowlf is definitely in it...

http://www.moviehole.net/news/20080401_rogen_is_rolf_in_new_muppet_mo.html

This movie is gettin' lot's o buzz!

I'm kinda scared though about the voices...
WOW you just had me cursing I'm glad this is a joke!:mad:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Personally I think it's time the frog got some competition. I'd like it if Piggy were not only doing well on her own, but if she had a new significant other (someone Kermit didn't know about and who shows up when Piggy arrives at the theater). This would force the frog to take a long hard look at his real feelings for her. Or something. I'm just tired of the chase, I guess.
Miss Piggy should show up with Charles Grodin! :mad:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Miss Piggy should show up with Charles Grodin! :mad:
Hahahaha! Oh Jamie that is absolutely BRILLIANT! Hahaha! That would be SO funny, and be the PERFECT time for Kermit to really win Piggy back. Oh GOSH that would be AWESOME.

I'm also thrilled with the proposition of having Gonzo in space too, that would just be SO awesome. I'm not sure how I feel about the whole "Muppets have drifted apart" angle though, since I don't feel like it's in their personalities to leave each other. But it does provide a fantastic story for a film, it just seems weird for the Muppets to separate... But then again, the Muppets and weird are synonymous! :zany: I continue to be VERY excited about this project, and hope that Segel and Stoller get to writing this script toot-sweet! :stick_out_tongue:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I'm not sure how I feel about the whole "Muppets have drifted apart" angle though, since I don't feel like it's in their personalities to leave each other.
That's the same problem most people have with MTM, except this one will probably be more canonical (Did I use that word right? :stick_out_tongue:), just 'cause MTM conflicts with alot of muppet history before that point.

If they do say that Gonzo's in space, that would be really cute. :concern: I wouldn't mind that, especially because no matter how bad people think MFS is, there is still a little space in my heart for it. :flirt:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
That's the same problem most people have with MTM, except this one will probably be more canonical (Did I use that word right? :stick_out_tongue:), just 'cause MTM conflicts with alot of muppet history before that point.
Yes, you used canonical right. I guess. Hehe, and I totally agree.

If they do say that Gonzo's in space, that would be really cute. :concern: I wouldn't mind that, especially because no matter how bad people think MFS is, there is still a little space in my heart for it. :flirt:
Ahh, nice space pun. Hehe, and I agree, I don't care how much flack people give it, I really like MFS personally.

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
What if Miss Piggy has "gone to God"? She's running a Christian ministry in bumsquat Oklahoma... Like Tammy Faye she's shopping at Big Lots for her makeup...

hahah - I love to keep you guys going - just kidding!

PS - sure it's in their blood to leave each other... The Electric Mayhem was always threatening to leave for a better gig!

Status
Not open for further replies.