The Muppets Valentine Show

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
It was just weird since they, along with Rowlf, are the only characters there who pop in at the very end without being in the rest of the show.
It was a joke. It was intended to be funny. Hey, look, here's some other Muppets that weren't even in the show. I saw this show when it originally first aired and I laughed when they showed up. And Ernie even says something like, "Hey Bert, what are we doing here?"

Personally, I love this show, despite the fact that Mia Farrow can't sing. I've had a video tape of it ever since it first aired and I played it many, many times. This was the first time Kermit ever rode a bicycle and Jim had the bike and motorcycle in a special display case at Henson Associates (when it was called HA!). He told me they were build by Faz Fazakas. He was very proud of them.

I think the show is a good blend of anarchy and sweetness. And my favorite character that never really went on to anything else was Droop. I would have liked to see him carried over to the Muppet Show.

:stick_out_tongue:

BEAR

Reaction score
It was a joke. It was intended to be funny. Hey, look, here's some other Muppets that weren't even in the show. I saw this show when it originally first aired and I laughed when they showed up. And Ernie even says something like, "Hey Bert, what are we doing here?"

Personally, I love this show, despite the fact that Mia Farrow can't sing. I've had a video tape of it ever since it first aired and I played it many, many times. This was the first time Kermit ever rode a bicycle and Jim had the bike and motorcycle in a special display case at Henson Associates (when it was called HA!). He told me they were build by Faz Fazakas. He was very proud of them.

I think the show is a good blend of anarchy and sweetness. And my favorite character that never really went on to anything else was Droop. I would have liked to see him carried over to the Muppet Show.

Oh, it was funny, WOE! I was just wondering the idea behind it. I loved how Mia Farrow called Ernie "Bert" by accident.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Oh, it was funny, WOE! I was just wondering the idea behind it. I loved how Mia Farrow called Ernie "Bert" by accident.
I loved that they kept that in! I never heard that line until I watched it on the DVD. The copy I had taped off television had an announcer doing promos for the upcoming show and talking over it.

Convincing John

Reaction score
The bike and motorcycle were on display? Cool. Did you get to see them when you worked on "The Muppet Movie"? I hope they take good care of them, whoever has them now. Maybe the Atlanta exhibit will display them someday.

And Droop did make it to the Muppet Show, just not very far. I liked him too. The guy got the girl at the end of "Froggy Went a Courtin'" and was still depressed at the end of the special!:stick_out_tongue:

Mia: "Cheer up, Droop. It's not that bad."

Droop: "Yeah, it's worse!"

The main thing I remember Droop doing on The Muppet Show is the "Imagination" number with Ben Vereen, along with some scattered "At the Dance" bits. He also popped up in Statler and Waldorf's box once (see the last page in Of Muppets and Men) but I don't know if that was on the actual show or just a poser photo.

Kermit riding a bicycle is always a treat. Poor frog needs a helmet, though! I thought the random Ernie/Bert/Rowlf cameos were funny too.

Convincing John

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
The bike and motorcycle were on display? Cool. Did you get to see them when you worked on "The Muppet Movie"? I hope they take good care of them, whoever has them now. Maybe the Atlanta exhibit will display them someday.
No, they were on display at the old brownstone in New York, on the second floor where the original Muppet Workshop was when Don Sahlin and Kermit Love were among the puppet builders. I have no idea what happened to them later.

BEAR

Reaction score
Droop also had a bit cameo in Muppet Christmas Carol.