The Muppets Valentine Show

peyjenk

Reaction score
Okay, so I watched it Thursday night, and I have to say... that might be the corniest thing the Muppets ever did.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Watching it, I thought to myself, no wonder they needed 2 pilots. They felt like the 2 sepperate parts of the muppets (the crazy, kooky, nonsequitor type stuff and the sweeter side/ interacting with celebrities bit) that would appear in the Muppet Show. Though, as I said before, I'd love a show exactly like Sex and Violence, but I wouldn't want to watch a show like the Valentines special.

Plus... I just hate Miss Mousey for some reason. Odd that she was in the best part of the special.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Watching it, I thought to myself, no wonder they needed 2 pilots. They felt like the 2 sepperate parts of the muppets (the crazy, kooky, nonsequitor type stuff and the sweeter side/ interacting with celebrities bit) that would appear in the Muppet Show. Though, as I said before, I'd love a show exactly like Sex and Violence, but I wouldn't want to watch a show like the Valentines special.

Plus... I just hate Miss Mousey for some reason. Odd that she was in the best part of the special.
I think that's a perfect way to look at it. Sex & Violence was the Muppets being the Muppets. And Valentine was them catering to a guest star. And both aspects eventually came together to form the Muppet Show.

I kinda liked Miss Mousey in her duet with Kermit on The Muppet Show. I could even see them going together for awhile because she'd probably treat Kermit a little better, lol. But in the end, I think Kermit would still choose Piggy (and not just because of the Karate chops hehe). :smile: :mad:

Convincing John

Reaction score
Also, notice how Miss Mousey isn't too concerned with Kermit crashing his bike into her house and wrecking her living room. Piggy would react differently, methinks.

Kermit should learn to drive. That poor frog has the worst luck with bicycles!

Convincing John

peyjenk

Reaction score
Also, notice how Miss Mousey isn't too concerned with Kermit crashing his bike into her house and wrecking her living room. Piggy would react differently, methinks.
Yeah, but if Kermit got into a wrestling match to go out with her, would Piggy repay him by running off with Droop on a motorbike? :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I kinda liked Miss Mousey in her duet with Kermit on The Muppet Show. I could even see them going together for awhile because she'd probably treat Kermit a little better, lol. But in the end, I think Kermit would still choose Piggy (and not just because of the Karate chops hehe). :smile: :mad:

I don't care for the puppet design of that character at all. She's one of the Ugliest muppets, right up their with the first season SS AM's.

BEAR

Reaction score
I've had the Muppet Show season 2 set for a while now, but I hadn't actually watched the Valentines show til now. I actually thought it was pretty cute. My favorite parts was probably the scene between Mia Farrow and the dog. I was surprised by the random appearance by Bert and Ernie and the end when all characters lined up to be kissed goodbye by Mia. Where did they come from. They weren't in the episode at all until then and they aren't even regular Muppet Show characters. It was just so strange. Rowlf randomly showed up too, but Ernie and Bert seemed more out of the blue. Is there any story behind this?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I've had the Muppet Show season 2 set for a while now, but I hadn't actually watched the Valentines show til now. I actually thought it was pretty cute. My favorite parts was probably the scene between Mia Farrow and the dog. I was surprised by the random appearance by Bert and Ernie and the end when all characters lined up to be kissed goodbye by Mia. Where did they come from. They weren't in the episode at all until then and they aren't even regular Muppet Show characters. It was just so strange. Rowlf randomly showed up too, but Ernie and Bert seemed more out of the blue. Is there any story behind this?
Well they might have thought it would be a good move when pushing this brand new, untested pilot to stick in Ernie and Bert since Sesame Street was hugely popular and acclaimed by that time.

BEAR

Reaction score
Well they might have thought it would be a good move when pushing this brand new, untested pilot to stick in Ernie and Bert since Sesame Street was hugely popular and acclaimed by that time.
It was just weird since they, along with Rowlf, are the only characters there who pop in at the very end without being in the rest of the show.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah, but at the same time, they probably didn't intend for B&E to be on their new show regularly and maybe didn't want to give the wrong impression.