New Muppet Show Rumor

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I hope so, that sounds awesome. Kind of like a new version of The Muppet Show, with a guest they never had. :smile:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
WHOA! How'd I miss this yesterday? How incredibly awesome! I hope it works out, Paul McCartney would be awesome to see with the Muppets!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Sounds a little suspicious. I'm not saying it's definitely false, something could be happening. And Dave/Gonzo saying they couldn't discuss something might be a good sign, hehe. But I'd wait for more information.

I'm a little doubtful about going completely digital in any case. Everyone makes a big deal about CGI and the like, but it's still in its early stages. Puppets would still look better by comparison.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
They used digital editing on A Muppet Christmas Carol to remove arm rods, strings and puppeteers so it might just mean that?

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind some CG shots, but most of it should be traditional.

Still, though, if true . . . Woo-hoo!

:smile:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
They used digital editing on A Muppet Christmas Carol to remove arm rods, strings and puppeteers so it might just mean that?
That's exactly what they're talking about.
Also like when they blue or green screen one of the muppets so you can see them walking around.
It's not cgi if it was they would have said cgi muppets.
They are talking about doing digital edits people needs to read and understand exactly whats being said before they jump off the deep end. :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
I am inclined to think false.Reasons- Jim Henson Studios have denied it, Paul McCartney's publicist doesnt know about it, no mention of Disney, it is called a Reunion yet Paul has not been a guest on the Muppet Show, and if everyone signed confidentual agreements-who would dare risk it coming forward.
Not to mention they say "not the cartoons that came after"...well aside from Muppet Babies, the Muppets werent known for being in cartoons.

I found about 15 red flags that pretty much prove this is a FAKE rumor. SHAME on you TV Guide.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Not to mention they say "not the cartoons that came after"...well aside from Muppet Babies, the Muppets werent known for being in cartoons.

I found about 15 red flags that pretty much prove this is a FAKE rumor. SHAME on you TV Guide.
Um they're talking about muppet babies which came after the muppet show and more often than not if you ask some average joe smuch on the street if he or she remembers the muppets they oh yeah! THE MUPPET BABIES!
And then I put my face in my palm say shesh and walk away.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Beaker, could you please elaborate on what these 15 red flags are? Just curious. Thanks.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
They have used CG ever scine the Jim henson hour in some way sahpe or frome. they used the blue screen in JHH they hused Cg to like said earlyer take out the arm rods and such and they really used a lot of CG even the frst CG Kermit in Muppets Treaser Island. So they have used CG before, but it has not been there main thing. Now if they did some CG shorts like they did on muppetworld.com i think that would be neat and it would be a good way to bring back some of the older Muppets. They could also it like the "Book of Phoo" that way the Muppets could be more flexable and move around more.
What i think though is keep it the way it was use more full body muppets like all the cool monsters. I think they looked so cool dancing with the gust stars on the Muppet show. My main thing is go back to what worked in the late 70's early 80's when the Muppets where at there prime. use that fromula and i think things will go great. There needs to be some new advancements in Puppetering shown cause in the last Muppet movie (MWoOz) there where no reall new things with the art of Puppetering. I know there has to be somthing new or somthing we havent seen them do that could really stand out and make you think man how did they do that.