New Muppet Show Rumor

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
That's true, Dwayne. I'd completely forgotten about how the Kermit doing flips to go fight Long John is CGI. And now that I've posted that, I hope I didn't just fabricate that information in my head...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It would be great to see more advances in puppetry. But on the other hand, to this day people marvel at the Muppet style of puppeteering. It's still impressive, it's not old.

I mean, seeing them ride bicycles was great. But personally, it's not the reason I loved The Muppets. What kept me coming back was the characters. :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
It would be great to see more advances in puppetry. But on the other hand, to this day people marvel at the Muppet style of puppeteering. It's still impressive, it's not old.

I mean, seeing them ride bicycles was great. But personally, it's not the reason I loved The Muppets. What kept me coming back was the characters. :smile:
I agree with you that the advancement in puppetering didnt keep me comming back to the Muppets. It sure did leave a lasting inpresion though. I mean there are times when as a Muppet fan i think wow rember the frist time i saw Kermit ride a bike on TMM or how about seeing Piggy swimming underwater in GMC or what about the rats getting the job done in GMC, MTM and MCC and who can foprget about the wonderfull scen where Kermit and Piggy are hanging upside down over a big clif.
Sure what keeps people watching the Muppets is the Muppets themselfs, but when they push the envlope to as far as they can it does leave you comming back for more.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
OH HOW WONDERFUL!

I think this is the big time!
I am still hopeful no matter how many times I've been let down (which is not much).

:smile: wow Davey says he can't tell...: O GASP! It's like a box of chocolates in the gym!

<3 HAPPY ME!

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Jim Henson was always interested in using the most up-to-date technology in his work. Remember Waldo C Graphic in JHH? He managed to incorporate the newest TV and cinema techniques into the Muppets without losing the original Muppet effect that his established years before. I hope Disney don't try and use CG any more than necessary. MCC was spot on as far as mixing the two techniques.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Jim Henson was always interested in using the most up-to-date technology in his work. Remember Waldo C Graphic in JHH? He managed to incorporate the newest TV and cinema techniques into the Muppets without losing the original Muppet effect that his established years before. I hope Disney don't try and use CG any more than necessary. MCC was spot on as far as mixing the two techniques.
that is preety much the point i was tring to make i had forgot about waldo though.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If this show is true and the Muppets are seen in full-body shots for most of the show, I wonder if this effects the possibility of bringing back many of the olde,r more obscure characters, who might not exist in the form of a puppet with legs built. Would Disney have certain obscure characters rebuilt just to accomodate legs?

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
Digitally enhanced means using computers to edit the wires out and add feet too or at least make it look like there is no muppeteer there like the cg on pirates of the carabian.